hoooooray!!!!!!i got vibrate on 2.1!!!!!!!thrilllllling~~~~~

Guest evrCT

Guest Simon O
Hey maybe you should start working at the vanilla rom after applying this, no? Maybe even we will have a smaller list of errors for the systematic cleanup.

Personally I would be using this update then installing r6 of his 2.1 rom, the one before file modifications. Then seeing what works, what doesn't. Most of the changes made are to help people running the 2.1 rom on a stock pulse so the errors may be related to hardware firmware.

I'm excited anyway.

Guest Epic-Emodude

This may sound a bit stupid but is it possible to merge the chinese update that makes vibrate work with the vanilla ROM so that it is one update?

If not could the bits that make it work be taken from the chinese ROM and put into the vanilla ROM?

Guest MarcusHenrique
Personally I would be using this update then installing r6 of his 2.1 rom, the one before file modifications. Then seeing what works, what doesn't. Most of the changes made are to help people running the 2.1 rom on a stock pulse so the errors may be related to hardware firmware.

I'm excited anyway.

I have an april update, it's newer than this one, and r7 of vanilla 2.1 works alright. Just FC's and slowdowns as usual.

Guest Sh4d0w940
This may sound a bit stupid but is it possible to merge the chinese update that makes vibrate work with the vanilla ROM so that it is one update?

If not could the bits that make it work be taken from the chinese ROM and put into the vanilla ROM?

It should be possible yes, I will try to include this in my vanilla rom.

Sh4d0w940

Guest eckengucker1

Seems that the firmware got changed. The problem is that the fw files are in the kernel and the kernel is in the boot.img. You can unpack the boot.img but you can't unpack/open the "boot.img-kernel". Without source-files where is nothing to do...

Guest Triq
Anybody got a simple guide to doing this update for 'special' people like me please?

Isn't is 1) Update.App (hold down red + vol down)

2) Wipe everything, format SD and apply ROM of choice

Correct me if I'm wrong. Ta

Guest Simon O
Isn't is 1) Update.App (hold down red + vol down)

2) Wipe everything, format SD and apply ROM of choice

Correct me if I'm wrong. Ta

Edit: Ah, found instructions. http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

So is the recovery image we need to flash at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6QDH2II U8220V100R001C125B249SP01bootimage.zip

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Triq
I'm just confused by:

"3. flash fastboot and recovery.

4. wipe data/factory reset;

Dalvik-cache;

battery stats;

rotate settings"

from the original poster.

I think 3 is just recovery mode (red+menu+start)

Guest starkos
I'm just confused by:

Dalvik-cache;

battery stats;

rotate settings"

There options in recovery menu...

Guest Epic-Emodude
I'm just confused by:

Dalvik-cache;

battery stats;

rotate settings"

The update will get rid of your root access so you have to reroot it and install the custom recovery image. Then in the custom recovery image wipe all those settings under wipe before flashing the ROM

Guest Triq
The update will get rid of your root access so you have to reroot it and install the custom recovery image. Then in the custom recovery image wipe all those settings under wipe before flashing the ROM

oh shoks! one extra step

1)update.app

2)reinstall recovery.

3)wipe and apply rom of choice.

right?

Guest makmondeja
I've uploaded the update file to Multiupload: http://www.multiupload.com/WYTUEKC8MH

HD1U822M29V100R001C125B249SP01.zip

somebody else linked to the bootimage at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6QDH2II

Hope this helps some people to download them.

Why, yours it's 56.2 Mb and the other (megaupload) it's just 1,81Mb. They are for different things?? :S