Damaged SD Card

Guest Scott Ricketts

Guest Scott Ricketts

My battery ran out last night, and when I recharged, the SD Card reported as damaged, putting it in a card reader confirmed this.

I formatted the card, remounted it, and redumped my mp3's to it. To be safe, I ejected the drive from windows and then unmounted it, when Android go to look at the card again, it comes up as damaged.

If I copy anything to the card and then unmount it, Android sees it as damaged.

This is brand new behavior, never had an issue on this before.

Guest Batkoto
My battery ran out last night, and when I recharged, the SD Card reported as damaged, putting it in a card reader confirmed this.

I formatted the card, remounted it, and redumped my mp3's to it. To be safe, I ejected the drive from windows and then unmounted it, when Android go to look at the card again, it comes up as damaged.

If I copy anything to the card and then unmount it, Android sees it as damaged.

This is brand new behavior, never had an issue on this before.

And you are running r22 right?

I had the same problem, then I switch to 2.2

Guest RiotRick

I had the same thing happen today. Pulled out the usb cable while it was copying files. The sd card showed up as damaged in android. I put in my cardreader and let windows run a chkdsk. This fixed it, card is usable again without formatting.

Guest Scott Ricketts

Finally, only way I could get it to work right was to let Windows format it. Thank God I'd uploaded all my pics.