Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest il_cholo

Hi All, I have been reading posts at modaco for a week until I received my 8220 today, I have read that mine is 8220-6 (I´m from argentina), is there a posibilty to use this tutorial? when I tried to update with Hungary rom I get a failed message and I have to restart my phone.

Any help it will be much appreciated.

Regards.

Guest biron_w

I'm using this rom and it works perfectly.The spare parts is helpful as it means I can set the red button to make my phone go to sleep(helpful for work!)

Any chance of adding one of the custom boot screens to the rom?

Guest flip360
erm.... doesn't exits. you will need to shoot of a modified build.prop with "ro.config.hw_boot_animation=1" added then just put the bootanimation.zip in the usual place

here you go :(

Guest titchu

R6B_SP1 optional

* Added: JIT

* Update: aps2sd script (may or may not fix memory issue but have not tested it)

Apply the service pack AFTER installing R6B.

1) *Nandroid backup first*

2) Copy the service pack to you sd card.

3) Reboot into recovery

4 ) Delvik cache wipe

*do not do a full rom wipe. this is an update only!*

is there some way to disable/remove "JIT" after applying R6B_SP1 ?

thx

Edited by titchu

Guest titchu
why the hell do you quote the whole post?

u want no jit... do not install the servicepack :-)

haha...i shortened my post for easy reading .

thx for your advice. i applied the sp and found it made my phone unstable, so want to remove it ...

Edited by titchu

Guest mattheo
Tust the service pack ATM TBH. cannot think of much else to put in it unless ne on has any suggestions? Apart from a few utility apps IE no Wifi and maybe a default task manager app (please suggest) etc ...

I'd recognized the camera's quality is much lower than the Paul's ROM. (Thats an opinion) Can you test/change it?

Process Manager is a good choice to task manager, .apk is 124 kb..

Guest Jan M
did anyone look into the space issue we have?

cheers

running out of space even with a2sd? move dalvik-cache to SD with 'adb shell a2sd cache'

your phone will run slower with cache on SD, so you will be choosing space over speed...

one way of solving the speed problem might be odexing the /system/framework .jar's...but Paul's odex script doesn't work with .jar's for some reason...if it's at all reasonable/possible to do it...

Guest zerosignull
how about replacing the defaults Maps.apk with Brut's version to allow non-US navigation?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=630887

When you say non-us navigation... it works by default for the UK too. I take it google maps navigation doesn't work in all of europe/world?

ro.config.hw_new_wifitopdp=0

Done.

Replaced the camera app with the default t-mobile camera app. May or may not improve quality (and its a few kb smaller)

I'm trying to ODEX the rom but cannot get the script to frun from windows. Ne on had any luck doing this?

ANy one have any idea what "MMITest_II.apk" actually does?

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Csöpi
When you say non-us navigation... it works by default for the UK too. I take it google maps navigation doesn't work in all of europe/world?

Its working officially only in the US and UK.

Guest flip360

good to have another more polished version of this rom :(

noob question: is data/data supposed to be on the phone memory? i thought it was moved to sd card with the a2sd?

thats been filling up with the data of every apk i install and eating away memory

also can i edit the build.prop file like the one thats in the mcr rom?

this one has the markings of U8230 and RBM and the original one is U8220 and Pulse i think,

cheers

Edited by flip360

Guest Jan M
I'm trying to ODEX the rom but cannot get the script to frun from windows. Ne on had any luck doing this?

this is the script I used:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...r-unodexd-roms/

since it's trying to remount-rw the wrong partition, just 'adb remount' before running it (or modify it to remount the correct partition)...and chmod 755 of course...

Guest Simon O
Its working officially only in the US and UK.

Google Navigation is working in US, UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany I believe. At least it downloaded voice data for those regions.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest zerosignull
this is the script I used:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...r-unodexd-roms/

since it's trying to remount-rw the wrong partition, just 'adb remount' before running it (or modify it to remount the correct partition)...and chmod 755 of course...

tried that. downloaded the zip. extracted it to my android sdk tools folder then tried to push it to the device. No luck. Can you idiots guide me through it from windows 7 ?

Guest zerosignull
Is there any way we can change the theme to a stock Android 2.1 version? I've tried using MetaMorph and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=577651, but it hasn't quite worked perfectly (in fact, not much has changed at all).

I personally prefere the Green and White look of the RBM ROM....

You may also need to make a couple of mods to the build.prop to stop the rom auto custimizing stuff:

change:

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=true

ro.config.hw_customizeType=01

to:

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=false

#ro.config.hw_customizeType=01

second line is commented out. FYI 01 = RBM theme 02 = t-mobile.

Guest Simon O
tried that. downloaded the zip. extracted it to my android sdk tools folder then tried to push it to the device. No luck. Can you idiots guide me through it from windows 7 ?

Hm. I just plugged in the phone, opened a command prompt and CD'd to the location of the extracted odex folder then did

adb push odex /data/odex/
then ran:
adb shell sh /data/odex/odex.sh

after making the partition change to the script. Phone rebooted, dalvik cache wiped and once booted up you'll have odex files. Either copy them to SD card or make a nandroid backup and extract the img using unyaffs.