Google Vice President of Engineering Vic Gundotra uses the Incredible

Guest christonge

Guest christonge

b2.jpg?w=630&h=473

Google Vice President of Engineering Vic Gundotra is a busy man. Just days after presenting the I/O he took to the stage at the TechCrunch Disrupt in New York for a mobile panel.

Among some of the things cover were why Nexus One was leapfrogged by HTC Incredible, Evo 4G, plus why the Nexus One ship has been removed from the Webstore.

"In the 20 years that I've been doing software, I've never seen a rate of innovation like we're seeing now. These mobile phones, what's happening to them is staggering. It seems like they're completely leapfrogged within a quarter."

But here's the comment that I believe captures exactly how Google views what happened with the Nexus One, even if this isn't the public company line:

You have a phone you think is world-class and within a quarter the next-generation phone has an HD camera, it's got a faster processor, it's got a bigger screen..."

Gundotra went on to say that his current mobile phone is the Incredible, which is interesting to me considering he used Nexus Ones exclusively in demos of Android 2.2 at I/O. He also has an Evo 4G, which his wife took from him.

More of the interview here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.