Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest YusufP

Hmm, anyone noticed that Android Market items do not download.

Trying to download a few things and the progress seems to be stuck at "starting download...".

Anyone else having this problem?

Will update if I can resolve...

Guest prci
Hmm, anyone noticed that Android Market items do not download.

Trying to download a few things and the progress seems to be stuck at "starting download...".

Anyone else having this problem?

Will update if I can resolve...

I had the same problem until I updated with CUSTOMIZED_HU dload :(

Guest MrLowHoe

I know you can change the language to English but any problems with changing the Locale?

Edited by MrLowHoe

Guest YusufP

Cool, a reboot fixed that I don't know why, but I kinda am trying to hold off updating the second file, unless I really have to.

One thing that is kinda annoying is the fact that the available memory is only 40 MB

Do you think that in the future, this can all be taken care of with a custom ROM.

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to custom ROM's, but can they be installed now that this update has been installed?

Is it possible or are we stuck with this ROM now?

Guest YusufP
ok guys, this is getting boring already. Lets start asking T-mob and Hua. about the 2.2 upgrade! :())

LOL!

Impossible. I think that is the end of the line Pulse as far as official updates are concerned.

Boring? I don't know, what can we do, it is just a phone lol.

Edited by YusufP

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys a couple of days ago I made a stripped down version of shadows rom, well today I have added those apps to this official rom, currently you do have to be on 2.1 because I have kept libs in the system folder

just install recovery

flash the update

The system folder itself is just 85.1mb

Heres the link

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...vanilla-rom-v5/

Guest ogiogi
How many phonecalls did you make during that time?

4 phone calls, gps, wifi, live wallpapers, market, mail, everything :(

Guest _melchett

I've just read the tmobile hungary instructions and it says use the volume up button - my volume up button works 5% of the time, so i doubt i can guarantee it would work first time to enter whatever mode (in theory) it should enter. Is there another way to flash the rom eg custom recovery or in the os upgrade option?

Guest igor_anta
ok guys, this is getting boring already. Lets start asking T-mob and Hua. about the 2.2 upgrade! :())

Hahaha, boring, nooooo, we're waiting for a MCR now :o C'mon Paul we're ready :( Cheers!

Guest igor_anta
I've just read the tmobile hungary instructions and it says use the volume up button - my volume up button works 5% of the time, so i doubt i can guarantee it would work first time to enter whatever mode (in theory) it should enter. Is there another way to flash the rom eg custom recovery or in the os upgrade option?

Well you can just upgrade through the option provided in settings. It's the same thing.

Guest eckengucker1

User quickboot app :(

Guest bounty123

This might be a stupid question, but can I somehow disable the vibration when unlocking the screen? I really don't like and don't need it.

Guest ogiogi
This might be a stupid question, but can I somehow disable the vibration when unlocking the screen? I really don't like and don't need it.

Install beta 2.1 :(.

I don't think you can. Unlock using the menu button :}

Guest Lord_Shaithis

Anyone else have vibrate not working with release rom? :(

I tried erasing boot, system and cache multiple times...tried a ton of different boot.img files (before and after upgrade)....tried the custom 2.1release version as well...always the same, vibrate "no worky" :o ....and yes, it is enabled in the options :(

Well, just noticed, it actually works once from a clean bootup (i.e. the first icon I try to move gives a vibrate) after that it never works again until the next reboot....

EDIT:

Another reload of the 2.1 release (untouched) and vibrate is now working......but now voice input is not...even though it was working great earlier today on another load.....

"voice input component is not installed........."

I really cannot get my head around the randomness of this *cry*

Edited by Lord_Shaithis

Guest -Wii-
Install beta 2.1 :(.

I don't think you can. Unlock using the menu button :}

why anyone would chose to swipe their finger across the screen unnecessary is beyond me. Lets get one thing straight, you have to press a button to get the phone out of standby mode, lets say you press menu, why the hell wouldn't you just press it again.

Unless of course your friend was watching and you are going look at me with my shiny android phone. At which point I am going to have to ask you to leave and go find your Iphone.

Guest bounty123

Yeah true, it doesn't vibrate with the menu button, fortunately. I always used menu for unlock, but this new lock screen was so funky, I just had to swipe it, but that damn thing just kept on vibrating :(

Edited by bounty123

Guest _Bobby

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...at-youre-doing/

Does that mean that downgrading to 1.5 is possible? I've successfully kept my virgin Pulse (december update only) away from rooting and custom roms because of my "frequent buy and sell" nature, thus avoiding irreparable damage or irreversible changes. However, I don't think I could resist the official 2.1 and my question is, despite the official "no back to 1.5" thing, does the BigBear's post says that getting the cupcake back is possible? Is there any other info on that? 40MB for apps sounds scary... Can anyone tell the difference in the battery life?

Thanks

edit: Is the hungarian t-mobile site overloaded? Speed: 15 B/s (5.2 kB of 99.0 MB, 80 days left)

Edited by _Bobby

Guest Lord_Shaithis
http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...at-youre-doing/

Does that mean that downgrading to 1.5 is possible? I've successfully kept my virgin Pulse (december update only) away from rooting and custom roms because of my "frequent buy and sell" nature, thus avoiding irreparable damage or irreversible changes. However, I don't think I could resist the official 2.1 and my question is, despite the official "no back to 1.5" thing, does the BigBear's post says that getting the cupcake back is possible? Is there any other info on that? 40MB for apps sounds scary...

edit: Is the hungarian t-mobile site overloaded? Speed: 15 B/s (5.2 kB of 99.0 MB, 80 days left)

I've had a ton of oddities with my phone ever since trying to get vibrate working on the pre-release 2.1 roms.....

As part of my troubleshooting I did today use that guide to go back to 1.5 stock......the problem was the touchscreen wasn't working any more......I just re-flashed to 2.1 release though and didn't spend any time trying to resolve it, so it may be a simple tweak......or as I suspect, it will probably be fine....every time I flash a ROM I seem to lose data connectivity, touchscreen or vibrate, which doesn't seem to be happening to many (if any others) and makes me think that even when wiping boot, system and cache....or applying certain UPDATA.app files......there is something that is not being updated.....but which was changed in the chinese boot.img I used for the vibrate fix.

So, I'll leave you to decide but I think you'll probably be quite safe in both directions due to being stock currently.