Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hello,

I have twittered T-mobile about 2.2 update, and they say they dont have that info yet

I am also currently having an email argument with a customer service representative about 2.1 being released in the UK. They say its still being tested. I say it has been tested and released and works fine (i'm using it) and so they should just release it.

I will update you if i get anywhere

Aaron

Edit: They just rang me and told me that they dont know when its going to be released in the UK, which in my opinion is really stupid caus they could just release the same files as in hungary so it looks like we are stuck with that for now. Oh well.

Edited by Epic-Emodude

Guest Alsajosora

You only need to flash the customised_HU if your shortcut buttons on the bottom are switched around. I did have to do this on mine but several peeps don't seem to need this.

I can also confirm the stability of this rom, been running it since 8pm (uk time ) and it hasn't rebooted or FC'd once. Battery life seems to be pretty good as well, after a good two hours of heavy internet/market and e-mailing my battery was only down to 87%......

I am also running a G1 with Cyanogens 2.1 rom on it and the battery life is comparable....The Pulse has one advantage with regard to Live wallpapers......They don't disappear when the phone goes to sleep, on my G1 when the phone goes to sleep and wakes back up it goes back to the stock "still" wallpapers and I have to re-apply the live wallpaper.

All in all I am very happy with the performance of 2.1.......Just need Paul to "modacise" this with a2sd and a clearout of useless apps such as roadsync so that we have a bit more than 40mb to play with....

BTW, what would be different in the UK T-mobile update compared with the Hungarian one........Just saying because I really am NOT holding my breath on our gloriously inept telecoms provider pulling their fingers out of their arses anytime soon....

Edited by Alsajosora

Guest Alcarne
Am I right in thinking this ROM is missing Google Navigation? I can't seem to find it? :(

I have navigation and it works. Try through Google maps which needs an update. Don't know if this will help.

My pulse kept freezing until I installed the HU update.

I can't find beebplayer in the marketplace. My browser homepage was set to Hungary after the HU update. Is the market place region specific i.e. can't get bbc application because it thinks i'm outside the UK?

Overall much better though!!!!

Guest igor_anta
Hi Paul,

Any news on MCR 2.1 ?

I am refreshing this page every minute now :(

Wait, just wait. That's the slogan of this community :( I would wait for Paul to come out with a good, worked out MCR so I can stop my trend of flashing a new ROM every 3 or 4 hours :o Cheers!

Guest de_shepherd
BTW, what would be different in the UK T-mobile update compared with the Hungarian one........Just saying because I really am NOT holding my breath on our gloriously inept telecoms provider pulling their fingers out of their arses anytime soon....

From the release notes in the 1.5 versions that Huawei added a few days ago then I think it appeared that all the versions were essentially the same. The differences seemed to be limited to either adding trial versions of software in specific country versions (e.g. I think UK got CoPilot which other countries didn't) or for some special handling of emergency service numbers (I assume for local telecom legal requirements) .... basically I think there were something like 5 versions - 4 for specific countries for reasons above and another which was for use anywhere else.

Guest flash2004
Wait, just wait. That's the slogan of this community :( I would wait for Paul to come out with a good, worked out MCR so I can stop my trend of flashing a new ROM every 3 or 4 hours :( Cheers!

agreed.. I am worried about flashing again and again as well. titanium backup has never worked for me.. and I lose my SMS every time :o

Guest igor_anta
agreed.. I am worried about flashing again and again as well. titanium backup has never worked for me.. and I lose my SMS every time :(

Try MyBackup Pro, works like a charm for me. Cheers.

Installed and setup this new 2.1 ROM.

No force closes yet, and everything seems to work fine but...

It feels so slow compared to the MCR1.7 I was running prior to upgrading.

I usually have plenty of RAM (usually never below 20MB), but it feels so sluggish even when bringing up the app drawer :(

Anybody else noticed?

Guest JohnPorter
Installed and setup this new 2.1 ROM.

No force closes yet, and everything seems to work fine but...

It feels so slow compared to the MCR1.7 I was running prior to upgrading.

I usually have plenty of RAM (usually never below 20MB), but it feels so sluggish even when bringing up the app drawer :(

Anybody else noticed?

Works fine for me, all barring one force close when i was setting my wallpaper....something about the camera. not looked into that yet...but rest i love!

Works fine for me, all barring one force close when i was setting my wallpaper....something about the camera. not looked into that yet...but rest i love!

I got that force close too when setting my wallpaper earlier.

My problem is the speed of the ROM, rather than the stability.

Just rebooted, and it still feels a bit slow. I've checked running tasks etc, and there's nothing out of the ordinary running :/

Guest flip360
I installed ADW launcher....got only FC when rebooting in to ADW launcher ...other then that, it is stable

Did you replaced it or just installed it from the market?

Guest goce.nakov
Did you replaced it or just installed it from the market?

installed via AmonRa....I guess I replaced and I just got freeze phone (needed to pull the battery off so I can restart)

Guest flip360

Amon Ra? just push it and owervrite the T-Mo one? Because the previous versions vere replacable but this one...i cant seem to find it?

Guest goce.nakov
Amon Ra? just push it and owervrite the T-Mo one? Because the previous versions vere replacable but this one...i cant seem to find it?

Flashed via recovery...and yes you can't remove it....I'm just flashing 2.1 ROM again...so guys..don't install AWD on this ROM

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey guys, im confused what build did big bear have cause im comparing it to the one big bear leaked and the files that appear in big bears and the official are the same (minus the files that paul added to make root and a2sd work), so is this build the same as big bears one?

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest tabor56

lol oops,

"Hi Adam, Thanks for following us, we do not have any confirmed Pulse update as yet, as soon as we hear we will communicate via Twitter. Thnx"

"Ok thanks, by the way this sent from my pulse running a hungarian 2.1 upgrade and works great"

"Hi Adam, if you install another firmware it may invalidate your warranty. I will pretend I never seen your last tweet!"

Guest ogiogi
You only need to flash the customised_HU if your shortcut buttons on the bottom are switched around.

OK. The buttons are correctly mapped on my Pulse so i don't need the customised_HU. Thx.

Guest goblin
agreed.. I am worried about flashing again and again as well. titanium backup has never worked for me.. and I lose my SMS every time :(

Try SMS Backup. It backs up your text messages to your Gmail account (labeled SMS). Works like a charm. True, you can't restore them back onto your phone, but you still have a copy of them in your mail account.

Guest thisweb

Is anyone working on a rooted/A2SD or vanilla version at the moment? Paul/Bobo/Shadow - any news on MCR progress guys? :( I'm dying to get this on my phone but can't use without A2SD.

Guest flash2004
Is anyone working on a rooted/A2SD or vanilla version at the moment? Paul/Bobo/Shadow - any news on MCR progress guys? :( I'm dying to get this on my phone but can't use without A2SD.

+1