Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

That is exactly what I meant to say - numbers are taken by the Market version (in opposite to the preinstalled one) :)

Or you mean the preinstalled /DevTools/ one can use numbers also?

no, the market version - the devtools version simply crashes :P

Guest Totyasrác
no, the market version - the devtools version simply crashes :P

Devtool version works fine for me - I mean other than not being able to use numbers as input it's fine :)

Market version is excellently workin' :(

Guest totiadrenalin
So I guess the next stage is to get the kernel source onto the pulse github and incorporate it into the build process? Should be able to fix the camera now!

What about enabling the Swap?

Guest totiadrenalin
That's easy to do. But adding the kernel code to the build will allow the camera to be fixed and probably fix the Froyo A2SD also.

Yap.

And one more fix.

Now BB should bee easy to make The .29 patched MT touchscreen drivers.

And I have nothing more to talk about.

Guest Totyasrác
Yap.

And one more fix.

Now BB should bee easy to make The .29 patched MT touchscreen drivers.

And I have nothing more to talk about.

... but the .32 based Froyo maybe? :lol:

Guest totiadrenalin

About JIT and the marked bug.

I try to disable the jit in build.prop. Even replacing the old dalvik, libvm.so and libnativehelper.so from the older froyo build.

And I stil get the same issue with the Market.

Maybe you should consider to build release-keys, instead of test-keys build.

I guess that this is one of our problem with the market.

Flible, when I try your trick with the build.prop

# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=passion-user 2.2 FRF91 43546 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

# end build properties

And the Marked enabler I could get some more apps in the market app.

But still no big progress.

And I'm telling you that yeah it a beat slower when we are talking about boot up time, but Just test the JIT with some 3D games and etc.

You will get the picture.

Even with Jumboheap of the dalvik I still have about 25-30MB free ram and no force closing.

But we are talking when all the apps stay in the ram.

Well about 7-10 apps.

even switching between tasks is verry fast.

Flibble. Man you should try to overclock the CPU now when we have tke .29 pulse kernel sopurce.

I'm promising you that you will get much better performances with the froyo.

The Ram isn't our bigest problem.

Don't worry about over hitting the CPU.

The normal temperature of the CPU while it's working under full steam isn't less then 40-43C degrees.

So at least 600MHZ or maybe 750MHZ will not harm the CPU.

"The normal temperature of the CPU while it's working under full steam isn't less then 40-43C degrees.

So at least 600MHZ or maybe 750MHZ will not harm the CPU."

sounds nice to me :lol:

Edited by flip360

Rather than adding new features to the kernel we should be focusing on fixing the current issues with Froyo. Once froyo is 100% working then extra features will be added.

Guest totiadrenalin
Rather than adding new features to the kernel we should be focusing on fixing the current issues with Froyo. Once froyo is 100% working then extra features will be added.

At this point I totally agree with you.

Guest Fusion0306

How about swap for flb? :lol:

Guest igor_anta

Well yeah, but what about those features in 2.1 roms (I know it's a 2.2 topic, sorry)?

^EDIT: what he said :lol:

Edited by igor_anta

Guest AdamBaker
What type of encryption are you using on the wifi network?

It's WPA1/TKIP

I've just verified that the unrecognised ifindex number in the logcat increments each time ar6k is insmodded so it always matches /sys/class/net/eth0/ifindex. Also verified that the correct MAC address is now displayed in settings so definitely using the awext driver.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Now that we have this source will all the incompatible stuff work now or will it still require some work?

Im amazed at how far you lot have got in such a short space of time

Well done tom G and all the rest of you great people :lol:

Edited by Richard_Arkless

So I guess the next stage is to get the kernel source onto the pulse github and incorporate it into the build process? Should be able to fix the camera now!

I don't see it fixing the camera issue. We need the application layer (android) driver for the camera, not the kernel driver. The Qualcomm camera driver on codeaurora is incomplete.

We may be able to fix the egl issues now.

I don't see it fixing the camera issue. We need the application layer (android) driver for the camera, not the kernel driver. The Qualcomm camera driver on codeaurora is incomplete.

We may be able to fix the egl issues now.

I'm sure I've seen a way to get the 2.1 camera working on Froyo. I'll check it out.

As for the EGL, any ideas how to fix it?

Edit: the copybits issue? http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/issues/detail?id=2

Edited by flibblesan

As for the EGL, any ideas how to fix it?

Edit: the copybits issue? http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/issues/detail?id=2

Yep, that was what I was thinking. From what totiadrenalin has found that may be the problem. We can try add the headers from bionic to the 2.6.29 kernel and see what happens.

I have seen a few users mention their networks apn settings aren't included. If anyone finds a network that doesn't work automatically please let me know the network details and I will add it to the apns-conf.

Yep, that was what I was thinking. From what totiadrenalin has found that may be the problem. We can try add the headers from bionic to the 2.6.29 kernel and see what happens.

I have seen a few users mention their networks apn settings aren't included. If anyone finds a network that doesn't work automatically please let me know the network details and I will add it to the apns-conf.

I use this apns file: apns_conf.xml

I'm not sure what it means about adding the headers. Does the .h file just need replacing?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest android.test.uz

Origin files of android 2.1 (app file) about 180MB

It's an 87.2MB zip. That's a lot of hairy ars es...
Edited by android.test.uz

That file leaves O2 contract users without MMS. The O2 entries from this one are correct.

Ah. Blame Cyanogenmod.. that's where I stole it from :lol:

I'll make the changes to the apns file. Thank you.

That file leaves O2 contract users without MMS. The O2 entries from this one are correct.

The only difference in the O2 entries is carrier="o2 Hidden MMS" mcc="234" mnc="30". Is that the one you need?

I've update the apns-conf.xml on git. The next build should include it.