Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest Simon O
YAY! Soon FLB 2.2 would i say :)

dreamthought: Maybe you could do a rom for us who don't care about proper SD-mounting and camera :P

the SD mounting causes problems installing any application made for 2.2. it's quite important to fix.

Guest stealthstealer
Once the camera is working and the SD mounting works properly so Froyo can install apps to the SD, then I'll consider a release. I'm running the current debug build on my phone and making sure there are no hidden bugs. So far the performance is just like the 2.1 roms and possible a bit quicker in parts. A non-debug build will certainly improve things more.

this is just amazing.

2.2 squeezed onto our badly supported, memory lacking, 90 pound phones.

with no source code, drivers, Huawei/T-mobile technicians or any help from anywhere

seriously, what you guys have done is fantastic

can i use espresso framework on froyo or the 2.1 framework is not compatibile with it? 'cause when i last flashed it i've get boot loop... :P

Edited by Sh4rky

can i use espresso framework on froyo or the 2.1 framework is not compatibile with it? 'cause when i last flashed it i've get boot loop... :P

I think you answered your own question :)

Guest Letterbox115
the SD mounting causes problems installing any application made for 2.2. it's quite important to fix.

I just backed up my sd and formated it through the phone, and then copied my files back again :P

The market issue is killing me though :)

Guest Simon O

I've just tested stressing the phone. I installed Task Tray so I can switch between apps quickly (and keep them in memory). Playing music in the background, browsing modaco using the browser and sent an SMS to myself using the O2 website. The phone received the SMS, muted the music playback to play the SMS notification then faded the music back to it's original volume. Nice :P

Had OS Monitor installed. Memory free: 32MB. I'm happy.

Edited by flibblesan

I've just tested stressing the phone. Playing music in the background, browsing modaco using the browser and sent an SMS to myself using the O2 website. The phone received the SMS, muted the music playback to play the SMS notification then faded the music back to it's original volume. Nice :P

VERY NICE!!! :)

Guest rulerofkaos

I can't find any music within the music app. I cleared media and music cache, but no success.

And by the way, is the built not rooted, because es-file-explorer and titanium don't work?

Espresso for FROYO will be available when the known bugs are fixed and the first custom rom is out. There is no point of doing it now really. Please don't flash any 2.1 frameworks on the FROYO builds.

Guest Simon O
VERY NICE!!! :)

Even better is I just edited the message to say I used Task Tray and also the memory free :P

The market was an absolute BA***RD to get working. I think what got it working, for me, was by simply turning the images into a flashable zip and installing that way. However I had to fix a lot of file permissions after as I got the script wrong in the zip.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest stealthstealer
Even better is I just edited the message to say I used Task Tray and also the memory free :P

was that free memory with all the apps running, or after you killed all with a task killer??

Even better is I just edited the message to say I used Task Tray and also the memory free :(

The market was an absolute BA***RD to get working. I think what got it working, for me, was by simply turning the images into a flashable zip and installing that way. However I had to fix a lot of file permissions after as I got the script wrong in the zip.

That's amazing. Why aren't we getting official Froyo update :P ? HUAWEI? T-Mo? :)

Guest Simon O
i wanna now also, damn Huawei and TMOB, btw flibble could you point me in some direction for the abovementioned method? :P thanks

I used dsixda rom kitchen to unpack the system.img into a flashable zip. Once unpacked you can make changes to the rom easily. Give it a try, it's quite cool.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Just don't use it for repacking kernel images as it'll break them. You have to edit some scripts to make it produce working kernels for the pulse.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest flip360
I used dsixda rom kitchen to unpack the system.img into a flashable zip. Once unpacked you can make changes to the rom easily. Give it a try, it's quite cool.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Just don't use it for repacking kernel images as it'll break them. You have to edit some scripts to make it produce working kernels for the pulse.

i will :P thanks man

Great to see it going forward so swiftly, I would like to donate to TOM for his efforts, but havent seen a button for it yet.

I havent even installed 2.2 but i already notice this is the key to a really nice cheap phone.

For people complaining about why Tmob/Huawaei doesnt rls a 2.2, that is quite easy explainable and also understandable. We simply live in a world were profits need to be made, and new products bring money into a company and keep everybody imployed. Look at the estonishing rate HTC releases new phones, thats good for their business.

Huwaei even officially announned, and I think even released their new froyo phones.... They have no interest of course in not letting you buy these new devices. I totally agree with them if they decide not to rls froyo for these older phones. They must be EOL (end of life) and even though they are great phones, they want their business to continue and so want you to buy their new phones.

That doesnt mean I dont support this great effort by TOM, of course I do, I think its great he manages to make this phone really come to life and show what its capable of.

TOM even mentioned he could make the light work as notifier... that would be worth a LOT to me!

Another point some one might be able to elaborate on for me is that I dont understant why we cannot play DIVX and XVID on android? I had a PALM TX device, old hardware clocked at 500mhz orso, but even that device played rls group DIVX rips like a charm, (no!! hw acceleration at all). Why cannot my pulse do that?

Guest fredewis

what is everyone telling me that froyo is available for the pulse ..... the development has moved relly fast ..so flib when do you recon a flb 2.2 mod be available hehhe hope soon -..but anyways how is the development going ?wat stage is it at ?

Guest totiadrenalin
Once the camera is working and the SD mounting works properly so Froyo can install apps to the SD, then I'll consider a release. I'm running the current debug build on my phone and making sure there are no hidden bugs. So far the performance is just like the 2.1 roms and possible a bit quicker in parts. A non-debug build will certainly improve things more.

To fix the camera bug look deep inside into the video codecs.

Because even the gallery, and any other video player application even the youtube application can't play any video.