MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Prebakes up in the morning everyone... i'm also going to roll some kitchen updates that automatically do useful things to reduce load when the server gets hammered (like 1500 people all trying to download r18 custom bakes at once!)

P

Guest master_beta

I baked and flashed r18 with the latest Amon_RA recovery. It went smoothly with zero issues and everything's working great.

Thanks for your hard work Paul!

Guest Chris X Nexus
per Post #448:

"Follow Paul's post above, you need to use the ClockworkMod recovery via ROM Manager for these r18 bakes until he gets to signing issues resolved. I saw this too, then did ClockworkMod recovery method, and it upgraded. I did not have to rebake the ROM."

Please read through the thread if you are having problems before posting questions!

i can flash the ROM now, thanks

but cant boot up, I baked with A2SD+..... ;)

now trying with A2SD...

Guest franmachava

I baked an flased r18 and it works good, thanks Paul for your work, but i have a question, Can't work a2sd or a2sd+ with ext4 particion on sd? Thanks.

Guest Kruzkal
I baked an flased r18 and it works good, thanks Paul for your work, but i have a question, Can't work a2sd or a2sd+ with ext4 particion on sd? Thanks.

Same. I backed up my SD and ext then repartitioned to ext3 and it worked.

Guest rob61280
So can I update from the rooted stock FRF50 to MCRr18 w/o wipe?

Yes you should be fine to do this, wipe your cache if you have any trouble. And do a nanroid backup of your current setup just incase

There's is nothing wrong with the battery life on mine. Try to let it run out of power then charge to 100 %, reboot to recovery, clear battery stats and see it that helps.

well s***, that did it! nearly 7 hours since I unplugged, some phonecalls, some texting, some browsing, some google map-ing, and I'm down to 71%.

Thinking about it, I might have done a wipe of battery stats before I flashed Desire port r22.1, cuz before that my battery ilfe was also s*** on the Desire ROM (yet amazing on MCR/Cyanogen).

I guess it needs to be wiped once in a while, or when changing type of ROM, or just when battery life goes bad lol. Thanks a lot maedox! Now I'm confident in upgrading to FRF72 ;)

sns

Any ideas how to get MMS working on finnish Saunalahti network. MMS show on messaging app but don´t download and could not send any MMS. Thanks for help.

Guest liorry
Any ideas how to get MMS working on finnish Saunalahti network. MMS show on messaging app but don´t download and could not send any MMS. Thanks for help.

Call your provider and tell them to switch MMS messages back to the phone instead to the server... that sometimes happens.

Guest turdburgler

After some preliminary testing (all data, no voice yet) this is much more zippy than the r16. I'm not quite sure what it is. Zippy is the word though.

Guest aiewolf

Hi Paul,

Thanks for another great rom.

Just a couple of things. I couldn't get ext4 to work with apps2sd or +.

The other thing is you said its fully deoxed but everytime i try to apply a theme via metamorph it hangs when trying to do framework changes on services.jar. Requires a nandroid restore.

It doesn't appear to be a problem with the rom as over at xda RoDrIgUeZsTyLe has a themed rom based on your mcr r18. So is the problem applying the themes via metamorph or the themes?