Increase touch screen sensitivity, only tested on LiquidE 1.100.05 based roms

Guest azuwis

Guest Azzay

Thanks guys! I got it to work.. Apparently i need to disable su for the script ( i got no idea what su means too).. Cool stuffs.. Will read up about LCR.. Cheers! =)

Guest Ayur
What does noise mean here?

It's basically the same like with audio noise - it's an unwanted phenomenon (caused by errors/inaccuracy in your sensors/gains or e.g. capacity changes in your environment). Practically it limits the detection of small signals.

So the filter-value here seems to be a filter that removes signals smaller than a given strength (so only your fingers get detected :)).

Btw: Great work azuwis :)

Guest Small_Hacker
It's basically the same like with audio noise - it's an unwanted phenomenon (caused by errors/inaccuracy in your sensors/gains or e.g. capacity changes in your environment). Practically it limits the detection of small signals.

So the filter-value here seems to be a filter that removes signals smaller than a given strength (so only your fingers get detected :)).

Btw: Great work azuwis :)

Does it mean that I should turn the value of "noise" to be smaller if i want the screen being more sensitive?

Guest Quipeace
Does it mean that I should turn the value of "noise" to be smaller if i want the screen being more sensitive?

The noise as well as the sensitivity (afaik). Don't go too far though or you'll get random "touches". I believe 20 is as low as you can go.

Guest Small_Hacker
The noise as well as the sensitivity (afaik). Don't go too far though or you'll get random "touches". I believe 20 is as low as you can go.

I have tried the new version one that is 20/50

It is really better and have a big different against the old one

• 3 months later...
Guest Morris Lee

This is awesome, mine is like iphone sensitivity now, but did anyone experience that from time to time, the whole screen is just going crazy and pressing everything?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Koki1337

Just ran the script with my Liquid E on baseband version A1-04.04.02!

Works great, and I must say this is a thumbs up!!!

@Morris, it does, same problem as mine, that's why I used this script. I changed sensitivity to 75/75.

Does the noise actually control the background particle movements? I mean, I want to use 25/75 if that's possible

Edited by Koki1337

Guest Morris Lee
Just ran the script with my Liquid E on baseband version A1-04.04.02!

Works great, and I must say this is a thumbs up!!!

@Morris, it does, same problem as mine, that's why I used this script. I changed sensitivity to 75/75.

Does the noise actually control the background particle movements? I mean, I want to use 25/75 if that's possible

25/75 still does not help, heck, 25/100 still goes crazy!, 50/75 does too. I still can't pin down what is actually causing the interferences to the random touches. I tried to see if it is the internal components by judging the amount of time I have the phone on, if the palm in the back of the phone affects it more, still, no actual direct differences at the moment.

Morris Lee

Guest Koki1337
25/75 still does not help, heck, 25/100 still goes crazy!, 50/75 does too. I still can't pin down what is actually causing the interferences to the random touches. I tried to see if it is the internal components by judging the amount of time I have the phone on, if the palm in the back of the phone affects it more, still, no actual direct differences at the moment.

Morris Lee

Shouldn't it tolerate with noise better with high sensitivity at 25/75

No idea at all, but this scrip indeed helps a lot after modifying it back to 75/75

Guest Morris Lee
Shouldn't it tolerate with noise better with high sensitivity at 25/75

No idea at all, but this scrip indeed helps a lot after modifying it back to 75/75

but it doesn't make much difference for any extreme values for the noise, it seems to be rather useless.

Actually, I am getting pretty good results with a cleaned screen... but that is hardly the case when I am on the go.

Guest Morris Lee
I'm on Liquid Galaxy ROM @ XDA and it works fine.

10/75 lol.

It's awesome that even my fingertip hair can trigger movements

Are you using a screen protector?

Guest gateaublaster
Thank you for this tips.

If you want to keep it permanent under LCR :

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh 'echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise'

adb reboot

If you want to change value, use exactly the same commandline using different values.

If you want to disable it :

adb shell rm_run sensitive.sh

Can u give an step by step as how to do this .. I dunno what this adb shell etc. means ..

would really like increased sensativity but not sure what to do =D

thanks in advance

.... I am using LCR froyo

Can u give an step by step as how to do this .. I dunno what this adb shell etc. means ..

would really like increased sensativity but not sure what to do =D

thanks in advance

.... I am using LCR froyo

In LCR-f you can change the sensitivity in LCR-Settings. Just open LCR-settings and scroll down to the button and choose "Sensitivity". And then "Custom Sensitivty" and enter 25 in sens and 25 in noise to get the same result as that adb thingy he used.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marcx87

I did an escamotage to make the script definitive on stock/leak version... Tested it works on Eclair and Froyo...

ROOT NEEDED!

Install GScript Lite and Autostart (Root)

Then save into the sdcard/gscript two files

file: crea.sh

#!/system/bin/sh

mkdir /data/opt

cat /sdcard/gscript/autostart.sh > /data/opt/autostart.sh
file: autostart.sh
#!/system/bin/sh

sensitivity=25

noise=75

echo $sensitivity > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo $noise > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

Obviuosly sensivity and noise can be changed as you like...

Now add in gscript 'crea.sh' and run it, it will create a folder in /data/opt and it will copy autostart.sh into this new folder

At first boot Autostart (root) will require root privileges, confirm it...

from now on, at every start up the sensivity will be updated :)

I hope it's useful for someone :)

I did an escamotage to make the script definitive on stock/leak version... Tested it works on Eclair and Froyo...

ROOT NEEDED!

Install GScript Lite and Autostart (Root)

Then save into the sdcard/gscript two files

file: crea.sh

#!/system/bin/sh

mkdir /data/opt

cat /sdcard/gscript/autostart.sh > /data/opt/autostart.sh
file: autostart.sh
#!/system/bin/sh

sensitivity=25

noise=75

Obviuosly sensivity and noise can be changed as you like... Now add in gscript 'crea.sh' and run it, it will create a folder in /data/opt and it will copy autostart.sh into this new folder At first boot Autostart (root) will require root privileges, confirm it... from now on, at every start up the sensivity will be updated :) I hope it's useful for someone :)
That autostart could be very useful, i imagine. I have persistent sensitivity on my rom In my case I saved the values on a files in sdcard. So everytime it boots it grabs the values from them:
sleep 30

if busybox test ! -e /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/sensitivity; then busybox echo 75 > /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/sensitivity; fi

cat /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/sensitivity > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

if busybox test ! -e /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/noise; then busybox echo 75 > /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/noise; fi

cat /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/noise > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

sync
I have also used gscript for users to set their own values by just changing it in gscript:
sensitivity=75

noise=75

echo $sensitivity > /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/sensitivity

echo $noise > /sdcard/JSRT/Persistent/noise

sync

Actually that gscript is dynamic as the saved values are changed gscript values are also changed. Now that's more complicated long story.

• 3 months later...

Morris Lee

Hello.

I'm italian. Sorry my English translated by google.

I have the same problem, the screen went crazy.

The problem does not always occur.

Occasionally, the patch works well for a long time, but suddenly the touch crazy.

Acer liquid E with 2.2 froyo acer-official.

Is there a solution?

Edited by cicci0

Guest Morris Lee
Hello.

I'm italian. Sorry my English translated by google.

I have the same problem, the screen went crazy.

The problem does not always occur.

Occasionally, the patch works well for a long time, but suddenly the touch crazy.

Acer liquid E with 2.2 froyo acer-official.

Is there a solution?

Must be bad quality touch screen, we have to stick with 75/75 I guess

Other people have managed to set the touch with this patch or have any problems?

Try to download this program from Google:

LS_touchscreen

You should set the sensitivity automatically

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mureno69

Great job! :( My wife has Samsung Galaxi S 9000. I tested sensitivity on both. When I set 15/20 on Acer it starts working like Samsung!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest patflute

Dude i love u, thank you! You should put if it it happens automatically because i was wondering, but then i noticed it! B) :D ;)