Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest ak888
from memory when its in fast boot mode ( the blue screen) you are supposed to THEN flash am-recovery thingy

I think thats what I am trying to do. Steps I took are:

1 - Start phone in fastboot (thats up to the blue screen - with the text I have shown above).

2 - Plug USB cable into PC and phone.

3 - Run install script/batch file.

In all cases, the script sits there on 'waiting for device' and does not execute the Amon RA recovery flash install.

Guest thisweb
I think thats what I am trying to do. Steps I took are:

1 - Start phone in fastboot (thats up to the blue screen - with the text I have shown above).

2 - Plug USB cable into PC and phone.

3 - Run install script/batch file.

In all cases, the script sits there on 'waiting for device' and does not execute the Amon RA recovery flash install.

Are you in linux if so dont forget sudo before script

Guest Hitonesw
No, I manually installed it. The website mentioned it's not flashable :(

Thanks, how would I do that, i'm only just getting the hang of it lol :(

Guest Simon O
Thanks, how would I do that, i'm only just getting the hang of it lol :(

Either copy the apk files to your SD card and select them using file manager, or use adb such as

adb install -r filename.apk

replacing filename with the actual name of the file.

Guest Hitonesw
Either copy the apk files to your SD card and select them using file manager, or use adb such as

adb install -r filename.apk

replacing filename with the actual name of the file.

Cheers, your a pal :(, always nice to meet good people on forums.

Guest titchu

R7:

Changelog

* Removed: MMITest_II

* Removed: duplicate market app

* Changed: Converted the big ringtones to ogg to save space

* Removed: Emotion Widget

* Removed: couple of HW framework jar files

* Moved: Astro to data partition

* Changed: Build.prop device info to U8220

* Fixed: Reboot issue when selecting "general info & option"

* Changed: Camera app for stock t-mobile app

* Changed: settings app for stock t-mobile

* Changed: resource in settings app to RBM resources

* Changed: Turned off the notification when turning wireless off

* Added: No WiFi app

* Changed: Named ROM to 'Oscillation' ROM

* Removed: Couple of HW wallpapers

* Update: aps2sd script (dont know how this will effect things)

i found this >> /data/a2sd/vending.apk, is it a duplicate market app? and i can see maps.apk in /system/app/ in Root explorer, but google maps doesn't show up in application list ? any idea on this? thanks.

Edited by titchu

Guest whackster
i found this >> /data/a2sd/vending.apk, is it a duplicate market app? and i can see maps.apk in /system/app/ in Root explorer, but google maps doesn't show up in application list ? any idea on this? thanks.

I think that's an updated version of the market app, it downloads without a warning.

Guest titchu
I think that's an updated version of the market app, it downloads without a warning.

thx. then any idea on my google maps issue ? maps.apk is found in /system/app , but doesn't appear in All Program Screen.

Guest pitypang

Hi!

I have an R6 version of this ROM, I would like to update to R7B. Shall I reflash this version or what shall I do to update?

thanks (great ROM)

Guest whackster
thx. then any idea on my google maps issue ? maps.apk is found in /system/app , but doesn't appear in All Program Screen.

Check if it has classes.dex inside the .apk. If id doesn't then its odexed, and you need the.odex file there too.

I'm looking for help on deodexing apks, anyone know a good starting place to point to?

Guest TheNano
Check if it has classes.dex inside the .apk. If id doesn't then its odexed, and you need the.odex file there too.

I'm looking for help on deodexing apks, anyone know a good starting place to point to?

As thereis a new Map out in market, you could just install that!

Guest titchu

thanks alot for your details reply.

Guest Dr Who

I might have a crack at editing the wiki at some point regarding the 2.1 ROMS, so a quick question - is the Oscillation ROM a repack that fits on the old partition size like the MCR ROM or do you need to have applied an UPDATA to repartition it first?

Guest goce.nakov
I might have a crack at editing the wiki at some point regarding the 2.1 ROMS, so a quick question - is the Oscillation ROM a repack that fits on the old partition size like the MCR ROM or do you need to have applied an UPDATA to repartition it first?

You need to have applied UPDATA first....

Guest thisweb
Great! That works - now onto installing R7B!

Great! I spent a week trying to figure out the problem and decide if it was worth wiping my linux and reinstalling windows just to get the 2.1 rom on my phone. Then someone here reminded me about the sudo thing. Boy was I happy!!! Easy to forget that one.