so far for R8 (no its not relased yet) ive made the following changes:

* Removed touchpal

* restored a couple of framewrok apks to fix widget issues

* HTC_IME_lo installed

* Changed grfx in power control to be green

* updated fingerprint to dorid's

* Restored Text/MMS icon

* updated maps

I want to make the ROM more usable out of the box but without the bloat so ive put together a few quick and light apss:

* File Manager = Astro

* Task Manager = TaskPanel Lite (150KB~)

* Agenda Widget = Smooth Calendar (100kb~)

* Bling Clock/Weather = Fancy Widget (3~mb)

Looking for this out of the box(ish):

post-51011-1275944641_thumb.png

Suggestions/feedback welcome ...

But I am actually really starting to like TouchPal :)

I like the option when you press and slide down a key key get your numbers and symbols. So much faster as you only need to use one keyboard screen.

But I like the, other changes :)

(maybe not nessisary to include in the rom but who here doesn't use opera mini?)

Guest chall32

@zerosignull - Looks good mate... very good! :) Top quality calendar + clock bling :)

What's the "3G" Icon top left, next to USB icon in yr screenshot?

Any thoughts towards battery indicator? No worries if not.

who here doesn't use opera mini?

That'll be me then.... *whistle* :)

- Chris

Guest Joni Silva

Please don't remove the Touchpal, its "slide down key" is very useful and saves a lot of time.

Edited by Joni Silva

Guest goce.nakov
Please don't remove the Touchpal, its "slide down key" is very useful and saves a lot of time.

On HTC_IME you can do that also (just hold down a key for a little) and the buttons a bigger and nicer.

Zero, btw did you applied changes (fixes) for the home screen and ring delay. I'm asking because in data/local.pro couldn't find the fix for the home screen so I put it my self.

Great work keep it up.

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest titchu
Nothing much, just Fancy Widget, Smooth Calendar, Battery Indicator. Google search & power control are built in.

Screeny:

Hi chall32, would you please advise how to install voice search? thx.

Edited by titchu

Guest goce.nakov

get the VoiceSearchwithKeyboard.apk from any other ROM and copy the file thru RootExplorer or similar app in to system/app.

:)

Guest titchu
Roll call for R8

=========

so far for R8 (no its not relased yet) ive made the following changes:

* Removed touchpal

* restored a couple of framewrok apks to fix widget issues

* HTC_IME_lo installed

* Changed grfx in power control to be green

* updated fingerprint to dorid's

* Restored Text/MMS icon

* updated maps

I want to make the ROM more usable out of the box but without the bloat so ive put together a few quick and light apss:

* File Manager = Astro

* Task Manager = TaskPanel Lite (150KB~)

* Agenda Widget = Smooth Calendar (100kb~)

* Bling Clock/Weather = Fancy Widget (3~mb)

Looking for this out of the box(ish):

post-51011-1275944641_thumb.png

Suggestions/feedback welcome ...

zero, what was wrong with the Text/MMS icon in r7B now ?

Guest Spoke
But I am actually really starting to like TouchPal :)

I like the option when you press and slide down a key key get your numbers and symbols. So much faster as you only need to use one keyboard screen.

But I like the, other changes :)

(maybe not nessisary to include in the rom but who here doesn't use opera mini?)

I agree about Touchpal the slide to get numbers and symbols is very useful.

Guest zerosignull

Im glad your all agreeing with me about the touchpal slide down. I can bang out text's much faster that way then the "Hold key" method of HTC IME.

As to the message icon nothing per say. Just like the default one. Will see how it works with the theme then make a call .... feel free to comment on changes.

3g Icon top left is call "3g watchdog". it counts bandwidth used so i stay in the rought 40mb/day FUP of t-mobile. It's very handy!

Is the vocie search/inut anygood? Is it work considering for R8?

Guest titchu
get the VoiceSearchwithKeyboard.apk from any other ROM and copy the file thru RootExplorer or similar app in to system/app.

:)

ic. thx

Guest goce.nakov
Im glad your all agreeing with me about the touchpal slide down. I can bang out text's much faster that way then the "Hold key" method of HTC IME.

As to the message icon nothing per say. Just like the default one. Will see how it works with the theme then make a call .... feel free to comment on changes.

3g Icon top left is call "3g watchdog". it counts bandwidth used so i stay in the rought 40mb/day FUP of t-mobile. It's very handy!

Is the vocie search/inut anygood? Is it work considering for R8?

Yes please I use navigation a lot and voice search is quite handy....I installed the one from Fibl ROM and it is good (no FC or something).....think to put navigation back on this ROM pls.

Guest chall32

Sure - it's here

@zerosignull - Whats happening in R8 with respect to Android Market? I installed the "Eris Droid Fix" (as suggested by fibblesan), but I'm still not convinced that the market is 100%...

As the "Eris Droid Fix" just patches build.prop, perhaps it would be an idea to bake in a patched build.prop into R8? Eris droid fix details here

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Guest goce.nakov
can you not make the A2SD work in the new build of your FW like it used to work in MCR 1.7?

you can do it buy your self...just push Dalvik Cash on your SD card....this A2SD that Zero is putting on he's ROM doesn't have that option.

But be sure you have at least class4 SD card or you phone will be s*** slow.

Guest preetkk
you can do it buy your self...just push Dalvik Cash on your SD card....this A2SD that Zero is putting on he's ROM doesn't have that option.

But be sure you have at least class4 SD card or you phone will be s*** slow.

when you just push the cache on to the SD.... Do you mean moving apps and there cache to the sd in the recovery menu (quickboot)

Guest goce.nakov
when you just push the cache on to the SD.... Do you mean moving apps and there cache to the sd in the recovery menu (quickboot)

No I mean Dalvik Cash....search forums for moving Dalvik Cash on to SD....

Guest zerosignull
Sure - it's here

@zerosignull - Whats happening in R8 with respect to Android Market? I installed the "Eris Droid Fix" (as suggested by fibblesan), but I'm still not convinced that the market is 100%...

As the "Eris Droid Fix" just patches build.prop, perhaps it would be an idea to bake in a patched build.prop into R8? Eris droid fix details here

- Chris

The fingerprint has been moded to be the same as the Moto Droid. :)

can you not make the A2SD work in the new build of your FW like it used to work in MCR 1.7?

In a word no. Dalvik cache is to suceptable to bad SD performance. You can still install a hell of a lot of apps with just the classic aps2sd setup and more advanced users can follow the Instructions to move the cache.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest chall32

Not wanting to quote myself, but I've just flashed a friend's pulse with Hungarian & Oscillation 7B (he was running MCR 1.7 before), and a market search for "Handcent" and his returned 7 apps where as mine returned 14 apps.

So I stand corrected as far as the Eris Droid Fix not making any noticeable changes to the market!

If I PM you build.prop from my mate's pulse vanilla + just the "Eris Droid Fix", could you build the fix into R8 build.prop?

- Chris

Guest igor_anta

Running R7B with cache moved to SD and it's great! Really, you did a great job on this zero, congrats. I just wanted to ask, I know someone mentioned it somewhere but I couldn't find it, what was the method to change the boot-screen on this ROM since there's no bootanimation.zip in media? Should I just paste the one I want to have? Cheers!

Guest zerosignull
Not wanting to quote myself, but I've just flashed a friend's pulse with Hungarian & Oscillation 7B (he was running MCR 1.7 before), and a market search for "Handcent" and his returned 7 apps where as mine returned 14 apps.

So I stand corrected as far as the Eris Droid Fix not making any noticeable changes to the market!

If I PM you build.prop from my mate's pulse vanilla + just the "Eris Droid Fix", could you build the fix into R8 build.prop?

- Chris

got you both beat. My current build prop returns 18 :)

Running R7B with cache moved to SD and it's great! Really, you did a great job on this zero, congrats. I just wanted to ask, I know someone mentioned it somewhere but I couldn't find it, what was the method to change the boot-screen on this ROM since there's no bootanimation.zip in media? Should I just paste the one I want to have? Cheers!

You need to modify the build.prop to tell it to use a boot animation( ro.config.hw_boot_animation=1) and yes put the boptanimation.zip into the right folder. If we can find a decent boot animation then i'm up for putting one in.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest chall32
got you both beat. My current build prop returns 18 :)

As a final test, earlier on this afternoon I put the same market details into my build.prop as fibblesan uses in his ROM.

Just searched the market and TA DAAA! I get 18 apps too! Including (for the first time) the handcent app itself!! :)

So conclusive testing then. Fibblesan's market tweaks are THE way to go! Good effort Fibblesan!

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Guest igor_anta
You need to modify the build.prop to tell it to use a boot animation( ro.config.hw_boot_animation=1) and yes put the boptanimation.zip into the right folder. If we can find a decent boot animation then i'm up for putting one in.

WOW, that animation look awesome!!! Too bad it takes up some 15MB of our precious memory :) Maybe you could try the one Shadow has in his ROM, the bios boot up style one. Or maybe one from this topic: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/310...mation/page/40/. I'm using the blue Pulse (Droid like) animation, looks nice (post #49). Cheers!

Guest preetkk

anychance you could make 2 releases of your next FW please

one normal and one with the same A2SD as MCR 1.7

:-)

Otherwise i'll have to try and play around with it :-(

Guest Simon O
As a final test, earlier on this afternoon I put the same market details into my build.prop as fibblesan uses in his ROM.

Just searched the market and TA DAAA! I get 18 apps too! Including (for the first time) the handcent app itself!! :)

So conclusive testing then. Fibblesan's market tweaks are THE way to go! Good effort Fibblesan!

- Chris

lol

It's not my fix! I just found out the fingerprint that the Eris Market Fix uses. This way you don't have to install an app to fix the market :)

Guest zerosignull
anychance you could make 2 releases of your next FW please

one normal and one with the same A2SD as MCR 1.7

:-)

Otherwise i'll have to try and play around with it :-(

its two lines of adb to turn it on Instructions :)

adb shell

/system/bin/a2sd cache