MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cyril333

Idem. Freezed on X with bottm padlock.

EDIT : The first time I flashed my phone with r17, it worked. But after flashing some other ROM from the kitchen, I get this freeze on X boot screen. I didn't keep the first ROM I flashed and which was functionnal.

Cyril.

PS : Thank you for your work, Paul.

Edited by cyril333

Guest C0rpi

First boot time (at the X Logo) is very long, but after it works all.

Nice jop.

Testet: Market(faster), Browser(faster), Trackballalert(fixed), and yes... the rest also does waht it does.

Guest harolds5

My guess:

the current kitchen is the same as the test kitchen Paul is working on for the Desire (see his ROM in the development forum for Desire). Prior to Froyo Paul combined the kitchens (Desire & N1) into one, and this may be the problem.

Edited by harolds5

Guest cyril333
First boot time (at the X Logo) is very long, but after it works all.

How long ? 3 minutes ? 3 hours ? ;)

Because after 5 minutes, I'm still stuck on X boot screen

Guest iceman3co
Started with a fresh wipe and installed from kitchen.

On reboot I got the icon with the arrow coming out of the box and pointing to android logo, then it goes to recovery.

Reboot again and it's sitting at the N1 logo with lock.

logcat shows this:

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

E/logwrapper( 58): executing /system/xbin/busybox failed: Permission denied

I/logwrapper( 53): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(255)

Same thing happening to me. have tried reflashing without radio image. wiping to factory and devlac. still nothing. did you solve this problem?

Guest SophiaB
How long ? 3 minutes ? 3 hours ? ;)

Because after 5 minutes, I'm still stuck on X boot screen

Took me about 15 minutes the first time. In fact I removed the battery about 3 times in panic, wiped, reflashed, until I decided to just let it sit. It finally went ahead, and booting has been at normal speed since then.

Guest stevenz
Cant Froyo support the Desire Camera App???

Would it be possible to implement the Desire Camera App in the Kitchen with the Froyo Builts please???

As has been mentioned a number of times, the FroYo source code is required to get the Desire camera to work. That won't be available until probably around the same time that the official release of FroYo is out. If you need the Desire camera, then stick to 2.1.

Guest bulldog82
Took me about 15 minutes the first time. In fact I removed the battery about 3 times in panic, wiped, reflashed, until I decided to just let it sit. It finally went ahead, and booting has been at normal speed since then.

I dunno why so many users has problem instlling the new rom. I have been switching roms to n for Paul's Modaco, Desire and Cynagen etc - in all cases I never have any issue. I ALWAYS wipe clean : Data, cache, Dalvik cache, ext SD EVERYTIME before I flash the new zip. In all the roms I have tested and tried it never take more than 10 minutes. This R17 release it took only about 8 minutes to fully boot. As my earler rom was on ext 4 SD, I have to repartition my SD card first, set up SD to ext3 before flashing

Guest gcgspain

Updated without wipe from the first MCR Froyo release and lost quite a few apps. I had to nandroid back. I think I will stick to it until official froyo is released and then do a proper wipe and flash.

Guest cyril333

Ok, I'm not stuck on X boot screen anymore. Good ;)

But now, I am having a network issue with the built-in news and weather app. I always get a "network error" message.

Somebody else gets the same error ?

Guest Mantisen
Ok, I'm not stuck on X boot screen anymore. Good ;)

But now, I am having a network issue with the built-in news and weather app. I always get a "network error" message.

Somebody else gets the same error ?

Yeah, I get that as well if I set the locale to a custom one (sv SE) for me. Works fine if I keep the locale at en UK :( Must be some kind of error with the custom locales. Worked fine with "stock" 2.2 though.

On a side note: My unlock sound doesn't work :/

Edited by Mantisen

Y do u ignore us Legend users paul .. just looking for a reason is all. would appreciate a 2.03 root plz

If I had one ready, i'd share it. Don't hijack topics.

P

re: News & Weather widget, I pushed an unaltered 2.1 apk to my Galaxy and ran it and it errors too... so quite possibly a back end issue.

P

Guest flintpez
re: News & Weather widget, I pushed an unaltered 2.1 apk to my Galaxy and ran it and it errors too... so quite possibly a back end issue.

P

I think that is the issue. I noticed this morning that my widget hadn't updated since last night. I did a manual refresh and it still didn't load new stories. An hour later the widget had the "unable to connect" error.

Guest bakano

P

i wish i knew code like you so i could help! =D

...maybe one day =)