Systematic cleanup of errors in 2.1Vanilla

Guest gusthy

Guest Simon O
Hmm, I think BigBear discussed the "real" 2.1 update being in and UPDATA.APP file (wich is huaweis native update format). Since there is a script that McSpoon made for unpacking these files (or well, at least there is for 1.5-updates), perhaps we could just take out the radio-updates and in some way upgrade these on our phones? Might be a very risky process, but perhaps it would be worth looking at? What do you think, would it even be possible?

The script for unpacking the files can be found here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...data-app-files/

Edit: Oh well, seems the radio wasn't even updated :rolleyes:

Won't know for sure until we can see the update.app for 2.1

I'd really like to know exactly what changes the Huawei 2.1 update does if it doesn't flash the radio. As the custom 2.1 roms should contain the same files as the original rom. So why doesn't it work properly?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest jmmL
Well I hope not:D This thing is not on the market, the first version was already uploaded on these forums and at XDA they included it on their ROM's. So I guess I'm safe... or am I:)

As for the ROM i didn't give a try to the new one yet, still using the vanillaish, but I noticed something. It's completely fringe but heck:D In the last two days I only got reboots when my battery is low. The whole day I was using the phone, abusing it even, and no problems. But during the nights (the last two nights) I get reboots cause the battery is around 20% or lower?!

I do notice that low battery levels seem to (anecdotally) produce more reboots.

Guest gusthy
I do notice that low battery levels seem to (anecdotally) produce more reboots.

Sure, I also recognized it, anybody to try to reproduce?

Guest Cheadle

So what is the state of play then at the moment?

How many errors do we have fixed?

How many are we working on and have an idea of the possible cause?

How many are just being a pain in the backside and no clue at all?

Also can we get Big Bear to do another extract of the rom - using that script just to see what we get.

Im getting the feeling that something is wrong at this stage of the whole process.

Guest igor_anta

I think this topic has branched in some 3 or 4 others:D Maybe just continue updating the problems here cause it's kinda chaotic to keep up with all the news. I'll just update my current situation. I installed the Huawei update, enabled vibrations and installed the starkos vanillaish rom with the new updated ADW Launcher (rc1) and rem1x's framework. The only thing I'm missing is JIT but it's conflicting with the launcher and obviously causes some instability so I'll wait for a new JIT rom to come out.

Anyway my phone is running for 13 hours now without a single FC or reboot, everything is working like it should and a have a ton of apps installed just to check if clutter is a problem but it's not. I had one reboot since I installed the vibrations fix, pretty much the moment it came out, and that's it. The reboot occurred with a relatively full battery and the phone in my pocket, no call, no Wi-Fi or any activity whatsoever.

My experience with the starkos rom is great, since it came out that's the rom I'm using and I had 2 reboots a day AT THE MOST, some days went by without a single reboot. So that's my report for the day, good luck and good night:D

Guest goce.nakov

Im using Huawei update with r7 from shadow but with JiT removed line in build.prop and ADW launcher installed, so far i got only one reboot (it was when I switched WiFi on and off) and FC on voice search upon reboot, I don't sense any big difference for speed when I removed JiT, I got installed 4 or 5 app mostly for social networking and some ebook's....will see how it will go in the future.

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest gusthy
Im using Huawei update with r7 from shadow but with JiT removed line in build.prop and ADW launcher installed, so far i got only one reboot (it was when I switched WiFi on and off) and FC on voice search upon reboot, I don't sense any big difference for speed when I removed JiT, I got installed 4 or 5 app mostly for social networking and some ebook's....will see how it will go in the future.

Strange, but removing the JIT line from build.prop does not disable JIT - you can try with LinPack.

Guest goce.nakov
Strange, but removing the JIT line from build.prop does not disable JIT - you can try with LinPack.

Well if that is the case.......I don't have any problems with ADW launcher what so ever, he is working smooth and fast but I installed 0.7 rc3 maybe in that build it's fixed.

Guest starkos

I think to disable JIT you don't have to delete the line, but change the end of the line from:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

to

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Although you would think that deleting it would disable it lol?

Edited by starkos

Guest goce.nakov
I think to disable JIT you don't have to delete the line, but change the end of the line from:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

to

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Although you would think that deleting it would disable it lol?

Shadow sayed its enough to delete the line...... search in hes vanilla post.

Guest gusthy
Shadow sayed its enough to delete the line...... search in hes vanilla post.

i know he said that :-) :-)

but it is not true