iTunes Streaming

Guest wdhilliard

Guest wdhilliard

Got 2.2 loaded and everything seems to be working well, so now it's time to play. I was really excited about checking out the supposed iTunes streaming capabilities, but I can't find any settings or information beyond that it is supposedly supported (damn news sites have completely ruined google search). Anyone tried this or have any info on how I set this up?

Guest effenjee

A couple links I found through basic Google searching:

The claim the there is iTunes streaming coming:

http://www.slashgear.com/android-2-2-froyo...eaming-2086419/

And the link the states that it isn't available 'yet':

http://www.slashgear.com/froyo-is-deliciou...id-2-2-2486764/

Still no easy way yet to get music from my iTunes library to my Android. Google did show some impressive streaming tech that will allow this but it’s not available yet and it’s not clear when it’s coming. There’s also still no way to sync with desktop clients such as Outlook or iCal. Android is more than ever a cloud based system and that either works for you or it doesn’t.

Guest wdhilliard

i hope you werent being smug about the whole google search. as i said, i found a bunch of articles mentioning support, but none about implementation or how it would be supported. i assume it is going to take an update of the native music player before we see this service. google bought simplify media and shut it down. hopefully they fix the problems it had in the past when they finally release it (and hopefully that is soon).

Guest wdhilliard

thats kind of a bummer. while we are on the subject though, can anyone give their 2 cents on what they think is the best solution for remote music access?