[CLOSED] USB Bricked Desire or Legends, let's get a count. [55+ and counting]

Guest eViL D:

Guest afiorillo
[...] it could work it overwrites the bootloader

Unfortunately, the bootloader isn't the corrupted thing here. Just speculating, but that seems to me the classic unroot-after-brick thing.

Guest Snarkasm

As I mentioned, I dropped back to the red triangle screen a few times before that. Each time, rerunning the bat got me back into recovery with no ill effects, and no busted anything. Dunno if it's a compounding issue, though.

Guest afiorillo
As I mentioned, I dropped back to the red triangle screen a few times before that. [...]

A few times in a row, or spanning across hours or days?

Guest Snarkasm

Spanning multiple days. Never more than twice during one flash session, so I'd get ready to flash something, drop back to red triangle, re-run recovery, flash something, continue on my merry way. Couple flashes later, it'd drop back to the red triangle again.

This last time, I think it might have happened twice. Not sure.

Guest afiorillo
Spanning multiple days. Never more than twice during one flash session, so I'd get ready to flash something, drop back to red triangle, re-run recovery, flash something, continue on my merry way. Couple flashes later, it'd drop back to the red triangle again.

This last time, I think it might have happened twice. Not sure.

Have you ever experienced the "Choose a connection type" dialog to popup unexpected while leaving the Desire connected to the PC?

Guest demandart

Don't know if this could help, but my legend always ask me the kind of connection i want, and it read the sd, but doesn't mount on the pc...

Guest afiorillo
people who already voted 'no' and bricked theirs later can't change their votes afterwards. So it will be more then 56

We can't have it all. :rolleyes:

Guest eViL D:
We can't have it all. :rolleyes:

Now you can! Multiple select is now possible. *claps hands*

Oops, n/m.....

Edited by eViL D:

Guest pina
Ok, going to reset the results, and ONLY allow yes votes.

indeed, that's the best solution. We only need to count bricked phone, not the non-bricked :rolleyes:

Guest afiorillo
indeed, that's the best solution. We only need to count bricked phone, not the non-bricked :rolleyes:

Nope. Since there's a lot of people suffering the symptoms that seem to lead to the "bricking", it's important to figure out their ratio over the "bricked" poulation while looking at purchase dates and serial/part numbers. :D