Youtube app on N1 running Desire ROM not working.

Guest Da Baron

Guest Da Baron

I am running r22Desire ROM and have just recently noticed when I launch my youtube app everything appears to be fine til I try to watch a video. Before posting here I read many forums and have done a factory reset,reboot,wipe the youtube cache/data and to no avail. I am new to an unlocked/rooted N1,having done so just last Wednesday. The ROM works fine and haven't had any issues,lags etc since installing it. Today is when I noticed after opening youtube that it wouldn't load any vids or subscriptions. Is this an issue w/the r22 ROM or something else? I'm at wits end. Just so everyone knows that whenever I flash 2.1 or 2.2 it works just fine. However the stock ROM is quite boring to me and prefer the Sense UI. Its not a big deal cause not being able to play vids from an app I rarely use isn't a deal braker from running Sense UI. Yet it would be nice to get some insight from some members more knowledgeable than myself. Any ideas,comments,assistance would be appreciated.

~

Da Baron

Guest stevenz

The YouTube app is a flaky POS. Just use the Dolphin browser and go to www.youtube.com and access the videos that way instead.

Although that said, if 2.0 works for you, you could try pulling the apk out and pushing it into your Desire install. I doubt it'll work, but if it's broken already it can't hurt :rolleyes:

Guest Da Baron
The YouTube app is a flaky POS. Just use the Dolphin browser and go to www.youtube.com and access the videos that way instead.

Although that said, if 2.0 works for you, you could try pulling the apk out and pushing it into your Desire install. I doubt it'll work, but if it's broken already it can't hurt :rolleyes:

Thx,much obliged. It was working on the r18 Desire ROM so who knows? :-)

Guest techlogik

Did you try pushing another youtube to it? Like maybe the latest with the HQ tweak? I run R21..so can't say specifically, my youtube seems to work fine with the HQ apk applied to that as a token of information.