Daskalos 6.5.3 ROM build 23658 with Sense 2.5

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
does cleanRAM work properly in this ROM? cause whenever i used it on the the first 6.5 Sense ROM...it just mucked up Sense completley and I would have to restart the phone to get Sense back.

yup it works...just set ram cleaning to level 1 or 2

Guest xbongx

ahahahaha :( sorry for the laugh.. bcoz i just saw my cam when i press the button its so huge fonts hehehe :( still we dnt know how to fix this?

Guest daskalos
ahahahaha :( sorry for the laugh.. bcoz i just saw my cam when i press the button its so huge fonts hehehe :o still we dnt know how to fix this?

Yup I still don't know :o

When I cook a 6.5.3 for B7610 fonts are always large...except for Hybrid, where the 6.5.3 build was official

I still can't pinpoint what causing it :(

Guest AtheK
I remember there is a post (I'm not sure here or in i8000 forums) on how to change the mac address and is a possible fix to wifi issues

It's done by typing a code...

Edit found it:

http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/295918...to-any-network/

thanks, but i have a question, the wifi does not turn on at all, and the above solution works if it is not connecting to a wifi spot.

I am currently on your 6.5.5 rom and it works absolutely fine.

Guest daskalos
thanks, but i have a question, the wifi does not turn on at all, and the above solution works if it is not connecting to a wifi spot.

I am currently on your 6.5.5 rom and it works absolutely fine.

Hmmm I don't really understand that wifi thing. I guess I'm lucky and must be thankful I'm not experiencing that :(

Anyway, what's your CSC and phone version?

Guest daskalos
ok probaby a stupid question, but still, how do i update that...

well it's not really recommended to update phone part because if something goes wrong with flashing it, you might brick your device as they say...

But I heard some people that have safely updated that part...though I'm not updated with the after results

Though in theory XXIK1 is just an update of XXIJ4 (a major update, maybe a month apart, J4, which is the last update of October and K1, the first update of November)

So maybe updating your phone part is maybe safe

Guest AtheK

lol, thanks for bolding it out :( , i guess i will stickwith 6.5.5 rom for now and probably sometime later when you port sense 2.5 to 6.5.5, try it out then :(

But hey thanks dude, you the man :o

Guest george101
Yup I still don't know :o

When I cook a 6.5.3 for B7610 fonts are always large...except for Hybrid, where the 6.5.3 build was official

use 6.5.5 then :(

am using ur 6.5.5 build 23568 and its the most stable, bug free and fast rom i have installed...

Guest FortKnox101
Yup I still don't know :(

The settings for the font are configured under the following registry keys...

hkey_local_machine/system/gdi/sysfnt

hkey_local_machine/system/gwe/menu/barfnt

hkey_local_machine/system/gwe/menu/popfnt

daskalos I would suggest you check these registry keys of your hybrid ROM and compare to this rom. or someone could post there 6.5.5 settings. I'm currently using this ROM and configured mine differently but still doesnt seem right but is slightly better.

UPDATE: Despite what i said earlier, doesnt seem like these settings do much. ive just compared 6.5, 6.5.3 versions and the registry settings are all the same.

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest Jasper91

Thx :( but when i put the Nb0 file in octan and press detect -> hook up my device, it doesn't see my device nothing happend :S it only says: [setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

can someone help me?

thx

Guest daskalos
Thx :( but when i put the Nb0 file in octan and press detect -> hook up my device, it doesn't see my device nothing happend :S it only says: [setup] Windows XP

can someone help me?

thx

turn off your device before hooking it up

Guest laurenze88

can someone help me?

thx

put the Nb0 file in octan

press detect ( be sure that youve got active sync, and that its allready startup) (also be sure that youve installed the samsung cable driver)

then hook up your device (be sure that your phone is off)

then start

Thats the its go..

Edited by laurenze88

Guest Jasper91

I downloaded the samsung cable driver but it doesn't help... I use windows 7 so i can't install active sync and my device is off. Is there a different between octan's downloader and octan's mini downloader?

thx

edit... strange it works now :( thx

how can i do this: 3. Disable Samsung Dialer for RAM?

+ can i put my device in different language?

thx

Edited by Jasper91