MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest imfloflo

Hi Paul,

i have some problem to generate the rom with the lastest chrome dev version 6.0.447.0, nothing happen when i 'bake'.

All is good with lastest Firefox.

Thanks for your good work and speed.

F.

Guest mamoulian

Yup just flashed from R19 to R20 and it seems fine.

I did wipe cache and dalvik-cache from recovery before flashing, just to make sure.

I noticed that after first boot on r20 the phone free space had gone down from around 20mb to 6.22mb, so I was getting the 'running out of space' notification. Rebooted again and it's now showing 23.44mb free.

Is there some cleanup it's forgetting to do on first boot, or is rebooting again suggested practise?

Didn't go for the 'max market compatibility' kitchen option this time, hoping Google have opened it up now that 2.2 is official. Raging Thunder 2 (protected/purchased) AND Flash Player Beta 3 are both showing up in the Market, so I think that's OK now.

Annoyingly Swype (installed on phone, not SD) seems to have unregistered itself - that's a reinstall away though.

Cheers again Paul!

Guest stepinmyworld

make it easier on Paul.... Use Titanium back-up to backup all of your apps and data... download the rom or bake what you want and add to the SD Card... wipe everything.. data.. cache.. dalvik.. rotating..battery... sd ext.. just wipe it all and flash the new update. It may be annoying to add your apps and stuff back but it's best to avoid problems. Mine is working fine.. always have... never ran into problems because i don't flash over top of an old update..

also u may want to do a nandroid backup if you don't have any other ROM on your SD card to use incase of a crash.

Guest Cyberdelia
make it easier on Paul.... Use Titanium back-up to backup all of your apps and data... download the rom or bake what you want and add to the SD Card... wipe everything.. data.. cache.. dalvik.. rotating..battery... sd ext.. just wipe it all and flash the new update. It may be annoying to add your apps and stuff back but it's best to avoid problems. Mine is working fine.. always have... never ran into problems because i don't flash over top of an old update..

Titanium NEVER restores the DATA, even when the backup was Apps+user data.. so, I have to install everything and configure again. So, is it worth it make a wipe of everything or r20 can be installed over the r19, without lack of performance?

Guest Cyberdelia
Excellent. Flashed over my own FRF83 rom, wiped caches but not data. Installed flawlessly. Great job!

Wipe cache doesn't loose the installed apps?

Titanium NEVER restores the DATA, even when the backup was Apps+user data.. so, I have to install everything and configure again. So, is it worth it make a wipe of everything or r20 can be installed over the r19, without lack of performance?

My titanium always restores data, when I ask it to do it. Whenever I restore an app I always have the choice "app only" or "app + data"

Besides, with Froyo now, I believe the data is backed up on your Google account!

sns

Guest millerliteguy

Finally got it working, but for some reason the compass app and finance app were missing..And also it didn't reinstall 4 of my apps..

Guest ChriVDD

I'am coming from r22-nexusone-desire-modaco, afther that i installed update-nexusone-FRF50-signed. Can I instaal this rom over the last one (update-nexusone-FRF50-signed) ?

Guest mbaroukh

Thanks a lot, it works very nice !

I was previously on FRF50 and some paied apps disappeared (Document To Go Key, SlideIt, ...).

Now, on your FRF83, they are back !

I don't know if it is Google who disabled some apps on Beta versions ...

Mike

I'am coming from r22-nexusone-desire-modaco, afther that i installed update-nexusone-FRF50-signed. Can I instaal this rom over the last one (update-nexusone-FRF50-signed) ?

That might well break. :lol:

P

Guest HomerPSimpson

I have explained how to get Titanium Backup working perfectly for FroYo in a different thread in this forum.

Titanium Backup explained! FroYo all Builds.