29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Richard_Arkless
is it normal that the live wallpapaers are kinda laggy :(

I sure hope that was sarcasm lol, of course its normal it is after all an underpowered phone

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Spooke
I can't use this ROM either ...

It hangs at the Android logo, no matter if I use the A2SD or non A2SD version.

The only way I can get this ROM booting is by not doing a wipe before flashing it.

It boots up, but acore force-closes every few seconds.

If I install it after wiping my phone, it doesn't even boot...

I'm really pissed off :(

Bluetooth doesn't work either...

The weird thing is that theother guys running the leaked Eclair ROM haven't got this problems... looks like I'm the only one

The leaked and this ROM are exactly the same, this should work perfect on your phone as it already has the larger partitions,

Try installing the T-Mobile Hungarian 2.1 (The leaked 'BETA' you have is apparently exactly the same) then this without wiping, U may get a force close or two, just wait and they wont come up again :(

Hope it works for u!

Edited by Spooke

Guest Rizzly
No. Never.

Well, so far it's only been me and fibblesan who have experienced this problem, I don't know of anyone else. Neither do I know why we're the only ones having this problem so far.

Guest ogiogi
is it normal that the live wallpapaers are kinda laggy :(

Sometimes Live Walls LAG, sometimes don't. Get the starfield wall from Market :(

Guest thisweb

Anyone else find market painfully slow, even on wifi, plus downloads screen is always blank, even when I've installed something?

Guest thisweb
Anyone else find market painfully slow, even on wifi, plus downloads screen is always blank, even when I've installed something?

Actually, I'm thinking this is so bad I may have to go back to beta rom.

Guest jlgmax

Has anyone got the HTC Touch keyboard working on the 2.1 ROM ? Im currently on the Hungarian update, havent put Pauls version on yet and whenever I select "Touch" as the input method I get a force close straight away - the keyboard doesnt even get displayed it just errors straight away....

Also, if I want to use one of the A2SD roms do I need to partition my SD card before I install the ROM or can I just do that afterwards ?

Edited by jlgmax

Guest igor_anta
I can't use this ROM either ...

It hangs at the Android logo, no matter if I use the A2SD or non A2SD version.

The only way I can get this ROM booting is by not doing a wipe before flashing it.

It boots up, but acore force-closes every few seconds.

If I install it after wiping my phone, it doesn't even boot...

I'm really pissed off :(

Bluetooth doesn't work either...

The weird thing is that theother guys running the leaked Eclair ROM haven't got this problems... looks like I'm the only one

Someone mentioned that you also need to flash the Hungarian Fix that came with the official update, the smaller dload folder, in order to install this without problems. Cheers!

Guest menno2

i read about potential ext3 probs, and therefore i think i never turned into an ext3. I dont a linux machine

where I am at now, how would i check if its either ext2 or ext3?

//edit i think a repair ext from AMRA resolved it... fingers crossed

//edit 2

thats a negative, bootloop in 2nd screen (t-mobile with circling logo)

Edited by menno2

Guest Quacka1

I am reading for some time in this forum, but today I finally registered.

Till today I was running the old custom 1.7 rom.

Today I updated to the custom 2.1-rom, after making backups of my contacts (I used aContacts in the old rom) with Backup for Root & Titanium Backup.

Now the new rom is working great, including a2sd (I needed to do a complete wipe, before it works). But the backup of my contacts has been messed up. I really don't know what happened.

1. Via aContacts no contacts are found (I even restored the complete old program)

2. Via de normal Contacts I only can find my Google-contacts (I didn't use this in the old rom), but none of my telephone-contacts

3. Via call log I can find my calls, including the names of the mentioned contacts

4. Via 'numpad' (don't know how to call it, I use the Dutch version), you have a link to contacts & call log -> I can find all my contacts twice. Including all phonenumbers, Address, emailaddress.

How can I transfer these contacts to the normal Contacts apllication and to the aContacts application???

Guest Jankov
How can I transfer these contacts to the normal Contacts apllication and to the aContacts application???

If you were logged in to Gmail before you installed this update, then your contacts must have been synced to Gmail. Now you all have to do is log in with your Gmail account on your phone and go to Settings >> Accounts and sync >> Choose your account and mark all the field Sync Contacts. When you connect to a network you'll probably have your contacts synced and you will see them in Contacts app.

Guest menno2

df -h trough adb shell gives me the FAT partition but not the ext? partition

fdisk cannot access /dev/block/vold cause its read only

how do i discover if I am ext 2 or 3?

Guest topspinserve

This ROM works great! Thanks Paul :(

There seems to be items missing from the Market. I'm looking for ShapeWriter. Anyone else had problems with the Market?

Guest lemmyc
There seems to be items missing from the Market. I'm looking for ShapeWriter. Anyone else had problems with the Market?

Yes, this seems to be a common problem. I'm missing Evernote for example. I wonder if it's to do with phone location, or lack of serial number, or...? What does the Android market check for when filtering content? Anybody?

Guest igor_anta
Yes, this seems to be a common problem. I'm missing Evernote for example. I wonder if it's to do with phone location, or lack of serial number, or...? What does the Android market check for when filtering content? Anybody?

Guys just find Market Enabler from.. somewhere and enable T-Mob US market. Everything will appear. Cheers!

Guest Totyasrác

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but after installing this ROM I had 45megs of available memory. Then (while playing around with VoiceSearch) it froze, I had to take the battery off and then reboot.

And here comes the interesting (but pretty good) news: after reboot (without proper shotdown!) my free memory has changed to 60MBs!!!

I have installed my favourite applications (Handcent, Sygic MobileMaps etc.) I still have 48 megs free so I am pretty happy :(

This was confirmed by my friend who also has done the same (taking off battery while phone is running) and he also has gained ~15MBs more free space.

Paul (or anyone) could please check what the cause can be? It might be something worth a look (since we alle have Pulses and in desperate need of some more free memory space :()

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest menno2

Google Voice Crashes

Android A core crashes

Downloaded Google Maps from market (which works fine) and it crashes all the time

Guest milun

Here again I ask for the problem.

When looking for the Google search engines, for example contact, and when you find and get access to the contact occurs close to the Force.

Do I need to do or what patch

Guest bounty123
Android A core crashes, i get this wen i start up the device is this a problem?

It doesn't really crash, just starts up slow. if you click on wait, it won't appear as crashing any more.

Guest menno2

This is how you remove voice search crap

adb shell

su

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

rm /system/app/VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.*

I did it and no more voice crashes and acore crashes

i

//edit

hmm now I cannot connect 2g/3g no more so be careful :(

Edited by menno2