Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest zerosignull

Repacked HW RMB 2.1 ROM

==================

Repack of the HW RBM/Switz rom.

Aps2Ad is provided by Darktremor : A2SD version 2.7 Update 1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670087). The whole package has been merged into this rom so you can control what it does from ADB :(. The script for this aps2sd also checks at boot for damaged partitions and fix's as required.

If you do not want to use aps2sd dont partition your sd card! The aps2sdscript only activates itself if it sees one a second partition. if you want to try aps2sd just partition your sd card with an ext2 partition and the script will take care of the rest. The script however cannot go backwards IE from aps2sd -> non-aps2d

Partition sd-card in recovery. set swap to 0

First boot takes about 5 min. be patient!

post-51011-1275151230_thumb.png post-51011-1275143285_thumb.png

post-51011-1275143307_thumb.png post-51011-1275143303_thumb.png

post-51011-1275143311_thumb.png post-51011-1275151474_thumb.png

post-51011-1275306330_thumb.png

I have spotted a generic bug too with the HW 2.1 release. In "location and security settings" there is an option to use assisted GPS. When unchecked the text underneath reads "uncheck to Improve GPS performance" this should read "check to improve GPS performance".

Now about EXT3/4... to quote myself

EXT3 is useless for what you want to do with the partition. Most of the data on its will be static IE Your not moving files around folders so the main feature of EXT3, Journalling, will be pointless. If you put the dalvik cache on the partition the overhead of the journal is likely to degrade performance and finally (in essay mode tonight for some reason) fragmentation of SD cards doesn't matter due to the fact SD's have a seek time of 0.02ns.

Because of the mix bag of pulse setup were now getting from the many, many offical ROMS I cannot guarantee the list of "working" items. FYI my pulse upgrade history: t-mob december update-> MCR1.7 -> T-mobile 2.1 Hungarian

* Rooted = Yup

* Wifi = ok

* 3g = Ok

* GPRS = Ok

* Boots = Yup

* Phone = Ok

* Crashes = No reboots yet

* Vibrate = Yup

* Cool theme = Kinda

* Free space = 45 MB

* Neocore = 23.1 FPS

* Aps2Sd = Yes

* SDCard Mount = Working

Installation Instructions

--->For post T-mobile Hungarian 2.1 Update:<---

****Some people are having issues with wireless. This looks like an issue from installing the extra update.app that came with the Hungarian ROM. From reading the posts I think a workaround is to reflash your PULSE with just the Hungarian ROM and then flash this ROM. ****

How to:

1) Install the original update from t-mobile following this guide:

t-mobile-pulse-2-1-software-upgrade-guide

2) Flash Amon RA to your pulse:

installing-the-custom-recovery-image-on-your-device

3) As per any update.zip

* copy the file to your sd card.

* reboot into Amon-RA.

* DO A NANDROID backup.

* Do a Wipe

* Flash

R7B:

(Seems to be a thing about the B roms being the good ones ... >_< )

* Fixes: Missing / Crashing market place

* Fixed: Astro

Pulse Oscillation ROM R7B

R7:

Changelog

* Removed: MMITest_II

* Removed: duplicate market app

* Changed: Converted the big ringtones to ogg to save space

* Removed: Emotion Widget

* Removed: couple of HW framework jar files

* Moved: Astro to data partition

* Changed: Build.prop device info to U8220

* Fixed: Reboot issue when selecting "general info & option"

* Changed: Camera app for stock t-mobile app

* Changed: settings app for stock t-mobile

* Changed: resource in settings app to RBM resources

* Changed: Turned off the notification when turning wireless off

* Added: No WiFi app

* Changed: Named ROM to 'Oscillation' ROM

* Removed: Couple of HW wallpapers

* Update: aps2sd script (dont know how this will effect things)

Pulse Oscillation ROM R7

R6:

Kernel: t-mobile + Custom

Stack: t-mobile

GUI: RBM + Custom

build.prop: RBM + Custom

changes:

* Added (kernel init.rc):

# (JFv1.51_CRB43-US - MCR for pulse R7) Execute files in /etc/init.d before booting

service userinit /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

oneshot

* fixed: quick boot not rebooting the phone (from MCR r7 install script)

* added: chmod to etc/init.rc/ - (MCR R7)

* added: quick boot app

* updated: gallery3d

* removed: crappy file explorer

* added: astro file explorer

* merged: Darktremor A2SD version 2.7 Update 1

* Patched: 04apps2sd to not do anything if no sdcard partition 2 present

* Fixed: Issues with aps2sd that causes the market to disappear

* added: youtube app

bugs

* 01: Selecting general info & option from the setting menu will cause the phone to reboot.

workaround: the spare parts app (installed) comes with some of the items from that menu

* 02: Internal storage COUNTER goes down when installing aps from the market

- Check system/sd/ if you see a file called placeholder then you haven't formatted your sd-card correctly.

http://www.qooy.com/files/1BTZMYTM/Dev_Pul...tmob_PU_R6B.zip

R6B_SP1 optional

* Added: JIT

* Update: aps2sd script (may or may not fix memory issue but have not tested it)

Apply the service pack AFTER installing R6B.

1) *Nandroid backup first*

2) Copy the service pack to you sd card.

3) Reboot into recovery

4 ) Delvik cache wipe

*do not do a full rom wipe. this is an update only!*

R6B_SP1

R5:

* Fixes wi-fi

http://www.qooy.com/files/0PSJ2XNX/Dev_Pul...tmob_PU_R5b.zip

R4:

Kernel: t-mob

Android gui stack: RBM

http://www.qooy.com/files/0OI2HZ4D/Dev_Pul..._tmob_PU_R4.zip

R1:

http://www.qooy.com/files/BKVMHYG5/AndoirdPulse21Rooted.zip

R0

http://www.qooy.com/files/D0SLWLMM/update_signed.zip

Goes with out saying.... NANDROID FIRST. PLAY LATER!

R6B_SP1.zip

Edited by zerosignull

Guest marcox1987

i dont download.... pleas upload another ftp/ websotage

Repacked HW RMB 2.1 ROM

==================

Repack of the HW RMB rom into a nice and handy risk, almost, free update.zip file. Flash via fast boot etc

* Rooted = Nope

* Wifi = ok

* 3g = Ok

* GPRS = Ok

* Boots = Yup

* Phone = Ok

* Crashes = not yet

* Vibrate = nope

* cool theme = Kinda

* Free space = 39 MB

* Neocore = 23.1 FPS

http://www.qooy.com/files/D0SLWLMM/update_signed.zip

Goes with out saying.... NANDROID FIRST. PLAY LATER!

Guest Simon O
With all due respect, but why would I install a non-rooted rom?

It's faster than stock. Some useless apps removed, and it allows people to edit the rom easier.

zerosignull: Excellent work with this. It's so much better than the T-Mobile rom.

Guest Simon O
No vibration?

Aww man...

Does the official update have vibration?

I have vibration. But then again I did originally install the Swedish rom, then the Hungarian T-Mobile 2.1 rom.

btw, my availablr phone storage is showing as 14.93MB. Edit: I see this is due to you making the rom compatible with earlier systems. The t-mobile update changed the partition sizes.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest sunnnny

I cannot install it completely, after installing some of the files it stops with "installation aborted" due to a chmod problem of dropbear (no such file or directory) ...

Guest Spooke
New rooted version of this ROM being uploaded to hosts ....

Does ur rom reboot every so often, or has that been fixed? :(

Guest zerosignull
Does ur rom reboot every so often, or has that been fixed? :(

TBH i dont think ive had a ROM running for longer then 15 minutes this evening before trying a new one so I couldn't reliably say

Guest Spooke
TBH i dont think ive had a ROM running for longer then 15 minutes this evening before trying a new one so I couldn't reliably say

Ok, well I will try ur Rooted one now, How do I go about installing this? just the usual?? wipe data, flash zip? Im on the beta 2.1 r6 i believe

Guest zerosignull
Ok, well I will try ur Rooted one now, How do I go about installing this? just the usual?? wipe data, flash zip? Im on the beta 2.1 r6 i believe

That was almost 100% correct. Just missing one thing. NANDROID BACKUP FIRST ->wipe-> etc

Guest Spooke
That was almost 100% correct. Just missing one thing. NANDROID BACKUP FIRST ->wipe-> etc

:(, Ok will do that, I was abit confused where u said Apply via Fastboot, when I would call it Recovey mode

Guest Spooke

Just flashed your ROM

Booting up now, will try and find some bugs or anything for you :( (Lets hope there aint any)

Edit- Booted, its running great, although I had a FC at the stat up set up, then another, I just clicked wait and all is good :(, its pretty fast, I love the vanillianess of it :o, its so fresh and bright

Edited by Spooke

Guest skrattinn
Just flashed your ROM

Booting up now, will try and find some bugs or anything for you :( (Lets hope there aint any)

Edit- Booted, its running great, although I had a FC at the stat up set up, then another, I just clicked wait and all is good :(, its pretty fast, I love the vanillianess of it :o, its so fresh and bright

is this, with the new kernel and drivers from huaewei?

Guest Tom G
Since rooting the Kernel im getting acore process errors :(

Are you still getting acore errors? The rooted ROM I posted last night didn't have such problems. I will look at adding A2SD and a few other things today and hopefully improve the space issues.

Guest Simon O

Are you able to make an update.zip for this rom but for the new partition sizes please? I try to edit your rom by moving the data files back to the system partition but it breaks wifi and I'm struggling to find out why.

Guest JingleManSweep

I have a Pulse, and I've just installed this ROM, but my touchscreen doesn't work. I haven't applied the Hungary 2.1 updater yet? Anyone else experience this?

Guest zerosignull
Are you able to make an update.zip for this rom but for the new partition sizes please? I try to edit your rom by moving the data files back to the system partition but it breaks wifi and I'm struggling to find out why.

New update posted for post update phone. Wireless works fine on my pulse

Guest pandinusimp
I have a Pulse, and I've just installed this ROM, but my touchscreen doesn't work. I haven't applied the Hungary 2.1 updater yet? Anyone else experience this?

Some drivers missing. You must install the hungary update becuase it writes the bootloader and the firmware. Read this:

click

Guest zerosignull
Does vibrate not work though and is this the same them as the u8230 rom (RBM one)

This is aimed at phones that have had the t-mobile Hungarian ROM applied. Ive updated the first post to cover how to do that and get RA-Recovery back. bear in mind this is for a PULSE so I could not say if it will work on any other variant. Yes vibrate work's if you apply the Hungarian update first

Guest mr.a
This is aimed at phones that have had the t-mobile Hungarian ROM applied. Ive updated the first post to cover how to do that and get RA-Recovery back. bear in mind this is for a PULSE so I could not say if it will work on any other variant. Yes vibrate work's if you apply the Hungarian update first

ok cheers mate