Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest BigBearMDC
Thanks, I think I will remain without 802.1x until it comes the TMN release.

By the way, in windows (and usb drivers) when you do adb the phone is in normal operation or in boot mode?

Thanks again

adb works in normal and recovery mode.

If your phone is in fastboot mode (thats the boot mode) you can use fastboot to access the phone.

adb is only very useful if your device is rooted.

fastboot is only useful if you intend to flash image files (e.g. system.img, boot.img etc.).

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hi,

Anyone know when Google are going to release the FroYo source seeing as it has been a while since we got the SDK and whatever

Thanx

Aaron

Guest 4nders

I just noticed this:

http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/t-mobile-pul...e-specification

"Matt

June 2, 2010 at 10:06 am

Hi,

The above post is correct, the camera has 3.2 megapixels not 5 megapixels. However 2.2 update will be released July 7th. We are currently testing the android update, and will be going directly 2.2, no other 2.x for Pulse due to low memory. Phone is manufactured by Huawei Electronics so possibility after.

Thanks,

Asif

T-Mobile Online Support"

Well, we can hope...

Guest JimJam707
I just noticed this:

http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/t-mobile-pul...e-specification

"Matt

June 2, 2010 at 10:06 am

Hi,

The above post is correct, the camera has 3.2 megapixels not 5 megapixels. However 2.2 update will be released July 7th. We are currently testing the android update, and will be going directly 2.2, no other 2.x for Pulse due to low memory. Phone is manufactured by Huawei Electronics so possibility after.

Thanks,

Asif

T-Mobile Online Support"

Well, we can hope...

I remember seeing that. You can only hope that it's true and not a lie.

(Quick fact, July 7th is also my Birthday ;) )

Guest 4nders

The swedish operator Tre said on facebook today that theyre getting the 2.2 update this week for testing, lets just hope theyre telling the truth.

Guest ogiogi
The swedish operator Tre said on facebook today that theyre getting the 2.2 update this week for testing, lets just hope theyre telling the truth.

Great News ;)

No, what are you saying? :S

Where did you read that?

They've said that they are getting a 2.1 rom that they are going to try out, not a 2.2 rom...

Guest 4nders
No, what are you saying? :S

Where did you read that?

They've said that they are getting a 2.1 rom that they are going to try out, not a 2.2 rom...

Uhm, your right. well kinda anyway, theyre just saying that theyre getting a rom this week, not specifying what version.

Well, sorry if i got peoples hopes up ;)

Guest Gurdjieff
Uhm, your right. well kinda anyway, theyre just saying that theyre getting a rom this week, not specifying what version.

Maybe 2.3 :(

It's most likely 2.1, I'm sure they would have mentioned that it was 2.2 if it was, and Huawei has been working on 2.1 for quite some time now, would be strange if they would be releasing 2.2 all of a sudden (but it would be a really pleasant surprise! :()

Guest Azurren
It's most likely 2.1, I'm sure they would have mentioned that it was 2.2 if it was, and Huawei has been working on 2.1 for quite some time now, would be strange if they would be releasing 2.2 all of a sudden (but it would be a really pleasant surprise! :))

Who knows :(

If it is compatible with all the new drivers then.. Maybe not such a hard port for the origonal devs.

If they do release 2.2 then it will be a slap across the face for all those Huawei haters! Seriously the G1 and almost every other android device on 1.6 of below by much larger / well known manufactures will never get an officail update. Huawei promise use an update then people moan when it isn't released on time ;)

Guest DanWilson
Who knows :(

If it is compatible with all the new drivers then.. Maybe not such a hard port for the origonal devs.

If they do release 2.2 then it will be a slap across the face for all those Huawei haters! Seriously the G1 and almost every other android device on 1.6 of below by much larger / well known manufactures will never get an officail update. Huawei promise use an update then people moan when it isn't released on time ;)

That would be funny. And I'd buy another Pulse, just to support Huawei!

I'll need some money first but hey, support helps!

Guest DanWilson
Matt

Asif

And I just noticed this!

For those how haven't noticed yet, the guys name in the comments is Matt, but he signed the message with Asif!

Edited by DanWilson

Guest BigBearMDC
Now that the Froyo source is released, how's it going? :(

Just follow me on twitter for info about progress ;)

I only post things here when I get something working.

Best regards,

BigBear

Guest dodge-167
Just follow me on twitter for info about progress ;)

I only post things here when I get something working.

Best regards,

BigBear

Aaaand your twitter is where? (link please)

p.s. im a facebook guy....

Edited by dodge-167

Guest flip's
adb works in normal and recovery mode.

If your phone is in fastboot mode (thats the boot mode) you can use fastboot to access the phone.

adb is only very useful if your device is rooted.

fastboot is only useful if you intend to flash image files (e.g. system.img, boot.img etc.).

Thanks!

I must say this Group is fantastic!

Guest Tom G

This was a bit off-topic in the mini kernel thread.

Ah okay, I compiled FroYo too yesterday ;)

But for me it is stuck at mfd_lines_count_mismatch or something like that.

Although this is pretty sure not the reason for Android to be hanging ...

Did you try to boot it?

Any success?

I tried it with our kernel and it's ramdisk and also with the FroYo ramdisk.

I don't know if there are still problems with compiling on 64 bit systems, I only know that the Android source tree contains a toolchain path for linux-x86_64, but I don't know if that works without problems... I never tried that.

I will try to patch all errors instead of deactivating modules.

The only needed driver for the touchscreen is tm1319, I patched this a lot of times ...

You can drop the other ones.

Best regards,

BigBear

I just tried to boot my Froyo system, and as expected it is stuck at where I was getting to before. If you use the boot image from the roms I posted previously it will get you to the mReady error. The boot image I was using is the huawei kernel plus the ramdisk from either the n1 or emulator.

To get past the mReady error you can set one of the properties (i think ro.product.name) to simulator. Check the build.prop in my 0.03 rom. It doesn't really fix the problem at all as it still fails from mount problems.

I initially thought the problem was from vold but I confirmed that vold is work correctly using the 2.1 source for debugging.

Edited by Tom G

Guest daveycarter
Thanks!

I must say this Group is fantastic!

So.......... how close is are you to posting a link to a working 2.2 ROM??????

Really looking forward to having a play with it.

Only had my phone a month and can't believe how much you can do to these, and to think I almost bought an I-phone. What a close call and with the money I have saved I can pay the insurance on my car!

;)

Guest Speckles

Until someone gets one working, nobody can tell you that. It could be an hour, it could be 6 months, it could be never.

It's like my manager at work asking me if there will be any unforeseen problems ;)

Until someone gets one working, nobody can tell you that. It could be an hour, it could be 6 months, it could be never.

It's like my manager at work asking me if there will be any unforeseen problems ;)

You should tell him "Prepare for unforeseen consequences!" in a very Half Life-like manner.

Guest Tom G

W/System.err( 1098): java.lang.Throwable: stack dump

W/System.err( 1098):	at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:612)

W/System.err( 1098):	at com.android.server.MountService.waitForReady(MountService.java:291)

W/System.err( 1098):	at com.android.server.MountService.isUsbMassStorageConnected(MountService.java:982)

W/System.err( 1098):	at android.os.storage.StorageManager.isUsbMassStorageConnected(StorageManager.java:274)

W/System.err( 1098):	at com.android.server.status.StorageNotification.<init>(StorageNotification.java:83)

W/System.err( 1098):	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarPolicy.<init>(StatusBarPolicy.java:424)

W/System.err( 1098):	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarPolicy.installIcons(StatusBarPolicy.java:555)

W/System.err( 1098):	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:408)

So we can now do a stack trace and see that MountService gets stuck when StorageManager calls isUsbMassStorageConnected.

I now have a fully booting and so far stable Froyo system ;)

I haven't tested it much yet, but don't expect usb mass storage to work yet.

Photos and rom to come.

Next will be to get ril working.

Guest Simon O
I now have a fully booting and so far stable Froyo system :(

wait... what? :)

already?

RIL would be great to get working. It is kind of important ;)

Edited by flibblesan