2.1 for U8230

Guest angryland

Guest Hectic
One question... (yes.. i'm a lil stumped now.. eheheh)... will this work on the TMN A1? Also.. what languages does this have? (i don't know if language packs are flashed by this or not)

i do not recommend it. The updater freezes at mine device.

Guest Simon O
Instead you could repackage it up as an update.zip ROM, like Paul does.

But you need to take care to preserve the file userIDs and groupIDs so it's best to unyaffs it as superuser. And you also need to delete all of the symbolic links and recreate them in the update-script. There is a tool in the Android AOSP called make-update-script which can help with that to some extent.

Edit: However, there is a small problem: the partition layout is different for Android 2.1.

Currently we have a system partition of 80MB. If you were to install this updata.app it would resize that system partition to be something like 125MB. But we can't make that modification in an update.zip ROM. So our update.zip ROM would have to squeeze everything within 80MB (although we could use symbolic links to move some stuff to the data partition, like the Paul/Bobo Android 2.1 ROM).

That's what I did. I'm on a train now I'll look into fixing WiFi later tonight. Unless the official update is out.

Guest bindi

Ummm you wait for months and then two come along :(

Anyway which ROM we should upgrade to Swiss or Hungarian? I am on Tmobile UK Pulse.

That's what I did. I'm on a train now I'll look into fixing WiFi later tonight. Unless the official update is out.

How do you do this? Fastboot won't accept the system.img due to the size.

Guest Tom G
Bizarre. I wonder if those modules in the data_test folder are required too.

So it wasn't the missing iso stopping it booting, the iso was just filling dmesg with message below.

[4, events/0] [   21.050589] lxy: store_file_again_func, number=19

[4, events/0] [   21.050626] lxy: store_file, buf=/data/cdrom/autorun.iso, count=23

[4, events/0] [   21.050699]  lun0: unable to open backing file: /data/cdrom/autorun.iso

[4, events/0] [   21.050724] lxy: store_file_again_func (fail), ret_val=-2, retry later.

I don't think it actually does anything with the iso, so an empty file would probably fix the message.

The loop stopping it booting is mediaserver dying, so it looks like the boot image from this new UPDATA will not work with the system image from the leaked rom without some modification. I'll play with customising the system image and see how I go.

Guest skrattinn
U8230.zip will be ready soon

Cool Hectic :( I cant wait (also im going to summerhouse, and it would be nice, to have it) :(

Guest UrbanRider
Cool Hectic :( I cant wait (also im going to summerhouse, and it would be nice, to have it) :(

What change are being done?

Is it to run on U8220?

Guest skrattinn
What change are being done?

Is it to run on U8220?

People with pulse, are having problem with the screen to use this firmware

Guest hungary
People with pulse, are having problem with the screen to use this firmware

We need Paul! He made the 1.7 MCR from U8230 rom and its working with U8220 :(

Guest UrbanRider

So that means that U8230 users dont have any problem runnig this original from the site?

Edited by UrbanRider

Guest skrattinn
So that means that U8230 users dont have any problem runnig this original from the site?

I got into setup from this(i have u8230), and touch screen works nice :( Now just wait from Hectic, his update :(

Guest Ramapitecus
Hectic will add root to the Switzerland rom?

(i'm a bit confused)

Is it possible to choose the language in this rom?

Guest Tom G

So i've got it booted on my Pulse :(

The screen works fine, but space is a problem...

/dev: 53808K total, 12K used, 53796K available (block size 4096)

/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)

/system: 87040K total, 82704K used, 4336K available (block size 4096)

/data: 107776K total, 97184K used, 10592K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 20480K total, 1164K used, 19316K available (block size 4096)

/sdcard: 1479512K total, 1378508K used, 101004K available (block size 4096)

and I already removed apps to make it fit.

I will do a bit of testing and upload a rooted rom, but it might not be until tomorrow (its just past midnight here).

Guest edwarddu

I tried to write the system.img into my u8220,but the superboot said that the size was too large. What can I do to write this rom into my u8220?

Guest Richard_Arkless
I tried to write the system.img into my u8220,but the superboot said that the size was too large. What can I do to write this rom into my u8220?

You will most likely have to move lib to the data partition like what paul had done

Guest Tom G

All good so far.

It does get one error when it boots about keyboard, but that should be fixable. There are a few more apps that could be removed to free up space but I still don't think it will be enough long term. Maybe we can move dalvik-cache to sdcard.

The only thing I have found so far that doesn't work is vibrate (I haven't done the fix that was identified for the leaked rom).

I will start uploading my rom in minute, but the link won't be up until I wake up tomorrow (it is now past 1AM here). Its rooted and includes busybox plus a few other things, but no a2sd yet.

post-651053-1275059522_thumb.jpg

post-651053-1275059534_thumb.jpg

post-651053-1275059548_thumb.jpg

post-651053-1275059560_thumb.jpg