Question for Froyo users: What are the new features in Exchange Calendar support?

Guest starkruzr

Guest techlogik

I guess I don't remember, but I don't recall on my win mobile or my iphone being able to create a meeting request.

You can accept a meeting invite though. Desire Rom already has this built in. Don't see why the new Froyo wouldn't, unless they still just can't it right with the basic N1 build.

Supposed to have full calendar support, but as I said, that doesn't mean the mobile exchange support has everything outlook has, far from it.

Guest Mi|enko
I guess I don't remember, but I don't recall on my win mobile or my iphone being able to create a meeting request.

You can accept a meeting invite though. Desire Rom already has this built in. Don't see why the new Froyo wouldn't, unless they still just can't it right with the basic N1 build.

Supposed to have full calendar support, but as I said, that doesn't mean the mobile exchange support has everything outlook has, far from it.

FroYo does let you accept invites. Also allows viewing of the exchange calendar in the default app. Only thing missing now, as far as I can tell, is support for a GAL.

Guest dyndragon
FroYo does let you accept invites. Also allows viewing of the exchange calendar in the default app. Only thing missing now, as far as I can tell, is support for a GAL.

From what I can tell, it does do some GAL functions. Just start typing in the recipient field and search results from your domain pop up.

Guest Mi|enko
From what I can tell, it does do some GAL functions. Just start typing in the recipient field and search results from your domain pop up.

Yeah. Just discovered that today. Haven't figured out to pull people's phone numbers via the GAL. I do like the way it was implemented in email though. Kinda slick.

Guest ernien
Yeah. Just discovered that today. Haven't figured out to pull people's phone numbers via the GAL. I do like the way it was implemented in email though. Kinda slick.

definitely pulls email from the GAL, and calendar invites and accepts work. Does not appear you can book a room or resource though. i have not found a way to pull numbers either, that would be handy.

Guest shantzg001

yeah, you can't pull numbers (from what ive explored till now) and also you can create meeting requests (create an event and select your exchange account as the account from which it is sent) but GAL doesn't work here, nor can you find the busy schedule of others..