Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest DanWilson
I now have a fully booting and so far stable Froyo system ;)

Photos and rom to come.

OH MA GAWD!!!!

When? Photos mainly - happy with FLB-Mod!

Guest BigBearMDC
W/System.err( 1098): java.lang.Throwable: stack dump
W/System.err( 1098): at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:612)
W/System.err( 1098): at com.android.server.MountService.waitForReady(MountService.java:291)
W/System.err( 1098): at com.android.server.MountService.isUsbMassStorageConnected(MountService.java:982)
W/System.err( 1098): at android.os.storage.StorageManager.isUsbMassStorageConnected(StorageManager.java:274)
W/System.err( 1098): at com.android.server.status.StorageNotification.<init>(StorageNotification.java:83)
W/System.err( 1098): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarPolicy.<init>(StatusBarPolicy.java:424)
W/System.err( 1098): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarPolicy.installIcons(StatusBarPolicy.java:555)
W/System.err( 1098): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:408)[/code]

So we can now do a stack trace and see that MountService gets stuck when StorageManager calls isUsbMassStorageConnected.

I now have a fully booting and so far stable Froyo system ;)

I haven't tested it much yet, but don't expect usb mass storage to work yet.

Photos and rom to come.

Next will be to get ril working.

So did you just disable mass storage support in the default.prop?

Guest Tom G
So did you just disable mass storage support in the default.prop?

Can you do that? That would have been easier. That would have probably worked before we had source.

I commented out a couple of lines in 3 methods of StorageManager so that it always returns false to the mass storage functions. It should have only disabled usb mass storage. My goal was just to get it booting. Now that I know that is definitely the problem I can try to figure out why it gets stuck there.

At the moment the SD card is not mounting, but that is porbably because fstab refences the wrong dev (it did in the emulator and n1 images).

post-651053-1277476889_thumb.jpg

post-651053-1277476904_thumb.jpg

post-651053-1277476918_thumb.jpg

post-651053-1277476929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom G

Guest BigBearMDC
Can you do that? That would have been easier. That would have probably worked before we had source.

I commented out a couple of lines in 3 methods of StorageManager so that it always returns false to the mass storage functions. It should have only disabled usb mass storage. My goal was just to get it booting. Now that I know that is definitely the problem I can try to figure out why it gets stuck there.

At the moment the SD card is not mounting, but that is porbably because fstab refences the wrong dev (it did in the emulator and n1 images).

Ah okay, that's cool.

It's kinda useful that decompiling Java apps is pretty easy ;)

Is that the only thing you changed?

Because now that we have the 2.2 source, we might even be able to fix this!

Best regards,

BigBear

Guest Speckles

Way to go, Tom!

I think you need a Twitter a/c though, just so these kind of things alert me via text message ;)

Edited by Speckles

Guest Tom G
Is that the only thing you changed?

The only other changes were for additional debugging messages (and the only one that really helped was the stack trace).

I just did another build with only the isUsbMassStorageConnected method modified and it worked.

I think you need a Twitter a/c though, just so these kind of things alert me via text message ;)

I've never used twitter, I should look into it.

Most things don't work.

touch screen - Yes

Wifi - No - It doesn't have the wifi module in the rom so this is expected.

Bluetooth - No

Sound - No

Auto rotate - No

Brightness - No

RIL - No - Expected since it has the emulator ril driver.

SD card - No - Probably just needs a change to fstab.

But so far no reboots & no force closes.

I need to look into the android build system and how to customise configuration for the device.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Tom G

Here is the current rom I'm working with if anyone wants to try it.

Froyo-Pulse-0.10.zip

Flash with fastboot. Take a nandroid backup first.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

fastboot reboot

Its getting fairly late here. I'll try to do more tomorrow.

Guest _Bobby
Maybe Huawei should hire them ;)

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the M-Team" :(

Guest Azurren
Oh my, this is awesome :D

Can you run Linpack for Android on this and post the results? :D

Yeah, as soon as you can run a Linpack!

I want to see just how much faster froyo makes the device.. Who knows :lol:

Guest Epic-Emodude

Do you think that if we could create a fully working stable froyo rom, and then pack it as an update.app we could see it to hauwei/t-mobile to roll out to the masses? =)

Guest BigBearMDC
Do you think that if we could create a fully working stable froyo rom, and then pack it as an update.app we could see it to hauwei/t-mobile to roll out to the masses? =)

That would be EPIC!

But I guess if we would even want to get he chance to let it test by T-Mobile we would have to add those pink stuff...

Guest Epic-Emodude
That would be EPIC!

But I guess if we would even want to get he chance to let it test by T-Mobile we would have to add those pink stuff...

We could add the pink stuff but then people who cared would use our ROM and the people who dont really care about editing it and are happy with the stock will use the official t-mobile one...

Guest rikkiej

Would like to point out that we can't add stuff like gmail, maps, or whatever apps are google (or any others) copyright products. Hueawai should have some OEM rights so they can use them, we don't :lol:

Guest Epic-Emodude
Would like to point out that we can't add stuff like gmail, maps, or whatever apps are google (or any others) copyright products. Hueawai should have some OEM rights so they can use them, we don't :lol:

Arent there built into Android? If not we will just have to give instructions on how to add them ourselves and then make it flashable (I think cyanogenmod had to do a similar thing..)

Edit: I think what we will have to do is backup those apps then restore them in the ROM. Would it be worth putting them in anyway and then if we get a cease-and-desist letter from google we remove them?

Edited by Epic-Emodude