HELP :'(

Guest phoenixhaha

Guest phoenixhaha

I'm sorry I'm reposting this. As a new topic now. I really need help. I might just get a heart attack otherwise.

OMFG I NEED HELP.

Okay i'll try explaining everything.

I was on r22 initially. Downloaded the froyo custom rom, turned off my phone, rebooted, entered the recovery thing, backed up, wiped just about everything and went to flash zip from sd. Selected the froyo one, and it started to unzip and install. After it was done, I hastily read some text at the bottom that said reboot with volume down+menu or something like that. But in hurry, I just clicked on reboot system in the main menu with the trackball. Some screen came and my phone wouldn't get past the screen. I thought I'd take out the battery and try again. AND NOW MY NEXUS WOULDN'T TURN ON. It's not like its not going past some screen. It just isn't turning on. Had it connected to the charger for quite sometime now. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :'(

PLEASE? :'(

Guest Batkoto
I'm sorry I'm reposting this. As a new topic now. I really need help. I might just get a heart attack otherwise.

OMFG I NEED HELP.

Okay i'll try explaining everything.

I was on r22 initially. Downloaded the froyo custom rom, turned off my phone, rebooted, entered the recovery thing, backed up, wiped just about everything and went to flash zip from sd. Selected the froyo one, and it started to unzip and install. After it was done, I hastily read some text at the bottom that said reboot with volume down+menu or something like that. But in hurry, I just clicked on reboot system in the main menu with the trackball. Some screen came and my phone wouldn't get past the screen. I thought I'd take out the battery and try again. AND NOW MY NEXUS WOULDN'T TURN ON. It's not like its not going past some screen. It just isn't turning on. Had it connected to the charger for quite sometime now. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :'(

PLEASE? :'(

Press and hold trackball + power, does this do anything?

You should be able to boot in fastboot

Guest phoenixhaha
Press and hold trackball + power, does this do anything?

You should be able to boot in fastboot

Nope. It just doesn't turn on. Power + any other key on the device. No success. What do I dooo?

PS> When connected to the wall charger, the lamp indicator thing doesn't light up either.

Edited by phoenixhaha

Guest Batkoto
Nope. It just doesn't turn on. Power + any other key on the device. No success. What do I dooo?

PS> When connected to the wall charger, the lamp indicator thing doesn't light up either.

Try following,

remove battery and plug the charger (charger, not USB cable) then put the battery and leave the device for about 5 min.

Observe the LED and post the result

Guest JimmyFraser

Mate the Froyo rom included a radio update..

It sounds like you removed the battery while it was flashing the radio.

Did it have a box with an arrow coming out of it pointing at a little android??

if so this was the radio being flashed and if you removed your battery at this point you probably bricked your phone.

Edited by JimmyFraser

Guest cezent

as a solution of absolute last resort: Contact HTC

despite all the discussion about unlocking bootloader voiding warranty and blah blah blah..HTC customer care aint all that evil, if u really bricked your phone and cannot boot it up in anyway, contact HTC and tell them ur phone wont start up, they might just fix it and restore to factory status for you. it could happen to anyone's stock N1 that just ran out of power in the middle of updating OTA.

and also, its just a phone, not end of the world.

Edited by cezent

Guest phoenixhaha
as a solution of absolute last resort: Contact HTC

despite all the discussion about unlocking bootloader voiding warranty and blah blah blah..HTC customer care aint all that evil, if u really bricked your phone and cannot boot it up in anyway, contact HTC and tell them ur phone wont start up, they might just fix it and restore to factory status for you. it could happen to anyone's stock N1 that just ran out of power in the middle of updating OTA.

and also, its just a phone, not end of the world.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks a lot.

All of you. Really appreciate.

PS> It's a darn expensive phone.

Guest colonelpanik
Mate the Froyo rom included a radio update..

It sounds like you removed the battery while it was flashing the radio.

Did it have a box with an arrow coming out of it pointing at a little android??

if so this was the radio being flashed and if you removed your battery at this point you probably bricked your phone.

Being in a rush I did this myself, and this is the first time I've had a radio update... done plenty of other custom ROM additions, maybe a dozen at this point so I rushed through it as well. That little box threw me off... I left it there for about 20 seconds. Nothing. So I did the same thing, pulled the battery, put it back in... same thing. rinse repeat, same little box. maybe I got lucky.... the last time i just let it sit. after about 10 minutes, it finished.

I think you might have a different problem....

Guest MFK DGAF

I also have a problem and need some help please.

I update from CM 5.0.6 to froyo by downloading the ere27 update from rom manager, applying it then applying the froyo update from the official google link.

Froyo installed fine but i how ever lost my custom recovery along with root access. When I tried to flash the recovery from ADB i kept getting an error message saying it can not load or find the recovery. I then tried to use superboot to restore root access. After using the superboot my N1 now randomly restarts, I no longer have any service, I get an error message that says "system process not responding, can n ot pull down the notification bar, live wall papers are laggy along with scrolling from one desktop to another.

I would like to just get back to 2.1 with CM. Anyone have any suggestions?

My current info when in fastboot is

HBOOT-0.33.0012

MICROP-0b15

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0103

RADIO-4.06.00.12_7

Dec 17 2009, 13:05:23

Guest Batkoto
I also have a problem and need some help please.

I update from CM 5.0.6 to froyo by downloading the ere27 update from rom manager, applying it then applying the froyo update from the official google link.

Froyo installed fine but i how ever lost my custom recovery along with root access. When I tried to flash the recovery from ADB i kept getting an error message saying it can not load or find the recovery. I then tried to use superboot to restore root access. After using the superboot my N1 now randomly restarts, I no longer have any service, I get an error message that says "system process not responding, can n ot pull down the notification bar, live wall papers are laggy along with scrolling from one desktop to another.

I would like to just get back to 2.1 with CM. Anyone have any suggestions?

My current info when in fastboot is

HBOOT-0.33.0012

MICROP-0b15

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0103

RADIO-4.06.00.12_7

Dec 17 2009, 13:05:23

Place the Custom recovery image file in same folder where your ADB is. (android-sdk-windows/tools)

Reboot in Fastboot and then flash your custom recovery. Make sure when you're typing the command that you type the exact name as the recovery file

fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0-cyan.img in case your recovery image file is named "recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0-cyan.img" also make sure you add .IMG at the end

Follow this and it should work

Edited by Batkoto