Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Oops! (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

I'm not surprised. Far too many leechers downloaded it :P

Tom: If you want I can give you an FTP account on my VPS?

Edited by flibblesan

I tried to add the Superuser app, but it won't compile. Maybe I can get it working later.

Probably easier to just use ChainDDs superuser apk. I already have permission from him to use it in custom roms so there shouldn't be any issue for you adding it to Froyo.

Guest totiadrenalin
Toti any chance you could move all your discussion about multitouch to the existing multitouch thread please? Really this thread should be left for discussion about the Froyo rom and nothing else.

Before me there were other posts asking about multitouch in froyo.

If u read my posts about MT I'm deleting them.

There isn't any problems about not posting here.

And I just want to say that the kernel source isn't our biggest problem about MT in pulse.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

I have my own Http/FTP server

If somebody wont I could put anything you want in there.

ftp://os.x4os.com

http://os.x4os.com

I just want to help you.

But I don't have the Froyo-Pulse-0.50.zip

Who have this release of froyo please feel fre to upload it via the ftp

ftp://os.x4os.com

Don't worry, I left it open, anonymous

So to find what you uload http://os.x4os.com/pulse/

The anonymous user have read, write permissions.

But not execute.

Edit:

I change the folder to http://os.x4os.com/pulse/

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
Its on github as well :P

Not the rom, but everything needed to build it.

That's nice way to find who is redy to develop for Pulse on this thread.

Nice one!

+1

:)

Guest totiadrenalin
No one was able to download it, before the dropbox acc has been disabled? Then why is it disabled? :P

Why not let Tom G to deside what he should do with this Pulse Froyo build.

If he decide that this build shouldn't be able for download. Then He has the rights do do it.

We need to help him here.

And if you want to try the new futures in the froyo, why not build it?

Just follow the links to the github.

Download anything you need, and build it.

Like I'm trying to do right now.

Edited by totiadrenalin

No one was able to download it, before the dropbox acc has been disabled? Then why is it disabled? :P

Too many people downloaded 0.45 which caused his Dropbox to be disabled shortly after 0.50 was uploaded. Not only do we have access but the links are regularly posted on other forums too..

Guest Cazomino05

well I don't mind mirroring, I'm pretty sure I can handle the load just up to Tom I guess

EDIT: my hosting has been upgraded since I last checked I appear to be on an unlimited bandwidth plan so I can easily host it

Edited by Cazomino05

Guys. please test this method to fix market:

I tried it 3 times, and its working everytime.

Download zip and extract to sd.

Copy the Build.prop to /system

Install MarketEnabler.apk and enable the US market. Go to market and exit.

Go to /system/app/ and install the existing vending.apk. (now the market is on the data partition)

Go to Root Explorer, and delete the System/App/Vending.apk and VendingUpdater.apk

Go to settings, applications, search for the "Market" and clear cache, clear data.

Delete /data/data/com.android.vending and .com.android.vendingupdater directories.

Restart phone.

Go to settings, applications and uninstall the Market.

Now install Vending_patched_plus_features_froyo_1.82.apk

And start the market. Its work for my 2 pulse. (i type sometimes the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* during the method. I try the checkin without this modifications, and its not work.)

Now, the download not working.... Copy the com.android.vending from /data/app to /system/app and delete the original in /data. Restart phone.

http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/38134521/file.html

For me a further required step is required:

cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm *vending*
rm *Vending*
[/codebox]

Now, that I have Market, I made a quick test with memory usage of 0.45, and it is amazing:

I installed Advanced Task Killer (which is the benchmark for me), and after killing everything except for ATK itself and the keyboard, free memory is 54 MB, which is way better than 2.1 results.

(Only memory tweak was that I removed debuggerd which is perfectly unneccessary for average users - it is a typical trick that can be found on HTC forums too.)

Guest DanWilson
New is rom up. Froyo-Pulse-0.50

This one is built on the T-Mo UK libraries and kernel (actually FLB-MOD 1.5 since I don't have the T-Mo update).

Its an eng build, so is rooted. Nothing new is fixed, but it has a few new features.

BusyBox included.

Bash included.

I tried to add the Superuser app, but it won't compile. Maybe I can get it working later.

I'm sure there is a few other changes, but I can't remember what.

DO...

WANT...

!!!...

:P I'm back!

Guest Richard_Arkless
Did anyone even manage to download 0.50 then? Because I'd of thought it would have been mirrored by now.. :s

Nope, his account's public links have been disabled cause so many people were downloading 0.45

Guess were gonna have to wait till its up or when he uploads somewhere else

Building it as a userdebug rom instead of eng has reduced the size a little. It is down to 66MB now. That will increase a little with busybox and other tools added.

Here is a new rom. Froyo-Pulse-0.45.zip.

It includes the vold fix and sensor fix (maybe a few other things?). It is still based on the T-Mo HU kernel/binaries and it isn't rooted.

I should have another rom up in the next day based on the T-Mo UK kernel/binaries with a few features added, so I would recommend people wait for that.

I will add an override to the config so that future user roms still have root permissions.

To see the differences between user, userdebug and eng, take a look at the table at the bottom of this page.

This rom still has the 3G problem and is still using test-keys, so the market may not work (strangely it worked fine for me with test-keys). I will look at including a different fingerprint in the next rom.

New is rom up. Froyo-Pulse-0.50

This one is built on the T-Mo UK libraries and kernel (actually FLB-MOD 1.5 since I don't have the T-Mo update).

Its an eng build, so is rooted. Nothing new is fixed, but it has a few new features.

BusyBox included.

Bash included.

I'm sure there is a few other changes, but I can't remember what.

There are only 3 changes between 0.45 and 0.50 according to what Tom written. Busybox, bash and a different kernel. Nothing fixed, no new features. So really if you downloaded 0.45 then there isn't any point downloading 0.50 for the time being.