Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest Simon O

Can you share the JIT files you used or at least the name of the rom you got the files from please? I've replaced them with files from Cyanogenmod 6 for Dream/Sapphire and my phone refuses to boot even when I cleared dalvik

Guest totiadrenalin
Can you share the JIT files you used or at least the name of the rom you got the files from please? I've replaced them with files from Cyanogenmod 6 for Dream/Sapphire and my phone refuses to boot even when I cleared dalvik

Cyanogen 6 RC3 for nexus one

but firs change the permissions to rw-r-r- of the lib files files and rwrxr-xr-x for the dalvikvm before the reboot.

Tom - Could you retain all the files in /system/lib/hw/ from the same 2.1 ROM as you took the kernel from. It looks as though even since cupcake the interface for these libs has remained backward compatible.

That works. Sensors now fully working.

I should be able to enable JIT in the config and do a proper build with it.

About the LiveWallpapers.

The bug isn't in the android.

Because any other LiveWallpaper downloaded from marked works with no problem.

There for the bug should be in the livewallpaper_picker. or in the LiveWallpaper.apk

What doesn't work with live wallpaper?

Tom, when you are building Froyo are you working on editing a vendor config or are you making manual changes to the source once downloaded? I'm trying to work out how easy it would be to get other people on-board to help you out.

Up until the audio fix the only change to the aosp source was the delay to fix the mReady problem. The audio fix changed a fair bit of the aosp code (by migrating in codeaurora code).

The wext workaround changes the aosp code directly (I'm not sure if that can be avoided), but its only one line to reset an error condition.

The lights fix changes the code directly, but I should be able to move that into the device config.

Guest flip360

i must say: thanks Tom G for having time and taking this project to another level.

hope to test the upcoming build :P

Hear that HUAWEI, i am running froyo alpha on the phone you told its not capable of...until now. (no thanks to you)

cheers man

Edited by flip360

The problem is the livewallpaper apk provided in the rom doesn't actually contain any wallpapers.

Ok. I just tried it on mine and I see some wallpapers, but none of them work. If downloaded from the market they do.

Guest Simon O
Ok. I just tried it on mine and I see some wallpapers, but none of them work. If downloaded from the market they do.

Probably worth just deleting them but leaving the LiveWallpaperPicker in.

Guest totiadrenalin
I should be able to enable JIT in the config and do a proper build with it.

Be aware with the jit.

I begun to have repetitive reboots, all of suddenly with not even touching the phone.

Guest Simon O
Be aware with the jit.

I begun to have repetitive reboots, all of suddenly with not even touching the phone.

That is probably because you are using files meant for a different device.

Guest totiadrenalin

I'll unyaffs the froyo system.img and push back the original dalvikvm, libdvm.so and libnativehelper.so to my phone.

I don't need jit, when my phone is totally unstable.

Maybe enabling the jit in the config and rebuild the kernel is better idea. Like Tom G said.

Guest Simon O
I'll unyaffs the froyo system.img and push back the original dalvikvm, libdvm.so and libnativehelper.so to my phone.

I don't need jit, when my phone is totally unstable.

Maybe enabling the jit in the config and rebuild the kernel is better idea. Like Tom G said.

jitoff.zip

Original files here for you.

arm5 isn't supported by JIT (dalvik/vm/Android.mk needs to be modified to remove a check) but its looks like they have had success with it over at xda-dev on other msm7k devices. Its building now (had to do a clean build).

I wonders if compcache is an option on the pulse. I think with such low physical memory it will only make it worse.

PS. I think swap support may be a requirement for compcache so it might not be an option yet anyway.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Simon O
arm5 isn't supported by JIT (dalvik/vm/Android.mk needs to be modified to remove a check) but its looks like they have had success with it over at xda-dev on other msm7k devices. Its building now (had to do a clean build).

I wonders if compcache is an option on the pulse. I think with such low physical memory it will only make it worse.

PS. I think swap support may be a requirement for compcache so it might not be an option yet anyway.

Yeah compcache and swap usually go together. JIT is enabled on the G1 and HTC Hero builds of Cyanogenmod 6 so it certainly seems possible. Not heard of any issues though.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
Tom are you building FRF85B or FRF91?

As I can see in the build.prop it's FRF85B

And the cyanogen's rom is FRF91

Edited by totiadrenalin