SD card speed tester

Guest ogiogi

Guest DanWilson
YEAH IT WORKS

post-656233-1280322110_thumb.jpg

Lulz. Thats a relief anyway, I've ordered it. Just a long wait for Amazon to deliver.

I shall post mega happy smiley faces and pics of Ubuntu and speed tests when I get it.

I've hit Ubuntu mode, its installed on my USB flash drive, and soon my phone!

W00P W00P!

:(

Guest Krinyo

I think this test is useless. My card is a Class 6 A-Data, read is more than 15 mbyte/s, write more than 6 megabyte/s. This program showed only 2 megabyte/s read and 3 megabyte/s write on my Pulse... it's impossible, maybe A2SD is messing the results. I think the bottleneck is the Pulse itself...

Guest Daz555
I think this test is useless. My card is a Class 6 A-Data, read is more than 15 mbyte/s, write more than 6 megabyte/s. This program showed only 2 megabyte/s read and 3 megabyte/s write on my Pulse... it's impossible, maybe A2SD is messing the results. I think the bottleneck is the Pulse itself...

I have A2SD enabled on my 1.5 Pulse (MCR 1.8) and my results are 14MB/s read and 6MB/s write with an 8GB Transcend Class 6 card so the Pulse is capable of far greater speed than you are seeing. Might be worth running some tests of the SD card with a card reader to make sure it is not faulty - or even fake. H2testw is a useful util for testing memory cards.

Edited by Daz555

Guest de_shepherd

Somethings wrong ... I've got a2sd running (and cachesd enabled) using this program I got results of 4MB/s write and 11MB/s read ... and that's on a 16MB *class2* card!

Guest Krinyo
I have A2SD enabled on my 1.5 Pulse (MCR 1.8) and my results are 14MB/s read and 6MB/s write with an 8GB Transcend Class 6 card so the Pulse is capable of far greater speed than you are seeing. Might be worth running some tests of the SD card with a card reader to make sure it is not faulty - or even fake. H2testw is a useful util for testing memory cards.

With my computer i've got 17 MB/s reading and more than 6 MB/s writing speed - even if the card is in my Pulse... :( So it's not fault, or fake. And not slow, as this test claiming...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daz555

I just ran this test again since upgrading to FLB v1.1 (HU v2.1 update) and the results are very very different.

Read: 3MB/s

Write: 4MB/s

Something is very wrong here when running this app on v2.1 Pulse in comparison to v1.5.

Any ideas?

Edited by Daz555

Guest meinnit
I have just ran this test again since upgrading to FLB v1.1 (HU v2.1 update) and the results are very very different.

Read: 3MB/s

Write: 4MB/s

Something is very wrong here when running this app on v2.1 Pulse in comparison to v1.5.

Any ideas?

Could it be the dalvik cache?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mark2410

okay ive clearly got something wrong happenenig here. i was getting slow speeds so bought a class 6 card and im getting just as slow speeds. sits arround the 3 or 2 MB/s

its killing me how slow the phone is, please any ane have any suggestions?

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
okay ive clearly got something wrong happenenig here. i was getting slow speeds so bought a class 6 card and im getting just as slow speeds. sits arround the 3 or 2 MB/s

its killing me how slow the phone is, please any ane have any suggestions?

a2sd definitely affects the result

after re-flashing a clean flbmod without enabling a2sd,

my C4 card went from w4/r5 to w3/r14

Guest mark2410

okay, ive just tried a hdd speed test by plugging the pulse into the comp and its getting capped at 6MB/s. what could be causing that? is my pulse just defective?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest tummskruv

Write speed is 7MB/s

Reading speed is 22MB/s

Stock SD Card 2GB Uknown class (apperently class6)

Motorola Defy

Edit: 2:nd time I gott Wr 8MB/s and R 100MB/s... Dont think this app work properly, maybe thas why i´ts not on android market now?

Edited by tummskruv

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Pulse: UK2.1 rooted, link2sd.

Stock 2Gb SD card:

write: 4 Mb/s

read: 11 Mb/s

sometimes results go to 5/12 Mb/s

Do you think Class 10 will make a difference - will make the phone run apps faster? Google Maps for example. With link2sd most apps are on SD card now.

As what I see in results of others, Class 10 would significantly improve write speed, but read spead remains the same - looks like shipset limitation.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest moorkai

Does Pulse support microSDHC class 10 cards? If it does, what's the max capacity?

EDIT: Few posts earlier, KiloSnow benched his Pulse with a C10 card, so, if I am not wrong, it should be okay.

Edited by zYn!x