MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ChrisSpera
I downloaded and installed "r21 with default MoDaCo additions -" on my nexus 1. Is this suppose to have the HTC Desire interface? If so how do I enable it?

Thanks

No. This is the stock interface ROM. if you want the Desire interface, then you need to see this thread, or this thread.

PLEASE make sure you read the first couple of posts completely, as its going to tell you want the current issues are (what works and what doesn't).

Hope that helps!

Guest pwnvds
I don't know if its anything to do with the rom, but my speed tests have been very slow ever since I flashed this rom.

Before flashing to this rom: 3200/1320 average

After flashing to this rom: 2500/350 average....

I'm using the latest radio and everything. Maybe it's just the network around my area?

Assuming you are talking about 3G / HSDPA, I went back to the original Froyo radio image and I think I have a better signal now...that is, the one that is packed with Modaco's custom ROM - 32.36....12_7. I had tried two newer radio images (32.41 and 32.42). Otherwise, I have no idea. I am still trying to figure out why my wifi signal is weaker on every wifi network than it was before I went to frf91.

Guest bobchadwick

I'm having issues with Google Goggles and Google My Maps Editor. Goggles FCs and My Maps Editor opens for a second, then closes. I've tried clearing the data and cache for each of them with no luck. Is anyone else having issues with either of them?

Guest PTzero
I'm having issues with Google Goggles and Google My Maps Editor. Goggles FCs and My Maps Editor opens for a second, then closes. I've tried clearing the data and cache for each of them with no luck. Is anyone else having issues with either of them?

My Maps Editor doesn't work on Android 2.2 at all. It's not related to MCR21. Google Goggles works fine for me.

Guest masterpfa

Hi apologies if this has been answered before, I have Flashed r21 which has installed FRF91 to my Nexus however I still get the "Software Update Available to Froyo 2.2" pop up every now and then. I have reflashed r21 (no wipe) any suggestions (hoping it doen't mean wiping :( )

Guest Mojito71
Hi apologies if this has been answered before, I have Flashed r21 which has installed FRF91 to my Nexus however I still get the "Software Update Available to Froyo 2.2" pop up every now and then. I have reflashed r21 (no wipe) any suggestions (hoping it doen't mean wiping :( )

I'm experiencing the same problem. Installed Alpha R23 dev WIP, but it was to unstable. Did a complete wipe, and installed R21, and now I'm got the "Software update available" problem :(

T

Guest bobchadwick
My Maps Editor doesn't work on Android 2.2 at all. It's not related to MCR21. Google Goggles works fine for me.

OK. I did a wipe and reflash and Goggles is working now.

Hi apologies if this has been answered before, I have Flashed r21 which has installed FRF91 to my Nexus however I still get the "Software Update Available to Froyo 2.2" pop up every now and then. I have reflashed r21 (no wipe) any suggestions (hoping it doen't mean wiping :) )

Simply proceed with the upgrade the next time the phone bugs you about it. The phone will then reboot and the update should fail due to your custom recovery. After that, it shouldn't bother you again until Google releases a newer version than FRF91.

HTH,

Lars

Guest rcadden
Simply proceed with the upgrade the next time the phone bugs you about it. The phone will then reboot and the update should fail due to your custom recovery. After that, it shouldn't bother you again until Google releases a newer version than FRF91.

HTH,

Lars

I still get this pop-up notification about once a week. It's not a huge deal, though. Just say yes, let it try, and then reboot. I'm usually at a point where I need to reboot my phone anyways, so it's not a huge deal.

Guest Shuflie
I still get this pop-up notification about once a week. It's not a huge deal, though. Just say yes, let it try, and then reboot. I'm usually at a point where I need to reboot my phone anyways, so it's not a huge deal.

Did you change the market version when cooked your rom? If you leave it at the default FRF91 you shouldn't get this error and the market will work now that FRF91 is offical.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, don't tick the 2.1 build.prop + adobe flash 2.1 beta expert option.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest masterpfa

HTH,

Lars

Thanks Lars I did try that and you are right, it does fail.

No big problem

Guest masterpfa

HTH,

Lars

Thanks Lars I did try that and you are right, it does fail.

No big problem

Guest rcadden
Did you change the market version when cooked your rom? If you leave it at the default FRF91 you shouldn't get this error and the market will work now that FRF91 is offical.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, don't tick the 2.1 build.prop + adobe flash 2.1 beta expert option.

Ah, I think I did check that box. Like I said, it's not a *huge* deal, just mildly annoying.

Guest techlogik

I'm on R21 still. Anybody know how to change the H in the status bar back to 3G?!?!

Can't find how to do this anywhere, but I know a bunch of Rom cookers mention it all the time, but never can get an answer to how easily.

Thanks

Guest KaCeX

Hey guys, just reporting that I had an issue trying to reformat my SD and installing this ROM.

I was stuck on X with the lock for a while.

The problem was that I used a ext4 partition for the apps space and leaving it at ext3, solved it.

I was worried that I had to use a nand backup but the problem was the sd partition.

Saw similar problems in previous pages so I thought I could report on it.

@pjcforpres2020

Nope my sd partitioning is fine, used it on cm. Definitely wiped the sd: ext before flashing this one.

Have the same problem. Cm is working fine, modaco - infinite boot loop. have done all wipes incuding sd:ext

Guest bioert

Is there a way to add another camera app to this custom ROM?, like desire camera or Galaxy S, which had a excelent paroramic option.

Thanks.

Guest cyril333

Hello,

I have trouble editing the framework-res.apk file. I have to decompile it (not unzip) in order to edit an xml file. Here is what I do :

./adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk

./apktool d framework-res.apk framework-res
I edit the xml file with gedit.
./apktool b framework-res framework-res2.apk
Then I resign it with Auto-sign (from Dave Da illest)
./adb push framework-res2.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk

./adb reboot

And my phone stuck on bootloading animation.

NB : even without modifying the xml file (= just decompile/recompile.resign the framework-res.apk), I get the same problem.

Can somebody tell me if I made something wrong, please ?

Edited by cyril333

Have the same problem. Cm is working fine, modaco - infinite boot loop. have done all wipes incuding sd:ext

Found that it stuck not depending on a2sd. Baked almost empty rom without any of a2sd and it loops as well ( Cyanogen is still working. Please help