Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

What is ANDR on your IDEOS (2.1 by default or 2.2 upgraded) ?

I have used 2.1 and 2.2 on the IDEOS. 2.2 worked well, very stable.

Is something needs, I'll try to help you!

hm ok.. the ideos hasn't even been released yet. And it's Android 2.2

Got serial converter and got working rs232 (well half working, I haven't connected rx on the phone yet). I don't know if there will be any nice way to do this without soldering on to the phone. I might try some hot glue.

Guest totiadrenalin
Got serial converter and got working rs232 (well half working, I haven't connected rx on the phone yet). I don't know if there will be any nice way to do this without soldering on to the phone. I might try some hot glue.

If you are talking about some chip's firmware?

Well i know some verry nice way to do that part.

Via usb konecting it to uny box smart card.

I can read and flash any chips hexdec code.

Guest totiadrenalin

I don't know if this could help you guys

It's logcat while the phone is booting.

I found something interesting.

I have some futures like: android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch

I don't know what should that mean?

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
I don't know if this could help you guys

It's logcat while the phone is booting.

I found something interesting.

I have some futures like: android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch

I don't know what should that mean?

And more.

logcat.txt

Edited by totiadrenalin

And more.

Its a features/permissions thing. It doesn't mean anything.

You can set a heap of things in xml files in /system/etc/permissions/ to tell android what features are supported on the phone. I think it is used when installing apps that need certain features. None of it has been set yet in my dev roms.

Guest totiadrenalin
Its a features/permissions thing. It doesn't mean anything.

You can set a heap of things in xml files in /system/etc/permissions/ to tell android what features are supported on the phone. I think it is used when installing apps that need certain features. None of it has been set yet in my dev roms.

Yeah. I found it in /system/etc/permissions now.

But how and when its get into the rom.

I just fastboot the froyo_pulse_051.zip this morning?!

Never mind.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

Can somebody please tell me why I can not patch the synaptics_i2c_rmi_ym1319.c

If I try to change even a single line in the drivers I get build fauld .

I'm talking about pulse 2.1 kernel source.

Even if I put this line

#define swap(x, y) do { typeof(x) z = x; x = y; y = z; } while (0)

or

int x2;

int y2;

int finger2_pressed;

I can't build the kernel.

The patching of the 2.6.27 synaptics drivers was made by the way is made in G1.

But I guess things are different here.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
Can somebody please tell me why I can not patch the synaptics_i2c_rmi_ym1319.c

If I try to change even a single line in the drivers I get build fauld .

I'm talking about pulse 2.1 kernel source.

Even if I put this line

#define swap(x, y) do { typeof(x) z = x; x = y; y = z; } while (0)

or

int x2;

int y2;

int finger2_pressed;

I can't build the kernel.

The patching of the 2.6.27 synaptics drivers was made by the way is made in G1.

But I guess things are different here.

Why do I get the same error all the time

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c: In function 'synaptics_ts_work_func':

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:119: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:147: error: unused variable 'y_old'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:83: error: unused variable 'magnitude'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:82: error: unused variable 'gesture'

make[3]: *** [drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.o] Error 1

Even if i leave this lines untouched?!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest AdamBaker
Why do I get the same error all the time

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c: In function 'synaptics_ts_work_func':

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:119: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:147: error: unused variable 'y_old'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:83: error: unused variable 'magnitude'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:82: error: unused variable 'gesture'

make[3]: *** [drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.o] Error 1

Even if i leave this lines untouched?!

That looks as though you are putting your changes in the wrong place in the code - the kernel is built with gcc in C90 mode, not C99 and that means you must declare all your new variables before any actual code lines appear in the function. Unused variables are normally warnings, not errors, which suggests something has added -Werr to CFLAGS which you will need to remove.

How to test egl?

I might have a fix for the egl problems that have caused issues with video playback. Can anyone suggest an application to test with? I tried youtube but it needs gapps to be installed and a google account setup. I'm looking for something that would work without gapps (because I'm lazy and don't want to set it up).

(because I'm lazy and don't want to set it up)

Bypass google activation:

thumb_tall_Droid%20Act.png

If you just press the corners off the screen while having to set up a google account you can skip the activation

Edited by rikkiej

hi tom,

in the stock browser:

http://tinyurl.com/2flv8rm

its a german tv channel.

thx for work.

How to test egl?

I might have a fix for the egl problems that have caused issues with video playback. Can anyone suggest an application to test with? I tried youtube but it needs gapps to be installed and a google account setup. I'm looking for something that would work without gapps (because I'm lazy and don't want to set it up).

How to test egl?

I guess, Gallery can play back videos too?

Other idea is RealPlayer.

And of course, we all test it very happily with YouTube :lol::):)

Edited by gusthy

Guest AdamBaker
How to test egl?

I've just tested that if you shoot a video with the camera in 2.1 then Gallery in 2.1 can play it back so if you ever revert to 2.1 recording a video with that is an option. I think the stock 1.5 ROM included a how to use your phone video that I guess could be pulled out of updata.app using the splitting tools hereabouts.

Guest whackster

Now I know we are quite a long way away from a final rom release, however the current beta is operable enough, way beyond my expectations :lol:. I'm still learning about kernels, and I was wondering if this could be used to help optimize ours a bit more: sheduler tweaks. I have no idea if it works for us, since those values aren't even defined but I'm hoping its possible.

It would be a nice idea once everything is working on Froyo. I don't think it'll be part of any mainline Froyo ROM for the Pulse but other devs may cook custom kernels with these tweaks. Sort of how things are done over at XDA-Dev.

some guys at xda started porting froyo to vodafone 845 (huawei 8120) if its similar hardware you may be can join forces.

Did you read the thread about that? They are trying to get the U8150 IDEOS ROM working by changing a few files around. I can honestly say that they will fail unless they start looking at building from AOSP. I'm going to be quite blunt but they don't appear to know what they are doing. A ROM for one phone cannot be made to work on another device without some serious work. At the very least you'll need a compatible kernel (which the Pulse Mini has which enables it to run a custom mod based upon FLB-Mod).

The U8150 2.2 ROM is built for an MSM7201A device running a .32 kernel. They can't just slot in a .29 kernel and expect things to work, which they've already found out.

Edited by flibblesan