Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest biron_w
Do all your phone contacts and text messages get deleted when updating to 2.1? Not sure if I can be bothered to note them all down to re-add...

If you sync your contacts with google then it will save them on your google account.Then when you install 2.1 just sync again and all your contacts will be on your phone.That's how I did it.

Guest Epic-Emodude

Forgive me if this has already been asked but i'm sure you'll understand why i'm not to keen on look through 35 pages to try and find the answer.

Can this ROM be rooted and if so how?

Thanx

Aaron

Guest Dr Who
Just got news from "Tre" - the swedish company selleing this phone. They are going to release their 2.1 on ther site june 2nd. This might be interestng since it's very close to (if not) vanilla.

I'll post again when I have the actual link.

BUMP! Any news on this release - I checked their site but my Swedish is not so good!

BUMP! Any news on this release - I checked their site but my Swedish is not so good!

I've been in contact with 3 myself, and they've known nothing about the 2.1 update, at one point earlier they even said that it wasn't going to happen.

I've sent ChristianTyler a couple of PMs regarding this matter (he sent me one first), but no answer, I'd like to hear from him to know exactly what the person he spoke with said because we haven't got an update today.

I just hope ChristianTyler didn't trolled me, that would be mean in times like these... D:

Guest fredewis

hiya guys yep is my first post (in any sort of site like this). i have a g1 but hay in a week or 2 pulse will be mine lolol thankx to this site that would be. mmm by the way im a noob with phone terms so apologise for question before hand

when i get a fresh pulse wat do I need to download or add before i add 2.1 so i don't miss anything. also will it invalidate my guarantee?

most say great work

thanks

Guest Ninja_manco

Hello Guys

Just to say that I was folowing this forum for a time to see if I would get the guts to root my phone. I still want to do that in a near future, but this Hungaryan Update was abolutly awesome. Thanks for all the suport and explanations.

My pulse is great with 2.1 from Hungary. At first I got a lot of FC and those switched butons (contacts and menu) but after aplying that other minor update everything came to a pretty perfect state.

I messed up when backing up my contacs and calendar, but dindt lose everything. But some events are now in my phone account and cannot be synced, and the phone updated all my gmail contacs, and its not that good to have 700 contacs on the phone. Ill work around these things.

I noticed that some aplicaitions take longer to load, as the calendar.

And for last, a question, I know we cannont use multi touch in this ROM, but in ohers 2.1 Android ROMS that is posible, right? Why is this disabled in this ROM? Is there another ROM here with multi touch?

Thanks and goodbye.

=D

Guest Theme Ishere

Sorry if that has been asked before, but i was wondering if there is an easy way to add A2SD to the official rom? I tried the WIP Pre-Release but I found that (for me) the battery life is reduced in comparison to the stock rom, and the performance isn't as good as well (also there were several Force Closes all the time). So I am quiet happy with the official one, but all I would like to have is the ability to store apps to the SD card.

Is that possible in an "easy"-ish way?

Cheers!

Guest halfords45
Sorry if that has been asked before, but i was wondering if there is an easy way to add A2SD to the official rom? I tried the WIP Pre-Release but I found that (for me) the battery life is reduced in comparison to the stock rom, and the performance isn't as good as well (also there were several Force Closes all the time). So I am quiet happy with the official one, but all I would like to have is the ability to store apps to the SD card.

Is that possible in an "easy"-ish way?

Cheers!

used the update today and is very good but would love to do the same as above and cant seem to find a answer if there is one. Anyone have the answer? thanks

Guest jcsbanks

Updated mine from the December update to this. Doing the second part of the install fixed the shortcuts. Also got an update email about the Swype beta (official so I hope it is OK to mention it!) and this does install on 2.1 without any resolution complaints like on 1.5. Great to have Swype back.

Got everything working apart from 3G connectivity on Three. I added an APN as previously worked on the December update (it only saved the APN after re-entering shortly after a reset). But only way to received emails is when connected to Wi-Fi, not very useful.

EDIT: turned data roaming on and now it does access the internet with Edge or GPRS. Will see if it will pick up 3G and make sure I don't get roaming charges despite being in the UK!

EDIT2: now have roaming turned off but select network automatically. 3G works, need to see if on this setting is switches to Edge and GPRS.

Edited by jcsbanks

Guest jcsbanks

Need to leave roaming on for it to get data when not in 3G area.

Trouble is when I leave a Wifi zone I get the warning up about allowing usage off wi-fi (stays on for ages) and found in another thread that I need to edit a system file to get rid of it, but I can't do this without rooting and superboot sounds like it crashes 2.1.

Suggestions?

Guest ogiogi
Need to leave roaming on for it to get data when not in 3G area.

Trouble is when I leave a Wifi zone I get the warning up about allowing usage off wi-fi (stays on for ages) and found in another thread that I need to edit a system file to get rid of it, but I can't do this without rooting and superboot sounds like it crashes 2.1.

Suggestions?

Root on original 2.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

download su-2.1-e-signed.zip. Put the zip on SD and flash it in recovery.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest ogiogi
Is secured version okay? I chose unsecured, since the xda guys recommend to use it for non source-compiled ROMs.

What problems may occur if I use unsecured version?

I use the secured version and it works fine. If the unsecured V works for you then i guess both are OK to install on the original 2.1.

Guest jcsbanks
Root on original 2.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

download su-2.1-e-signed.zip. Put the zip on SD and flash it in recovery.

Thanks, so I turn on the power with the vol up and end buttons held or do I need to install some recovery mode?

I haven't put the zip on the SD card yet, but having erased the dload folders from the SD that I used before if I turn on the power with the vol up and end buttons held I get "update failed" and have to remove the battery. I get no option to browse for a zip file, will it just find and use a zip file in the base directory of the SD card?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

Guest ogiogi
Thanks, so I turn on the power with the vol up and end buttons held or do I need to install some recovery mode?

I haven't put the zip on the SD card yet, but having erased the dload folders from the SD that I used before if I turn on the power with the vol up and end buttons held I get "update failed" and have to remove the battery. I get no option to browse for a zip file, will it just find and use a zip file in the base directory of the SD card?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

Install this first

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Then press red key + menu and turn on the phone. Next choose flash zip from sd card. Select the zip from XDA and you're done . Reboot and check for the superuser icon in apps.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest jcsbanks
Install this first

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Then press red key + menu and turn on the phone. Next choose flash zip from sd card. Select the zip from XDA and you're done . Reboot and check for the superuser icon in apps.

Thanks again.

In the thread below (although the title is about superboot) someone tried to put recovery on their 2.1 and it didn't work?

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...1-pulse-update/

Guest mspavan052
Before i used 2.1 Vanilla r8.... DO i need to go back to 1.5 first?

With latest Huawei Android version 2.1 not able to download the applications from market using GPRS but with the previous versions it was working fine.

any solution for this problem? This a major bug i feel.

Guest oOBENJYOo
Did you install the CUSTOMIZED_HU? It fixes a lot of problems, diffrent on each phone.

Sorry for late reply mate been working...but no I did nt install the HU...I think I will try it anyways now that you put the suggestion forward...thanks matey...errr dont suppose you have a lazyman link to how to install HU do ya..hehe, I will have a site sniff and see if I can dig it up...thanks again, if it changes anything I will report back :)

EDIT: Yes sir indeed you was correct with the information you kindly shared... it works a treat all icons are associating correctly...you are a gentleman thank you...anyone else whom did not install the customised HU it may help.. I deleted my dload folder off sim and transferred the dload/hu folder across and updated from settings...

Warning !! This deletes contacts and wifi settings and you have to re sign in with google account...so dont forget to backup stuff...I use contact2Sim from market its free..

Edited by oOBENJYOo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fredewis

hi i am a noob at anything regarding software i just got a t mobile pulse I don't know what i got to do

it would be great if anyone could tell me what to do and what upgrades i need .is on 1.5

i am wondering is 2.1 better how many apps can i install on it how good is it compare to 1.5 and how can i root it like i said iam a noob so patience will be something needed when explaining something to me thanks . and sorry for any noob talk .

Guest Azurren
hi i am a noob at anything regarding software i just got a t mobile pulse I don't know what i got to do

it would be great if anyone could tell me what to do and what upgrades i need .is on 1.5

i am wondering is 2.1 better how many apps can i install on it how good is it compare to 1.5 and how can i root it like i said iam a noob so patience will be something needed when explaining something to me thanks . and sorry for any noob talk .

Take a look at this guide:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-owners-guide/

You get less app space (Half?) and it is prone to freezes, text don't always send on time etc.

But I doubt you will find many people who would rarther be on 1.5 ;)