Trimmed vanilla 2.1 rom V9

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest lilim_ac

can not download from your dropbox.. page not found.. can you please check it??

Edited by lilim_ac

Guest Richard_Arkless
can not download from your dropbox.. page not found.. can you please check it??

Yea sorry im uploading a newer version, I did plan on posting it earlier but I forgot what changes I made to it, so far I remember that I added these changes

Added a newer A2SD from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670087

Ads are now being blocked, made possible by this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664532

Changed somethings in build.prop also just dont know what lol

EDIT: now I remember, JIT is now disabled by default because I encountered alot of reboots because of it being enabled even wiped and reflashed and still had the same problems, now that its disabled it hasnt rebooted yet and its been on for 17 hours

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest il_cholo

Richard could you give me a valid link to download it and give it a try? dropbox is telling me that the link is invalid.

Edit: I see that you fixed the link and now is working.

As you said I can install it over 1.5 right?

thanks for your help, regards.

Edited by il_cholo

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard could you give me a valid link to download it and give it a try? dropbox is telling me that the link is invalid.

Edit: I see that you fixed the link and now is working.

As you said I can install it over 1.5 right?

thanks for your help, regards.

Im afraid with v8 it isnt possible as I have exceeded the 90mb file size in the system folder due to me adding those 2 new features, my plan is to continue to look for ways to decrease the size back down to around 85mb to fit on the 1.5 system size

Question who did try v7 on a 1.5 pulse?

Guest il_cholo

if you send me a link of v7 I could try it, I have a pulse (8220-6) running 1.5 because I cannot install the Hungary rom due to lost of 3G connection

can I trim that system folder to go down 85 mb?

Guest Richard_Arkless
if you send me a link of v7 I could try it, I have a pulse (8220-6) running 1.5 because I cannot install the Hungary rom due to lost of 3G connection

can I trim that system folder to go down 85 mb?

You can try but in the meantime try v7 here http://db.tt/Hw5zoc

Guest Richard_Arkless
thanks, I´ll give you my feedback on v7 as soon as I can (need to feed my babies first :) )

Dont try v7 I remembered that market was missing so try v7.1 which fixed it http://db.tt/aKyrwJ

Edit: I removed voice recognition and replaced it with the normal android keyboard (latinime.apk), this has brought it back down to under 85mb (84982kb so just about lol) so you can have it if you want, I also moved youtube over to data

Guest Richard_Arkless

heres v8 for 1.5 users who havent upgraded to 2.1 http://db.tt/bG9Bj3

This has the voice recognition removed and added the normal android keyboard and moved youtube to data

Please try it out and tell me if it works or not

Guest il_cholo
heres v8 for 1.5 users who havent upgraded to 2.1 http://db.tt/bG9Bj3

This has the voice recognition removed and added the normal android keyboard and moved youtube to data

Please try it out and tell me if it works or not

thanks for your effort.

I´m trying 7.1 and I had 2 reboots (one I couldn´t see it because phone was on my pocket but the second was in the middle while I was changing some screen settings) in 2hs and a couple of FC on voice search on startup

I´m going to try your v8 and I´ll leave you my feedback.

thanks again for your effort and kindness

Guest Simon O

Thanks for the latest rom. I'm going to play around with this and see what I can create. I've got a few ideas but the main one is to totally remove all Huawei customizations from the rom. I really do not like the way they control the framework theaming and I want to change it back to stock 2.1

Guest il_cholo

Im trying v8 for 1.5, I did a nandroid recover of my 1.5 in order to install v8 in a fresh environment.

when v8 finished to star I had a FC on android keyboard (input method latin) after playing a little bit I tried to shutdown my phone and It has rebooted instead of powered off.

anything else I can find I will leave my comment.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Im trying v8 for 1.5, I did a nandroid recover of my 1.5 in order to install v8 in a fresh environment.

when v8 finished to star I had a FC on android keyboard (input method latin) after playing a little bit I tried to shutdown my phone and It has rebooted instead of powered off.

anything else I can find I will leave my comment.

I think the force close is normal, after the first reboot the keyboard will work fine, it did for me anyway

As for it rebooting when you shutdown I think its down to you running an older firmware

Apart from that are you having more or less reboots than the previously leaked rom

if you cant upgrade to 2.1 on your u8220 then I recommend you wait until huawei releases a newer updata.app for 1.5, this way its a newer firmware and it will be more compatible with the 2.1 firmware, same with how a newer 1.5 firmware fixed the vibrate

Either that or wait for 2.1 to come out for your version of the pulse

Guest il_cholo
I think the force close is normal, after the first reboot the keyboard will work fine, it did for me anyway

As for it rebooting when you shutdown I think its down to you running an older firmware

Apart from that are you having more or less reboots than the previously leaked rom

if you cant upgrade to 2.1 on your u8220 then I recommend you wait until huawei releases a newer updata.app for 1.5, this way its a newer firmware and it will be more compatible with the 2.1 firmware, same with how a newer 1.5 firmware fixed the vibrate

Either that or wait for 2.1 to come out for your version of the pulse

so far I have no experimented reboots in the 2hs that the phone was on.

apart of the FC that I mentioned I have another one called "adw.launcher in process android.process.acore" this 2 FC happens when I start up the phone, but I can deal with it.

today I will push the phone harder sending sms and making phone calls, yesterday I finished with the basic configuration and downloading on/off widgets.

so far this rom is the more stable that I have tried and I love 5 home screens to add what ever you want.

thanks for you good work and keep it on, if I can help you please let me know.

Guest Richard_Arkless
update: I finished my first phone call since installed and it has frozen when I ended the call an the rebooted

Yea I looked into why the phone reboots and its linked to the switching between one frequency (GSM) to another (3G) so I think that reboot is linked, this cant be fixed as it is looking for a newer firmware of the baseband and the 2.1 updata.app had this newer firmware

Like I said if huawei released a newer 1.5 rom then that will fix that problem

Guest Jan M
Im using this ROM and i think that its the best ROM for now... I was using Hungary stock Update...

I've been using the Oscillation rom until now...didn't get any FC's there...can't say the same for this rom :)

Guest Richard_Arkless
I've been using the Oscillation rom until now...didn't get any FC's there...can't say the same for this rom :)

Yes but what you having force closes in, I bet its either voice search which I see as unstable which is why im planning on moving it to data and optional or the adw launcher which I must admit does require a little longer for it to load than the vanilla but still its a pretty good launcher and has a hell of alot more features than the vanilla one

Theres different meanings on what vanilla is and I believe that vanilla 2.1 is the nexeus one look and feel because that was the first 2.1 phone at the time

the 1.5/1.6 look is old and is outdated and this is similar to 2.2 which is considered the new vanilla look of android

I know this is biased but I have been using this since I started this rom and it has got more and more stable and now the only time I get a force close where I click wait is on bootup, after that its perfect, im sure others would agree on this part

Guest Jan M
Yes but what you having force closes in, I bet its either voice search which I see as unstable which is why im planning on moving it to data and optional or the adw launcher which I must admit does require a little longer for it to load than the vanilla but still its a pretty good launcher and has a hell of alot more features than the vanilla one

Theres different meanings on what vanilla is and I believe that vanilla 2.1 is the nexeus one look and feel because that was the first 2.1 phone at the time

the 1.5/1.6 look is old and is outdated and this is similar to 2.2 which is considered the new vanilla look of android

I know this is biased but I have been using this since I started this rom and it has got more and more stable and now the only time I get a force close where I click wait is on bootup, after that its perfect, im sure others would agree on this part

mostly voice search how I remember...

regarding RMB: I think it would be much easier to mod it into vanilla-like since it already has white backgrounds...so you wouldn't be stuck with a white clock and stuff...

by RMB I mean RBM :)

Edited by Jan M

Guest Richard_Arkless
mostly voice search how I remember...

regarding RMB: I think it would be much easier to mod it into vanilla-like since it already has white backgrounds...so you wouldn't be stuck with a white clock and stuff...

by RMB I mean RBM :)

I agree it would be easier but shadow beat them to it with editing the rom that was leaked by bigbear (When I started making this rom so I chose them) and I have tried countless times to port over the changes that I have made on it to the RBM rom and most of the time it just crashes because its too different where their version of the apps have different dependencies

If I started this rom around the same time as when RBM made their rom I would have chosen them over shadow

but with voice now being removed completely that is one less force close that we have seen on this rom and other pulse roms

Edit im gonna try my best to make most of the changes that I made with shadows rom work with the RBM rom but it will be a side project that I will be keeping to myself until it is ready to replace this rom (if shadow or paul hasnt made any progress by that time) but until then I will keep releasing updates for this rom

Guest il_cholo

if you plan to remove VS I will very thankful if you do the same on your v8 for 1.5, so far the rom is very stable and I like it too much, I don´t care if my phone reboots on phone calls, I make 3 per day at most and I use more sms and mails.

btw I checked 51.51449556,-3.58949252 and is a nice place :)

mine is -34.551333, -58.452583

Edited by il_cholo

Guest Richard_Arkless
if you plan to remove VS I will very thankful if you do the same on your v8 for 1.5, so far the rom is very stable and I like it too much, I don´t care if my phone reboots on phone calls, I make 3 per day at most and I use more sms and mails.

btw I checked 51.51449556,-3.58949252 and is a nice place :)

mine is -34.551333, -58.452583

Edit rewritten it

What I plan on doing is moving voice search to data so it will still be there for those users who want it but also to still be small enough for the 1.5 users

lol where did you get my location lol