[GUIDE] How to get vibrate working on your 2.1 Pulse

Guest -Yaya-

Guest MrLowHoe

Hey, can you guys tell me your methods of backup? For backing up apps, their data, sms, contacts etc.

Back in the day I used MyBackup when installing MCR's etc but now my trial is over I'd like to know a free way of backing up before maybe buying a backup app.

:rolleyes::D

Guest goce.nakov
Hey, can you guys tell me your methods of backup? For backing up apps, their data, sms, contacts etc.

Back in the day I used MyBackup when installing MCR's etc but now my trial is over I'd like to know a free way of backing up before maybe buying a backup app.

:rolleyes::D

Download Titanium Backup from the market and there you go.....

Guest MrLowHoe
Download Titanium Backup from the market and there you go.....

Ah well, I'm having problems using it...when I try to do a batch backup of apps and data it either starts then hangs or says an operation is in progess[at which i normally restart and try again]

Backing up is the only thing in the way of trying this baby out. So sorry if it is slightly off topic guys!

Edited by MrLowHoe

Guest goce.nakov
Ah well, I'm having problems using it...when I try to do a batch backup of apps and data it either starts then hangs or says an operation is in progess[at which i normally restart and try again]

Hmm strange.... I never had any problems with Titanium.

Guest le_lutin

Can anyone confirm if the photos taken with the camera still have the "lines" in them (anyone who had 2.1 beta on the T-Pulse will know what I'm talking about).

Also, is the screen sensitivity still good with this "new" 2.1? The screen sensitivity had been greatly improved with the 2.1 beta.

Guest goce.nakov
Can anyone confirm if the photos taken with the camera still have the "lines" in them (anyone who had 2.1 beta on the T-Pulse will know what I'm talking about).

Also, is the screen sensitivity still good with this "new" 2.1? The screen sensitivity had been greatly improved with the 2.1 beta.

The screen is GREAT, and I have never had problems with the camera.

Guest le_lutin
The screen is GREAT, and I have never had problems with the camera.

Do you have the U8220-6?

I have U8220 and I had random lines in the images taken with the phone's camera.

What about the orientation bug in the 2.1 gallery (I think it was actually the nexus one gallery app), currently, for me (I haven't yet applied the vibration fix), when in the 2.1 gallery, changing the orientation of the phone whilst in the gallery temporarily makes the screen go weird (hard to explain, but anyone who is had the 2.1 beta will know what I'm talking about).

Guest goce.nakov
Do you have the U8220-6?

I have U8220 and I had random lines in the images taken with the phone's camera.

What about the orientation bug in the 2.1 gallery (I think it was actually the nexus one gallery app), currently, for me (I haven't yet applied the vibration fix), when in the 2.1 gallery, changing the orientation of the phone whilst in the gallery temporarily makes the screen go weird (hard to explain, but anyone who is had the 2.1 beta will know what I'm talking about).

Rotation in Gallery works fine and I have U8220, no lines when taking pictures only "problem" that I have with all this update thingy now is that sometimes when exiting app the home screen need some time to load, but that doesn't produce FC like before

Guest thehobnob

I've had no problems with the stills camera, but the video camera force closes as soon as I tap the capture button.

Guest gusthy
Rotation in Gallery works fine and I have U8220, no lines when taking pictures only "problem" that I have with all this update thingy now is that sometimes when exiting app the home screen need some time to load, but that doesn't produce FC like before

do you have ext2 partition?

Guest goce.nakov
do you have ext2 partition?

I have Vanilla 1.7 before but I think I repartitioned SD card before applying 2.1 r7 , cant remember now though :rolleyes:

Guest goce.nakov
hmm mine seems to stick on "update complete Restarting" after step 1

just how long does it need to restart?

Remove the battery and manually restart.......

Guest goce.nakov
So is this issue solve the FC/reboot probelms too?

I didn't have any reboots or FC so far (from yesterday at 8pm)

Guest ozren

Got a reboot with even with this... sooo dissapointed. It occured for the first time during the phone call!

Edited by ozren

Guest rimmer74

Hi there. Furst post so please don't bite!

Have applied this update after previously playing with some 2.1 versions and everything seems to have gone well...except...I have a hideous white bar across the bottom of the screen where the menu options should be!! What have I done wrong??

EDIT: Oh okay after a simple reboot it seems to have gone!! Wierd. Right time to test it...

Edited by rimmer74

Guest mark2410

okay, ive got everything done i think and it should be on a final reboot. thing is its now just sat with a swirly blue yellow red and green things forming an X and thats it.

did i do something wrong? should i just let it run or flick the battery out and restart?

Guest rimmer74
okay, ive got everything done i think and it should be on a final reboot. thing is its now just sat with a swirly blue yellow red and green things forming an X and thats it.

did i do something wrong? should i just let it run or flick the battery out and restart?

This happened to me too. I just turned it off and unplugged the usb lead, rebooted and it seemed to do the trick!!

Took a while to boot though nearly 5 minutes. Check to see if the swirly bits keep freezing and restarting then pull the battery out.

Edited by rimmer74