Android 2.2 on Htc Legend ?

Guest Milo.Metallboy

Guest Ale Baba
...official voice...

If there was, it would have already been on relevant (Android) news sites and not exclusively in this forum.

But, guess what, there's still no official statement except for "Every device released this year will receive an update". If you want 2.2 so badly buy a Nexus One and flash the pre-release ROMs that are available already. There's nothing else you can do besides that.

• 2 months later...

I was looking at RUU's and I've seen RUU_Legend_Vodafone_AU_2.10.178.1_Radio_47.39.35.09_7.08.35.21_release_138238_si

ned.exe this is with the highest number. Is it 2.2 ROM ?? Isin't it ?

I was looking at RUU's and I've seen RUU_Legend_Vodafone_AU_2.10.178.1_Radio_47.39.35.09_7.08.35.21_release_138238_si

ned.exe this is with the highest number. Is it 2.2 ROM ?? Isin't it ?

No it is not. It's still android 2.1.

September has ending and no news about froyo for legend. I'm preparing to sell my legend on 1st October if it will not be announced officially from HTC. HTC is really not professional, he told on twitter and facebook and in various emails that froyo would have been released during Q3, and Q3 ends with the end of September. HTC sucks

Guest TheLegendaryJay
September has ending and no news about froyo for legend. I'm preparing to sell my legend on 1st October if it will not be announced officially from HTC. HTC is really not professional, he told on twitter and facebook and in various emails that froyo would have been released during Q3, and Q3 ends with the end of September. HTC sucks

No, HTC said they will START (key word in their statements) releasing updates to their 2010 phones in Q3. This does NOT mean it will be released in Q3, only that some phones will receive it in Q3.

Funny how you called Ale SPAM naive when he's released/adapted a custom 2.2 ROM for the legend :lol:

Edited by TheLegendaryJay

No, HTC said they will START (key word in their statements) releasing updates to their 2010 phones in Q3. This does NOT mean it will be released in Q3, only that some phones will receive it in Q3.

Funny how you called Ale SPAM naive when he's released/adapted a custom 2.2 ROM for the legend :lol:

No, you're totally wrong. I have an email from HTC where they say literally before the end of September so please be more mindful. Regarding Ale SPAM, I don't care custom roms full of ploblems, I bought an HTC phone, so I claim for an OFFICIAL FROYO update from HTC as they promised for the end of September.

Edited by lampux

Guest TheLegendaryJay

Ok screen shot the email :lol:

Also, if you read other forums, people are saying they have emails from HTC which counter your claim and even one stating that they are having issues with 2.2 + Sense on the Legend.

Screen shot the email? Why? I already told the content, it's enough I think :lol: Problems on froyo 2.2 + sense is a good point, we all hope they solve for the end of September.

• 1 month later...
Guest merQrie

Hi all!

This is in Swedish, but they have announced that Froyo will be able for Legends within a few weeks, :rolleyes:

The Arcticle is here (use google-translate 4 it if ya dont know swedish)

FROYO FOR LEGEND

Enjoy :huh:

// merQrie

EDIT:

I have translated the arcticle for yo guys:

(This update is for the UNBRANDED Legend's out there)

"HTC: Legend may Froyo within weeks

Now HTC outs the new information on the promised upgrade of the Legend to version 2.2 of Android.

HTC has previously stated that the upgrade from version 2.1 to version 2.2 of Android for Desire, Legend and Wildfire would commence in the third quarter of this year.

As HTC has already updated Desire, they can be said to have fulfilled that promise, which is obviously irrelevant to the Legend user who is waiting for 2.2.

However now HTC wright on their Facebook page that Legend phones that are not operator-branded will be updated "in the coming few weeks".

In the case of phones, operator-branded versions, it says that the waiting time will be "a bit longer" because HTC's software must

approved by the phone-brand first."

Edited by merQrie