Best Application Manager

Guest vzontini

Guest vzontini

I'm relatively new to custom ROM's and having had to wipe a couple times now I'm realizing that someone has got to have figured this out and I'm just ignorant of the software. What do you use to easily re-install your applications after a wipe and fresh ROM load?

Guest Formel-LMS

I've been using Titanium Backup for reinstalling apps. It restores the data and the settings of the apps and re-enabled them in market for updates.

Guest theletterj

Well, I know there's only a small minority of us left holding out on rooting in hopes Froyo will be coming OTA soon, but is there an option for us? As I understand it, Titanium requires roots access so that's a no go right there.

Guest bobtentpeg

If you're nonrooted, and have only installed apps through market, then you're fine. It will auto-reinstall them after updating. Also, /data isn't wiped while updating, so your settings and whatnot will remain :rolleyes:

Also, you can always adb pull all of your user data (adb pull /data /path/to/whereever/you/want/to/save/it)

Guest theletterj

Well, that sounds easy enough. I don't have that many non-market apps anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks Bob.