Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest Simon O

What doesn't work:

Camera

Video playback (gallery, youtube)

Froyo apps to SD doesn't work. Prevents installation of any large apps that require SD installation. Using Darktremor A2SD doesn't resolve this.

No JIT

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
What doesn't work:

Camera

Video playback (gallery, youtube)

Gallery graphic corruption when rotated

Froyo apps to SD doesn't work. Prevents installation of any large apps that require SD installation. Using Darktremor A2SD doesn't resolve this.

No JIT

Just use the cyanogen's rom gallery and there won't be any more bugs with the gallery when you try to rotate.

EDIT:

Also with froyo we get three ways rotation.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Simon O
Just use the cyanogen's rom gallery and there won't be any more bugs with the gallery when you try to rotate.

EDIT:

Also with froyo we get three ways rotation.

From what rom?

Nice. Found one that works properly. Taken from Cyanogenmod 6 for D/S

Gallery3D.zip

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
A zip version of an alpha rom will open the floodgates to many people that expect things to 'just work' and complain when they don't. This happens on many forums with many different roms.

Once this work has reached a level where it's mostly working, and Tom has given permission for his work to be used in general release roms, then I'll happily package it up. But right now it's an alpha rom and Tom has mentioned several times that he wouldn't like this to be made into zips for easy installation.

I want everyone to have a working and stable Froyo rom running. Give us a few more weeks :P

Flibblesan!

I support you totally!

First let Tom G fix those few bugs that left in the rom and then you could make a .zip version of stable froyo rom.

But I would suggest you to leave the Launcher from froyo because anything until now it's the most stable Launcher application I've ever used.

Guest lilim_ac

I find that we can not play any video neither with gallery, act1, wuzhenhua player. But I find that rock player can play the video!!

i can browse using native browser but i can not login to any google apps and or update weather and news, fancy widget, etc. anyone knows why?

also i had my phone hangs several times like in the community build 2.1 (not the official one) which i can not use my phone at all so i have to remove the batter.. anyone knows why?

i am using u8230 froyo over 2.1 tmobile uk rom

Edited by lilim_ac

Guest totiadrenalin
How do I apply the fixed vold? I just found vold.fstab and vold.conf, but I have no idea...

The Tom's fixed vold is located in /system/bin/vold

It's a binary file, it's please is in /bin folder.

But don't forget to chmod the correct permissions.

Guest totiadrenalin

And Flibblesan.

Take a deep look into the froyo.

As I Could see, there are bunch of files with incorrect permissions.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Simon O
Check /system/bin

Do you mind sharing the correct permissions with us please?

Edit: Cyanogen sets these to 755, which is what I've done. The only binary different is netcfg which is set to 6751

Edited by flibblesan

Guest flip360

@ flibblesan: i used the method you mentioned and made the images into flashable .zip file :P THANKS

One question though: i also am missing the thing with vold as i cannot move apps to sd, i have my sdcard configured through amon ra no swap, 512Mb ext2 and the rest FAT? Do i have to do something else?

cheers

Guest Simon O
@ flibblesan: i used the method you mentioned and made the images into flashable .zip file :P THANKS

One question though: i also am missing the thing with vold as i cannot move apps to sd, i have my sdcard configured through amon ra no swap, 512Mb ext2 and the rest FAT? Do i have to do something else?

cheers

It's a bug that we know about. Hopefully there will be a fix for it :)

Guest Simon O

Fix for rotaton and other sensors: sensors.zip

extract and replace /system/lib/hw/ with the contents of the zip and fix permissions.

edit: these might need a specific kernel image to work. I'm using the UK 2.1 kernel with Froyo.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hi,

Would someone be able to post a flashable zip with all the fixes and patches that have been found since the lastest release.

I have just installed FroYo but I remember all of the problems that were fixed and where the patches are in the thread.

Thanx

Aaron

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi,

Would someone be able to post a flashable zip with all the fixes and patches that have been found since the lastest release.

I have just installed FroYo but I remember all of the problems that were fixed and where the patches are in the thread.

Thanx

Aaron

/system/etc/dbus.conf need the permissions rw-r-r--

EDIT:

system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks also need to be set to rw-r-r-- instead of r-xr-x---

EDIT:

/system/xbin/tcpdump permissions need to be set to rwxr-xr-x

+

/system/bin/ping need the permissions to be set to rwxr-xr-x.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

EDIT:

system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks also need to be set to rw-r-r-- instead of r-xr-x---

EDIT:

+

This files are all needed for the 3G network and wifi as fare as I know

Guest flip360
Fix for rotaton and other sensors: sensors.zip

extract and replace /system/lib/hw/ with the contents of the zip and fix permissions.

i did that and its working without fixing permissions :P how do i go on about fixing them?

also the market issue is still there, repacking and fingerprints didnt do the trick for me, i dont have same market as yours in the youtube video (or someone elses) :)

Edited by flip360

Guest -=GriM=-
Does anyone remember which 1.5 rom it was that fixed vibrate when using the 2.1 pre-release? Were there multiple 1.5 roms that did this? I think that may give me what I want.

On my u8230 vibrate work without any problem...

Before that I have official 2.1 firmware to Belorussia

Guest Simon O
i did that and its working without fixing permissions :P how do i go on about fixing them?

also the market issue is still there, repacking and fingerprints didnt do the trick for me, i dont have same market as yours in the youtube video (or someone elses) :)

The only thing I did differently was to install Froyo from a ZIP rather than flashing the images. That probably fixed whatever bug prevented the market from working.

Guest Simon O

EDIT:

EDIT:

+

Thanks. So to fix networking completely you need to:

chmod 6751 /system/bin/netcfg

chmod 0440 /system/etc/dbus.conf

chmod 0550 /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks

chmod 0755 /system/xbin/tcpdump

chmod 02755 /system/bin/ping

chown 1002:1002 /system/etc/dbus.conf

chown 1014:2000 /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks

chown 0:0 /system/xbin/tcpdump

chown 0:3004 /system/bin/ping

Edited by flibblesan

Guest lilim_ac
I find that we can not play any video neither with gallery, act1, wuzhenhua player. But I find that rock player can play the video!!

i can browse using native browser but i can not login to any google apps and or update weather and news, fancy widget, etc. anyone knows why?

also i had my phone hangs several times like in the community build 2.1 (not the official one) which i can not use my phone at all so i have to remove the battery.. anyone knows why?

i am using u8230 froyo over 2.1 tmobile uk rom

anyone knows the answer to my question?