Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Do we have the drivers source code? I remember that somebody was trying to hack it, so i assume yes we have. Thats good news than! With the speed of Froyo and multitouch, we have a very nice phone :P

We don't have the 2.1 drivers source code, only the 1.5. Bigbear and [can't remember who] were trying to get multitouch enabled on the 1.5 drivers which failed to work.

I think it's nice to have git for reporting errors etc so they don't have to be filtered out of this crap filled treat :)

Guest Sh4d0w940
We don't have the 2.1 drivers source code, only the 1.5. Bigbear and [can't remember who] were trying to get multitouch enabled on the 1.5 drivers which failed to work.

I think it's nice to have git for reporting errors etc so they don't have to be filtered out of this crap filled treat :P

Yes, and iirc the 1.5 source was incomplete or broken or so and compiling didn't produce a succesfull build.

Sh4d0w940

Discussion should continue in here, but issues/bugs should be reported on github.

Great idea. I think the topic should be locked and a new one created called "Android 2.2 Discussion" along with links on the first page instructing people to post issues and bug reports on the bug tracker at github.

Once you've got everything sorted Tom, you could make the new topic and make that first post then contact BigBearMDC to have the current topic locked and linked to this discussion thread. I agree about this topic becoming way too confusing.

the 1.5 tmobile source was a bit broken but easy to fix, the Huawei QMR 1.5 source was fine, both were used to compile kernels with swap and compcache in

I think the code was just pulled from CodeAurora and changes made using the code T-Mobile released.

And hell Yeah.

Last nigh I was massing with the synaptics_rmi_touchcontroller's firmware, by flashing it via (smart card) - (Universal BOX).

And I managed to split the control of the i2c rmi touchcontroller.

Now the touchscreen is recognising both of my fingers, but the drivers can't handle.

Now when I put 2 fingers in the Multitouch Visualizer app I can controll the "X" with one finger, and the "Y" with the second finger.

But separated controls not confusing them. Now I only need patched touchscreen drivers to split the control of both X and Y on the two fingers separated.

I must say that this is great news and great work!

Guest totiadrenalin
Nice work. Have you found a way to flash the firmware from the phone?

First of all.

The firmware that I was using was the touchscreen_upgrade.txt from android 1.5 for pulse in /touch/touchscreen_upgrade.txt

I change the extension to touchscreen_upgrade.IHEX, and then via the (Universal Box) - (Smart card) I flash my pulses synaptics_rmi_touchcontroller.

So I was wondering why on earth we couldn't upgrade the touchscreen firmware via ProjectMenuAct?

Well I can get you the answer. Because the touchscreen_upgrade serial version is the same as the firmware that the touchcontroller already have.

So we need to figureout how to change the version number of touchscreen_upgrade firmware and put it back in the rom.

So than everybody would be able to upgrade their touchscreen via the ProjectMenuAct by typing #*#*2846579#*#*.

But first we need the patched drivers.

And after we upgrade the firmware in 1.5 if we apply the eclair UPDATA.APP the touchcontroller will be flashed again. That isn't good news. :P

That's our bigest problem. We need the eclair kernel source.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Building it as a userdebug rom instead of eng has reduced the size a little. It is down to 66MB now. That will increase a little with busybox and other tools added.

Here is a new rom. Froyo-Pulse-0.45.zip.

It includes the vold fix and sensor fix (maybe a few other things?). It is still based on the T-Mo HU kernel/binaries and it isn't rooted.

I should have another rom up in the next day based on the T-Mo UK kernel/binaries with a few features added, so I would recommend people wait for that.

I will add an override to the config so that future user roms still have root permissions.

To see the differences between user, userdebug and eng, take a look at the table at the bottom of this page.

This rom still has the 3G problem and is still using test-keys, so the market may not work (strangely it worked fine for me with test-keys). I will look at including a different fingerprint in the next rom.

Guest totiadrenalin

I'm deleting this post.

Because after downgrading to 1.5 and flashing the BB's MT boot.img I didn't get multitouch.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Nice one, Tom. Appears to be FRF91 too :P

Yep. The repo manifest uses the froyo-release branch from aosp, so as new releases are merged into that branch it should automatically include them, but the repos that I have modified will need to be updated with the new releases.

Unfortunitely it looks like the codeaurora repositories can't be relied on. I've always had problems with codeaurora and now it looks like they have broken one of the two repositories I need, so I'll need to fork those as well.

Unfortunitely it looks like the codeaurora repositories can't be relied on. I've always had problems with codeaurora and now it looks like they have broken one of the two repositories I need, so I'll need to fork those as well.

So bloody typical of them.

By the way we may be getting the .29 kernel code from Huawei very soon. I'm sure that will come in useful.

OH another thing, is Froyo being built with all supported locales?

I think it is using what ever is default. There is a spot in the config that sets it to only en_US, en_GB & es_ES, but I don't think that bit is being called.

So bloody typical of them.

By the way we may be getting the .29 kernel code from Huawei very soon. I'm sure that will come in useful.

Is there any particular reason of your optimism?:P

Excellent. That's one less thing to worry about then.

Hmmm, hungarian locale is not included :P

But rooting was very easy.

Edit: Busybox is a bit more tricky:

adb push busybox /data/local
adb shell
su
cd /data/local
chmod 755 busybox
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
./busybox cp busybox /system/xbin
./busybox cp busybox /system/bin
cd /system/xbin
./busybox --install -s /system/xbin
[/codebox]

Edited by gusthy

Guest Ivann149

Hi guys.I'm new here and i don't now much for the programming but if there is something in which i can help just tell me.I really want this project going on, couse the android 2.1 (and his roms and mods)are really booring me.Keep the nice work :P .

Guest thesinger

Can someone tell me how to install the froyo.Becouse every time i try to install it in the Android system recovery i get this:

Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:No signature (3 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.