Everytime I do a wipe it cannot connect to the mobile network (desire)

Guest mudrock1000

Guest mudrock1000

It's always been this. It says error connecting to mobile network or something and i'm pretty positive it's not the APN because it just magically fixes itself sometimes. How do i fix this it's bothering the crap out of me?

Guest Nerds 2 You
Bump really need help

When you go look into the APN settings are the correct settings listed? Perhaps it is just taking a while to add the APN settings to your device.

Guest mudrock1000

yup. :/

and it literally can't turn on the mobile network when i manually select it. And it is unable to find any network operators.

This started happening more when i dropped my nexus once, but i don't think thats it. I flashed to cyanogen sto check and this confirmed my notion

Guest Nerds 2 You
It's always been this. It says error connecting to mobile network or something and i'm pretty positive it's not the APN because it just magically fixes itself sometimes. How do i fix this it's bothering the crap out of me?

can you give a more detailed explanation of what has been happening? What is the error message? Have you tried setting the phone to 2G only mode to see if it makes a difference? Have you gone into the APN settings to verify that the settings that are there are 100% correct for your network?

Try typing *#*#4636#*#* into your keypad and it brings you to a hidden menu. Click on "Phone Information" and it will show you all kinds of information including the current network, network type, signal strength, current IP address (if you have one) and even allow you to run a ping test. If you scroll down you should be able to change some settings such as the preffered network type, if you hit the menu button you will get even more options such as "select radio band" make sure it is set to "auto" or the the correct setting for your location.

Guest mudrock1000

Well I'll do this from memory. one of the error messages was unable to connect to mobile network...another one it just said something about Using mobile network when Wifi is not available.

In the past one of the errors mentioned having an unknown error.

Yes my APN's are fine...and I'll try that later. It's a busy day for me and I need my phone to work the whole day.

Guest jdmsirek4

just download the apn backup and restore app from the market. when u have connection with your mobile network do a backup and when u wipe just download the app again and restore. worked for me!

Edited by jdmsirek4

Guest techlogik

EDIT: Disregard my issue with Data. ATT Wireless is having a major issues with data in the Tampa area today..no wodering it isn't working worth a poo...ATT blows.

Edited by techlogik