Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest gusthy
Nice translation: "Amint van válasz, megírom." -> "As there are no answers, I write. "

Should be translated to: As soon as there's an answer (I'll post it) instead.

Jesus, how can any sw translate "IS" to "IS NOT"?! :rolleyes:

Hungarian is a difficult language. "amint" means "immediately after a given thing happens, but not until that"

Guest gyusza
Hungarian is a difficult language. "amint" means "immediately after a given thing happens, but not until that"

i have a few friends trying to learn hungarian as a second language... not impossible but VERY difficult,

btw!

i woke up and my first thing to do was to turn on the computer and check the forum :rolleyes: anyone else?

Guest Totyasrác

But "van" should never be translated to "is not", yeah? :rolleyes:

(I am pretty aware of the difficulties of my native language, also had translated quite few things to and from English - never used automated processes however, it's just not the language for them :D)

Guest gusthy
i have a few friends trying to learn hungarian as a second language... not impossible but VERY difficult,

btw!

i woke up and my first thing to do was to turn on the computer and check the forum :rolleyes: anyone else?

my children all speak Hungarian well:):D

Guest gusthy
But "van" should never be translated to "is not", yeah? :rolleyes:

(I am pretty aware of the difficulties of my native language, also had translated quite few things to and from English - never used automated processes however, it's just not the language for them :D)

no, of course, but if amint is mapped to sg like "until", it negates:(

Guest feelmychi

Having asked the T-Mobile UK guys at twitter about a 2.1 update, I got the following reply:

HI Alex, there is no information available on any Pulse updates as yet. As soon as we hear anything we will communicate this via Twitter.

feelmychi

Guest rimmer74
Having asked the T-Mobile UK guys at twitter about a 2.1 update, I got the following reply:

feelmychi

This is the same message (word for word) that I got...

Guest feelmychi
This is the same message (word for word) that I got...

Just proves how lazy and incompetent they are I guess :rolleyes:

feelmychi

Guest de_shepherd
Nice translation: "Amint van válasz, megírom." -> "As there are no answers, I write. "

Should be translated to: As soon as there's an answer (I'll post it) instead.

Jesus, how can any sw translate "IS" to "IS NOT"?! :rolleyes:

Not just software ... a few years ago I was working on a design project with a Japanese company. Our new design had to be compatible with an existing project and they'd provided a translation of all their spec documents. During the project there was one area where meeting the spec seemed very difficult to achieve - spec basically said that in certain circumstances part of the state was preserved ... when from an implementation point of view this seemed very difficult as by the time you knew you were in this situtation the state was already changed. During a long discussion of this an engineer from the Japanese company suddenly got up and said "wait while I go and check the original spec" and came back a bit later to announce "they missed out the word 'not' before 'preserved' in the translation"!

Guest feelmychi
Not just software ... a few years ago I was working on a design project with a Japanese company. Our new design had to be compatible with an existing project and they'd provided a translation of all their spec documents. During the project there was one area where meeting the spec seemed very difficult to achieve - spec basically said that in certain circumstances part of the state was preserved ... when from an implementation point of view this seemed very difficult as by the time you knew you were in this situtation the state was already changed. During a long discussion of this an engineer from the Japanese company suddenly got up and said "wait while I go and check the original spec" and came back a bit later to announce "they missed out the word 'not' before 'preserved' in the translation"!

that's epic XD

feelmychi

Guest gusthy
as a second/third/fourth language?

no, of course:) but they are so young and speak very well so it cannot be so difficult

Guest Gurdjieff
give it a few hours...I'm sure it'll turn up...

they just wanted to change because momentary the first official 2.1 is the switzerland.zip, but in fact, it needs at least 4 hours to download (for me) and maybe not working too.

Guest gyusza
no, of course:) but they are so young and speak very well so it cannot be so difficult

learning a second third etc language is the easiest when your a little kid! it gets harder with time! :(

edit: sorry for offtopic :(

Edited by gyusza

Guest gusthy
they just wanted to change because momentary the first official 2.1 is the switzerland.zip, but in fact, it needs at least 4 hours to download (for me) and maybe not working too.

but they are not right, thhe switzerland rom is not a pulse rom.

Guest Jan M
but they are not right, thhe switzerland rom is not a pulse rom.

technically, no...but it should work just fine on the pulse.

Guest gusthy
technically, no...but it should work just fine on the pulse.

no, it is false.

they have different hardware.

minor differences but with that rom u cannot use touchscreen.

Guest Jan M
no, it is false.

they have different hardware.

minor differences but with that rom u cannot use touchscreen.

have you tried it? Paul's vanilla roms are based off the 8230 rom...