Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest gusthy
Hasn't there been microphone issues in some of the other customised roms (eg. 2.1 customs)? Does anyone know what was the cause and solution?

Tom, there is a question: AFAIK you did your work using 1.5 firmware, I guess, this people try it on 1.5. Isn't it possible, that thats why they cant use mic, and you can?

Guest hungary
yes, can we have froyo built on 2.1 firmware?

FOr this we need the 2.1 source. Huawei release only the 1.5 source :huh: T-Mobile released the 2.1 source only for Pulse Mini (not important for us).

Guest flip360
FOr this we need the 2.1 source. Huawei release only the 1.5 source ;) T-Mobile released the 2.1 source only for Pulse Mini (not important for us).

Sorry for my noobness, once again, DAMN T-MOB and HUAWEI!!! i feel better now :huh:

Tom, there is a question: AFAIK you did your work using 1.5 firmware, I guess, this people try it on 1.5. Isn't it possible, that thats why they cant use mic, and you can?

I doesn't work for me either, I just hadn't done much testing. I didn't realise mic didn't work until others mentioned it and didn't have time to test it at work today. I have an idea what may cause it.

Has anyone tested the mic in other apps, I think it may be the phone app (as with the eclair phone app).

FOr this we need the 2.1 source. Huawei release only the 1.5 source :huh: T-Mobile released the 2.1 source only for Pulse Mini (not important for us).

These Froyo builds are on top of the T-Mobile Hungary 2.6.29 kernel. They are already built on the 2.1 kernel, I just have the 1.5 partition layout and radio firmware etc on my phone. Because of this vibrate doesn't work for me. There is no kernel changes in these roms.

Maybe I should start using the T-Mob UK kernel. Is it any different.

Problem fixed (i think). Changed false to true.

File: packages/apps/Phone/res/values/config.xml

<!-- Determine whether calls to mute the microphone in PhoneUtils

are routed through the android.media.AudioManager class (true) or through

the com.android.internal.telephony.Phone interface (false). -->

<bool name="send_mic_mute_to_AudioManager">true</bool>

Replacing Phone.apk with the one attached should fix it. I will upload a new rom with the updated apk included.

Phone.zip

These Froyo builds are on top of the T-Mobile Hungary 2.6.29 kernel. They are already built on the 2.1 kernel, I just have the 1.5 partition layout and radio firmware etc on my phone. Because of this vibrate doesn't work for me. There is no kernel changes in these roms.

The HU Kernal was Beta, IIRC.

Guest Simon O

Well I've had no issues with the UK kernel but had performance issues with the Hungarian kernel. The size of the UK boot image is 2.37mb which is the same as the Tre kernel and some others. The HU kernel is a lot smaller.

Exactly I don't know what has been changed.

Guest hungary
Problem fixed (i think). Changed false to true.

File: packages/apps/Phone/res/values/config.xml

<!-- Determine whether calls to mute the microphone in PhoneUtils

are routed through the android.media.AudioManager class (true) or through

the com.android.internal.telephony.Phone interface (false). -->

<bool name="send_mic_mute_to_AudioManager">true</bool>

Replacing Phone.apk with the one attached should fix it. I will upload a new rom with the updated apk included.

I copy it over the original phone.apk, but many force close, no network signal, etc...

Just installed neocore. Oh god. It now goes full screen, takes seconds to open, and the music plays. The logos appear on the screen too!

22.6 w/Sound

:huh:

edit: 26.9 with out

Edited by Rem1x

I copy it over the original phone.apk, but many force close, no network signal, etc...

Did you wipe data and dalvik cache? That might fix it.

The new image is uploading now.

Guest hungary
Did you wipe data and dalvik cache? That might fix it.

The new image is uploading now.

Yeah, but Google Setup (Google Aps flashed with recovery) freeze.

Waiting for the upload..... Thanks!

Waiting for the upload..... Thanks!

Froyo-Pulse-0.31

is it with the UK kernel?

No. The only change is the Phone.apk (and I think the mistake in wpa_supplicant.conf is fixed, but wifi still won't work).

The UK kernel should be easy enough to add if you want to do it yourself. You just need to repack the boot image.

Guest flip360
Just installed neocore. Oh god. It now goes full screen, takes seconds to open, and the music plays. The logos appear on the screen too!

22.6 w/Sound

:huh:

edit: 26.9 with out

i just got 26.7 without sound on J-Mod 1.1, curious to know how it will turn up on froyo ;)

Guest flip360
Froyo-Pulse-0.31

The UK kernel should be easy enough to add if you want to do it yourself. You just need to repack the boot image.

i`d like to try that, but i know zilch about unpacking and repacking android .img files. Can you point me in some direction? i know that there is a flashable zip on the FLB MOd page for the tre kernel or the t-mobile one, can i use that or am i mistaken? OR maybe i should leave you alone to work on the project instead of asking for tutorials :huh:

EDIT: The mic is working!!! Calling and Receiving also

Wifi turns on but its not scanning any networks

No 3G or 2G Data even with APN`s created

Bluetooth Works

GPS Works

GApps installed through recovery OK

Free Internal Space 65.41MB

at every boot i get asked about Network SIM PIN? i havent seen one like that before except the regular unlock sim

Edited by flip360

i`d like to try that, but i know zilch about unpacking and repacking android .img files. Can you point me in some direction? i know that there is a flashable zip on the FLB MOd page for the tre kernel or the t-mobile one, can i use that or am i mistaken?

To update the boot partition you need to repack the whole thing (you can update individual files in the yaffs partitons but not boot). The FLB-Mod ones might work, it will depend what is changed in the init scripts (there are some changes, but it might still work).

HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images You need to use a kernel command line to suit our device. eg. 'mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0'

at every boot i get asked about Network SIM PIN? i havent seen one like that before except the regular unlock sim

Do you have a PIN set on your SIM? I saw some options in the phone app about PINs.What is it doing now and what should it be doing?

Guest flip360

thanks for the tutorial :huh:

the network sim pin just asks for some key which i dont have personally, except for the sim lock pin. maybe that might be the answer for the data problems?

also, i formatted the sdcard and copied some music over but the music player doesnt recognize the files?

thanks for the tutorial :huh:

the network sim pin just asks for some key which i dont have personally, except for the sim lock pin. maybe that might be the answer for the data problems?

also, i formatted the sdcard and copied some music over but the music player doesnt recognize the files?

So it asks for a pin but you don't have one?

Maybe this is related.

<!-- Flag indicating whether the Phone app should ignore

EVENT_SIM_NETWORK_LOCKED events from the Sim.  If true, this will

prevent the IccNetworkDepersonalizationPanel from being shown,

and effectively disable the "Sim network lock" feature. -->

<bool name="ignore_sim_network_locked_events">false</bool>

Guest hungary
So it asks for a pin but you don't have one?

Maybe this is related.

<!-- Flag indicating whether the Phone app should ignore

EVENT_SIM_NETWORK_LOCKED events from the Sim.  If true, this will

prevent the IccNetworkDepersonalizationPanel from being shown,

and effectively disable the "Sim network lock" feature. -->

<bool name="ignore_sim_network_locked_events">false</bool>

Yeah SIM-Lock ask is appear sometimes for me.