HOW TO INSTALL FROYO ON ROOTED NEXUS

Guest phellandrn

Guest phellandrn

Hey guys, i dont really know anything about flashing stuff, and im kinda new, but simple logic has produced froyo on my nexus one using the update that everyone is talking about. here is how i did it.

1 - downloaded and flashed ERE27 rom from the forum link in modaco forums using the RA recovery image

2 - rebooted, held little ball down, entered fastboot, restored original recovery image, replacing the RA recovery image

3 - skipped signing in to google and stuff when the phone first started, put the froyo rom (after renaming it update.zip) on my sd card and restarted holding down ball

4 - entered into recovery from boot menu

5 - when you see the little green guy with triangle, pressed power and volume up, do this a couple times if you dont get it at first

6 - select the boot from sd care:update.zip option and enjoy froyo!

working great now!

sorry if this sounds retarded, but it worked!

Guest cezent

bravo!

simple and makes the point.

though Paul is uploading the repackaged update.zip at this very moment. which means there s no need to restore to stock status.

Its good for future reference though, I m sure the same questions will be showing up here again when Gingerbread is out in Q4?

Guest phellandrn

so, here is how i came to the conclusion:

xda forms said the update was only working on the ERE27 rom. so, i decided to download it, flash it on my nexus using RA, then, i took these steps from android police:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/22/br...our-froyo-here/

the only step missing from that link is to make sure to flash the original recovery.img, replacing any custom recovery image you guys use. but seriously, froyo is awesome.

btw, im in california using AT&T nexus one.

Guest fabiocampos
Hey guys, i dont really know anything about flashing stuff, and im kinda new, but simple logic has produced froyo on my nexus one using the update that everyone is talking about. here is how i did it.

1 - downloaded and flashed ERE27 rom from the forum link in modaco forums using the RA recovery image

2 - rebooted, held little ball down, entered fastboot, restored original recovery image, replacing the RA recovery image

3 - skipped signing in to google and stuff when the phone first started, put the froyo rom (after renaming it update.zip) on my sd card and restarted holding down ball

4 - entered into recovery from boot menu

5 - when you see the little green guy with triangle, pressed power and volume up, do this a couple times if you dont get it at first

6 - select the boot from sd care:update.zip option and enjoy froyo!

working great now!

sorry if this sounds retarded, but it worked!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------

FRF50 pre-rooted complete update zip for use with custom recoveries is uploading now... pardon my slow DSL upload!

By Paul Modaco :rolleyes:

Then, I´ll waiting :D

Guest phellandrn

definitely agree that it does put you to stock, however, being an impulsive "have to try this now and waiting any longer, even seconds, is extremely painful and agonizing" kinda tech nerd, ya, ill take stock until big paul gives us the goods (which i know he will!). :rolleyes: