Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

:P

No, I am none of those people :)

Ok good. I was worried that Wifi didn't work for you. It does look like the new driver works well. My phone has been able to connect to my router every single time. The only thing that annoys me is that I sometimes I have to go into Settings and click my router then "connect".. I had this on 2.1 also.. most annoying.

Guest rulerofkaos
Please open a bug report and paste logs files showing this issue. We'll be able to fix it then.

Ok I flashed 0.5 again like yesterday and installed gapps, SD card didn't mount again, so I created a bugreport with adb, but I have no idea where the bug is logged, here is the complete report: log.txt

Now I installed gapps after one boot into froyo and SD seems to work. I don't understand it.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest android.test.uz

I have updated my U8220 (first edition with LOW memory) with 2.2/0.51

It is work well. Now I'll wait for new releases and will test 0.51

Maybe you know, maybe not, I just want to say some words that I know:

U8220 was released with 2 version:

old - LOW memory, can not be updated with generic Huawei 2.1, only supports 1.5

new - BIG memory, can be updated with generic Huawei 2.1.

How to check - if memory (menu-settings-memory-status) less then 80M or 125M, it is means that you have 1-st edetion, otherwise new edition.

Original SW amount is arround 140M. And upgraded by SD card and also able to upgrade by PC with special Tool.

Generic SW by default include - File Browser and weather forecast and some another tools. And Also main screen widget is very great.

Guest al_3sjad

Really, I like your work Dear, thanks a lot. However, I used this ROM in my U8230, the following points will describe my feed back:

1. Camera not working, therefore I cant used barcode scanner.

2. Barnacle Wifi Tether not working: error Message "Failed to load driver"

3. Arabic fonts "Right to Left" not supported "The letters comes separately not linked together".

These point actually very important for me especially the Arabic support if you have a time to fixed I will be grateful. Yah, One more point, I'm supporting the developers if you don’t mind send me paypal donate link :P

Edited by al_3sjad

Maybe it is confirmed. I only connected with wifi on open networks, but Barnacle does work only with "skip wpa supplicant" flag enabled.

Did you reflash boot with 0.51? The wpa_supplicant command line in init.rc has changed. wpa_supplicant will fail to load if the boot image isn't reflashed.

I think I've found the pin out for rs232. I need a 3v converter to test it, but 'cat /dev/urandom > /dev/ttyMSM0' makes noise with a speaker hooked up to TX. Hopefully I will have a converter tomorrow.

Hi Tom, great work, not enough praise for you :P Anyway i wanted to ask, when i sync the repo the next step is to "Extract necessary binaries" from the UK rom. Whats needed? i want to try and compile/help from the git.

Cheers and keep up the good work

Guest Totyasrác
About the red key not going to home screen, there is a setting for this in the application "Spare Parts" where you can choose what happens when you press the red key.

Yeah, found it yesterday - was glad about it :P

(For me a short press on red button resulted in screen off :) )

I found bug, I can't type numbers in terminal emulator, in other apps it works.

Sounds like a bug in the terminal emulator app, not really the rom (raise an issue with google). I assume you are using the terminal emulator preinstalled in the rom (in Dev Tools). Does terminal emulator from the market do the same?

Hi Tom, great work, not enough praise for you :P Anyway i wanted to ask, when i sync the repo the next step is to "Extract necessary binaries" from the UK rom. Whats needed? i want to try and compile/help from the git.

Cheers and keep up the good work

hi tom wrote earlier in thread about this:

-----

There is a script included to extract the files (I haven't updated the instructions yet)

CODE

device/huawei/pulse/extract_zip.sh <zip_file>

zip_file should be a signed zip update file (it doesn't matter if its not signed, but it should be of that format). eg. One of flibblesan's roms.

I will add support later for pulling the files from a running phone or UPDATA.UPP.

There is also a file (device/huawei/pulse/files.txt I think) that lists what files are needed.

-----

Did you reflash boot with 0.51? The wpa_supplicant command line in init.rc has changed. wpa_supplicant will fail to load if the boot image isn't reflashed.

I think I've found the pin out for rs232. I need a 3v converter to test it, but 'cat /dev/urandom > /dev/ttyMSM0' makes noise with a speaker hooked up to TX. Hopefully I will have a converter tomorrow.

Yes, I flashed boot.img too.

Guest Totyasrác
Sounds like a bug in the terminal emulator app, not really the rom (raise an issue with google). I assume you are using the terminal emulator preinstalled in the rom (in Dev Tools). Does terminal emulator from the market do the same?

Confirmed - the one downloaded from Market "eats" numbers :P

EDIT: eats==uses/consumes/takes :)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Totyasrác
Not confirmed, works for me.

That is exactly what I meant to say - numbers are taken by the Market version (in opposite to the preinstalled one) :P

Or you mean the preinstalled /DevTools/ one can use numbers also?