MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS
Same here mine only works with 2.1 build.prop. its a right pain!

Has ot been confirmed if this is the final release for ota? Or just another test/rc build? Frf83 that is!

do you use Titanium Backup or something else?

Now I did the following:

Wiped everything and install it new.

Then I take the steps at first with the settings.

Then I left my phone on the Table for a while and did nothing. no Titanium Backup etc.(Only WiFi Settings, that Synching goes faster over WiFi)

When I looked after half an hour, I found every App installed on my phone. It should be synched with google, I did nothing.

Now a Tour to the Market and: Voila, everything is fine WITHOUT the 2.1 build.prop

Then I used titanium to get my settings/data in the Apps back again.

Try it.

Guest qvert
Camcorder still crashes, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I had a Hero before and when I flashed it, it forgot my network apn settings. How does my desire find 3G after flash? Are they stored on ROM on the phone or something ?

my camcorder is working

just recorded a 15 seconds video

Guest Chicaned
my camcorder is working

just recorded a 15 seconds video

Camcorder working here too! In fact everything is working here flawlessly so far.

Great ROM!

Guest sinkingfish
Camcorder working here too! In fact everything is working here flawlessly so far.

Great ROM!

Why would it not be working for me then ?

What did you wipe before flash ? Did you clear any caches ?

Guest joners
do you use Titanium Backup or something else?

Now I did the following:

Wiped everything and install it new.

Then I take the steps at first with the settings.

Then I left my phone on the Table for a while and did nothing. no Titanium Backup etc.(Only WiFi Settings, that Synching goes faster over WiFi)

When I looked after half an hour, I found every App installed on my phone. It should be synched with google, I did nothing.

Now a Tour to the Market and: Voila, everything is fine WITHOUT the 2.1 build.prop

Then I used titanium to get my settings/data in the Apps back again.

Try it.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, could just be that I'm not leaving it for long enough. Done a couple of full wipes, however not using titanium as no busybox install. I'm curremtly on a rooted base frf50 with the 2.1 build prop.

Think ill do a full wipe and leave ot to sync up and see how it goes: ) thanks for your help.

Jon

Guest sinkingfish
Why would it not be working for me then ?

What did you wipe before flash ? Did you clear any caches ?

Oops, my bad. I thought I was posting in the Desire thread ;)

Guest Deathwish238

Do you all use Titanium Backup to restore All Apps + System Data each time you flash a new ROM? I'm always worried about running into issues with the system data.

Is it best to perform a restore before logging into your Google account or after?

Also, some apps(like AndWobble) don't restore properly...is there a way to get it to do so? Such as restoring things in a specific way?

Guest Pinko_Commie
Do you all use Titanium Backup to restore All Apps + System Data each time you flash a new ROM? I'm always worried about running into issues with the system data.

Is it best to perform a restore before logging into your Google account or after?

Also, some apps(like AndWobble) don't restore properly...is there a way to get it to do so? Such as restoring things in a specific way?

As far as I can tell, Titanium only restores settings to exactly the same version of app (even system apps).

For instance when I was bouncing between stock, Pauls Desire Rom, and Cyanogen, I would get multiple backups for certain things like contact settings and such, all listed with the exact versions for each ROM and they would only restore to the ROM they were meant for.

WiFi AP's always seemed to re-install across all roms.

If I ever wiped all I did was a batch restore all and it only restores the applicable stuff.

Guest joners
I am on r19 and the market is really really slow....is there a fix for that

same here, very slow market. No paid apps as well. Applications restore ok though.

also found that launcher pro beta crashes if you open the app draw and try to scroll down quickly.

;)

Guest dipeshb
same here, very slow market. No paid apps as well. Applications restore ok though.

also found that launcher pro beta crashes if you open the app draw and try to scroll down quickly.

;)

I have had this problem and was able to fix it by replacing the vending_preferences.xml file within /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs/

rename the original file to vending_preferences.OLD and push my file there.

I cant remember where I got it from,, but will update with the url when i find it.. Anyway, make sure the Market app is dead (Taskkill it) replace the file.. No need for a reboot, it should start working straight away.. Worked for me, dont know if it would have been fine anyway, but my market is speedy now..

I take no responsibility for screw ups etc.. But you cant really bugger up anything by trying it out.. Original link from xda to follow.. Oh yes, remove the txt extension before you up load it to your phone..

I used Root explorer to place it in the folder, nice and easy

vending_preferences.xml.txt

Edited by dipeshb

Guest joners
I have had this problem and was able to fix it by replacing the vending_preferences.xml file within /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs/

rename the original file to vending_preferences.OLD and push my file there.

I cant remember where I got it from,, but will update with the url when i find it.. Anyway, make sure the Market app is dead (Taskkill it) replace the file.. No need for a reboot, it should start working straight away.. Worked for me, dont know if it would have been fine anyway, but my market is speedy now..

I take no responsibility for screw ups etc.. But you cant really bugger up anything by trying it out.. Original link from xda to follow.. Oh yes, remove the txt extension before you up load it to your phone..

I used Root explorer to place it in the folder, nice and easy

Thanks for the info however....

I did a full wipe and flash with the mcr19 an hour or so ago, and still no paid apps and very slow market. Had to run off and do some other bits. Now ive come back to find that i now have paid apps available and also the market runs much quicker?!

Looks like it could be an issue updating my phone details on googles servers? Just a thought!

Thanks for everyones help though. ;)

Guest Formel-LMS

This ROM doesn't need any patches for Market. And no 2.1 build.prop.

Just waiting, google did it.

EDIT//

Sorry, I don't want bother anyone.

It is so: I've tried everything, because I had much problems with market since first FroYo Version. Patching with the xml file and patching another bit in build.prop does it fine for me.

But with this ROM, I've tried everything. Nothing went. Now I've wiped my phone again and make the first step before the other. without biuld.prop from 2.1 or patching my xml file.

I went trough the settings, go to the market and accept the license, make a titanium backup from my WiFi Settings and let my phone synchronize about an half of an hour.

Coming back and EVERYTHING is fine.

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest thedonut

Original link from xda to follow..

There were a few XDA threads on this. This is one of them:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-689133.html

It has always worked for me, but the first time the market loads after this may take a bit of time... after that, nice and fast.

Guest d0lph1nk1ng

i have FRF50 with cyan's quick rooter (i think diff boot.img and superuser.apk). can i just apply an update or do i need to wipe anything to use this?

Guest nissel

r19 working great for me, except the htc sense live wallpaper which will not work. Included is the logcat, seems to be missing the library mode10_wallpapers whatever that is :-D

I/ActivityManager(  409): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.android.wallpaper.livepicker/.LiveWallpaperPreview (has extras) }

I/ActivityManager(  409): Start proc com.htc.android.wallpaper for service com.htc.android.wallpaper/.bokeh.BokehWallpaper: pid=2996 uid=10034 gids={}

D/libEGL  ( 2996): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL  ( 2996): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

D/libEGL  ( 2996): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

D/libEGL  ( 2996): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

I/Renderer info( 2996): EGL vendor: Android

I/Renderer info( 2996): EGL version: 1.4 Android META-EGL

I/Renderer info( 2996): EGL client APIs: OpenGL ES

I/Renderer info( 2996): EGL extensions: EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle EGL_ANDROID_get_render_buffer 

I/Renderer info( 2996): Renderer|ES vendor: Qualcomm

I/Renderer info( 2996): OpenGL|ES renderer: Adreno

I/Renderer info( 2996): OpenGL|ES version: OpenGL ES 2.0 1044053

I/Renderer info( 2996): OpenGL|ES extensions: GL_AMD_compressed_3DC_texture GL_AMD_compressed_ATC_texture GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_program_binary_Z400 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_fragment_precision_high GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_3D GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_vertex_type_10_10_10_2 GL_NV_fence GL_QCOM_driver_control GL_QCOM_perfmon_global_mode GL_QCOM_extended_get GL_QCOM_extended_get2 GL_QCOM_tiled_rendering GL_QCOM_writeonly_rendering GL_QCOM_memory_monitor 

W/dalvikvm( 2996): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown during Lcom/htc/android/wallpaper/bokeh/Bokeh;.<clinit>

W/dalvikvm( 2996): threadid=8: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d7f0)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): FATAL EXCEPTION: Renderer render thread

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at com.htc.android.wallpaper.bokeh.BokehWallpaper$GLEngine.preRender(BokehWallpaper.java:207)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at com.htc.android.wallpaper.bokeh.BokehWallpaper$GLEngine.onRenderFrame(BokehWallpaper.java:195)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at com.htc.android.wallpaper.Renderer.renderFrame(Renderer.java:344)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at com.htc.android.wallpaper.Renderer.access$700(Renderer.java:40)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at com.htc.android.wallpaper.Renderer$RenderHandler.handleMessage(Renderer.java:408)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library mode10_wallpapers not found

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:461)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:557)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	at com.htc.android.wallpaper.bokeh.Bokeh.<clinit>(Bokeh.java:27)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2996): 	... 8 more

I/ActivityManager(  409): Displayed activity com.android.wallpaper.livepicker/.LiveWallpaperPreview: 487 ms (total 487 ms)

Guest jason.hamilton

I just recently installed the MoDaCo rom and im loving it. Nice upgrade from stock FRF72. Back when i was using 2.1 i was able to get a battery percentage to appear on the battery. What is the easiest way to do this without getting an app that will drain the battery?

Guest raptor402

Hey

I'm having a bit of a problem here. I have the r19 rom installed. On the market the google earth app and a few other apps are missing. This problem was there before, when I was running FRF50. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Guest sovereignty68
i got stuck in a boot loop. I tried to boot the rom as is w/o flashing from r18. has anyone encounted this?

Yep, stuck in boot loop here too, trying to flash from CM 5.0.8. I guess it was A2SD causing the problem.

Edited by sovereignty68

Guest jason.hamilton

Made a boo boo. I uninstalled my browser pro app and appearantly my adw .8 install didnt work so now i have no home screen and im just looking at a blank wall. I need to flash a good version of a home browser from the recovery mode. Any ideas on where i can download the .zip file for either a good adw browser pro (think thats what it is called)

Guest Contivity

I found that the dropbear binary actually exists (when checking through adb shell) even using prebake. Any guide on how to make it a startup? I tried modifying init.rc file, but it doesn't work.

Here's what I added to the bottom of init.rc:

service sshd /system/bin/sh /system/bin/startdrop.sh
oneshot[/codebox]

Here's what startdrop.sh contains:

[codebox]/system/xbin/dropbear -E -A -N root -U 0 -G 0 -C passw0rd -p 2345

After a reboot the init.rc removes the line I added. I added by remounting the rootfs with rw permission then modify it using vi.

Any help is appreciated. General input on how to add apps into the auto start would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Contivity