Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest Zsolabola
+1

+1

Im also waiting for a vanilla version of the official ROM

App2sd is not so important for me but I'd like to get rid of those customized stuff

Maybe online kitchen also

I have to use roadsync for work

so I need it

I love the speed of the official 2.1 ROM, but I'd like to have a vanilla dialer and contact and calendar app

Paul Bobo what can we expect regarding this ?

BTW thanks for everything what you have done so far

Guest zerosignull
+1

Im also waiting for a vanilla version of the official ROM

App2sd is not so important for me but I'd like to get rid of those customized stuff

Maybe online kitchen also

I have to use roadsync for work

so I need it

I love the speed of the official 2.1 ROM, but I'd like to have a vanilla dialer and contact and calendar app

Paul Bobo what can we expect regarding this ?

BTW thanks for everything what you have done so far

Vanilla is about here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...k-root-upgrade/

Guest Trumpeldor

It is my first post

I am a basic user

My pulse is U8230 withn MCR,firmware 15,modaco custom rom 1.7

May I safely upgrade to 2.1with TMOBILE HUNGARY ? touchscreen ?wifi?

If not,which path do you advise ?

I am confused because,you guys work so much and there is such a huge choice of rom

And this issue 8220/82230 confuses me still further

My 8230 comes from Germany

Thanks for your answers and your good job

Guest zerosignull
It is my first post

I am a basic user

My pulse is U8230 withn MCR,firmware 15,modaco custom rom 1.7

May I safely upgrade to 2.1with TMOBILE HUNGARY ? touchscreen ?wifi?

If not,which path do you advise ?

I am confused because,you guys work so much and there is such a huge choice of rom

And this issue 8220/82230 confuses me still further

My 8230 comes from Germany

Thanks for your answers and your good job

Yes you can safely upgrade to the Hung ROM. Everything works in it too. You can then flash one of the post hungarian ROM's too which have more features like pauls new MCR

Guest Simon O
lol oops,

"Hi Adam, Thanks for following us, we do not have any confirmed Pulse update as yet, as soon as we hear we will communicate via Twitter. Thnx"

"Ok thanks, by the way this sent from my pulse running a hungarian 2.1 upgrade and works great"

"Hi Adam, if you install another firmware it may invalidate your warranty. I will pretend I never seen your last tweet!"

T-Mobile UK are idiots.

Guest Trumpeldor
Yes you can safely upgrade to the Hung ROM. Everything works in it too. You can then flash one of the post hungarian ROM's too which have more features like pauls new MCR

Some other questions from a newbie

-According to huawey,upgrade can be done via menu after copying dload file,why not here ? Is it because menu is in Hungarian after upgrade?

-40 mb memory limitations,how many application can be installed ?

-Battery life same,better,worse ?

-is vibrate working ?

Thanks

I am sorry for my basic questions but the pulse is a great piece of technology and I do not want to brick it because of my clumsiness.... :(

Guest Trumpeldor
Some other questions from a newbie

-According to huawey,upgrade can be done via menu after copying dload file,why not here ? Is it because menu is in Hungarian after upgrade?

-40 mb memory limitations,how many application can be installed ?

-Battery life same,better,worse ?

-is vibrate working ?

Thanks

I am sorry for my basic questions but the pulse is a great piece of technology and I do not want to brick it because of my clumsiness.... :(

And is the phone response same quicker or slower ?

Guest goce.nakov
And is the phone response same quicker or slower ?

-You can do it that way

-Depends from the size of app

-Better

-Yes

-Response is quicker

Guest Trumpeldor
-You can do it that way

-Depends from the size of app

-Better

-Yes

-Response is quicker

Thanks to zerosignull and goce.nakov for their support

I just updated with the first hungarian step and It is ok

Google maps only justifies this great update

Everything is ok but did you notice that downloads from market are much slower than with android 1.5 ?

Thanks and long live MODACO :(

Guest Hakula

guys one question... i installed the 2.1 update and now ot says "Update Complete" and "restarting" and its still like that for abaout 10 min now... is that normal ???????? :( :( :o

Guest martinmax
guys one question... i installed the 2.1 update and now ot says "Update Complete" and "restarting" and its still like that for abaout 10 min now... is that normal ???????? :( :( :o

Take off he batery out , and turn it back . It happened to me i resolved on this way

Guest Jankov
the only thing bugging me about this upgrade is that i cant turn off the keyboard sounds, anyone know how to?

Settings >> Language and keyboard >> TouchPal >> (unmark) Key press sound

Guest miali

I've been using Pulse upgraded with this ROM (T-mobile Hungary) and I'm finding that launch times of applications are slow. Also, the live wallpapers don't stay and it reverts back to the default wallpaper. These issues are not significant but I am really disappointed with the functionality of Google Navigation on Pulse. The GPS accuracy is very poor (after locking down) and maybe that's causing navigation to get stuck and become useless. Did anyone try and find navigation on Pulse after update useful. Also, I think I am missing some apps in market that I think should be there (e.g. Pkt Auctions ebay).

PS. I didn't do the Custom_HU step in upgrade.

Guest _Bobby
I've been using Pulse upgraded with this ROM (T-mobile Hungary) and I'm finding that launch times of applications are slow. Also, the live wallpapers don't stay and it reverts back to the default wallpaper. These issues are not significant but I am really disappointed with the functionality of Google Navigation on Pulse. The GPS accuracy is very poor (after locking down) and maybe that's causing navigation to get stuck and become useless. Did anyone try and find navigation on Pulse after update useful. Also, I think I am missing some apps in market that I think should be there (e.g. Pkt Auctions ebay).

PS. I didn't do the Custom_HU step in upgrade.

Skipping the customized_hu may result with some issues. It's different with different phones. Mine didn't get lock screen and had other minor bugs, but everything got fixed after flashing the customized_hu.

Guest tabor56

i have had a couple of lockscreens but nothing major, what does that update actually add? overall i love it, makes my phone much better.

Guest snower

When I sync with the exchange email in the regular mail app and I get errors when I enable noifications in the status bar (The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly). When I disable notifications it all works great. Has anyone has got this issue and found a sollutions for this. Is it possible to see the logfile from the regular mail app?

Thanks in advance!

Guest tux880

android keyboard, how can you turn off prediction? i cant seem to find it anyone hate prediction and TouchPal ?

Edited by tux880