29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest goblin

The MCR 2.1 doesn't seem to come with any ringtones, alarm sounds or notification sounds installed. Does anyone else have the same problem or is that just me?

It's ok for normal ringtones and alarm clock sounds (they're easy to set), but a bit of a pain if you need to set notification sounds for SMS, email and tweets. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Guest gusthy
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but after installing this ROM I had 45megs of available memory. Then (while playing around with VoiceSearch) it froze, I had to take the battery off and then reboot.

And here comes the interesting (but pretty good) news: after reboot (without proper shotdown!) my free memory has changed to 60MBs!!!

I have installed my favourite applications (Handcent, Sygic MobileMaps etc.) I still have 48 megs free so I am pretty happy :(

This was confirmed by my friend who also has done the same (taking off battery while phone is running) and he also has gained ~15MBs more free space.

Paul (or anyone) could please check what the cause can be? It might be something worth a look (since we alle have Pulses and in desperate need of some more free memory space :()

The same occured with A2SD enabled, it jumped from 60Megs to around 73 after reboot.

Guest menno2

I totally badword up 2g/3g since when i enable this in networking settings it disables itself, this happened after deleting voicesearchkeybaoard. I put it back in but no results.

I also pushed the old Google Maps into /system/apps which works fine!!

Guest Totyasrác
The same occured with A2SD enabled, it jumped from 60Megs to around 73 after reboot.

But with a2sd it makes kinda sense (some sort...). But without that... Where does this space come from?

Guest tux880

im finding the rom very buggy, slow trying to send sms is hard sometimes u cant write one and have to back out then back in. is there anyways i can got back to MCR 1.7 untill this is a little better?

Edited by tux880

Guest xorti

Is there is any way to return to 1.5? because I have some problems with touch screen, And thinking to sent it to waranty???

Guest tido

How can I make the TouchPal input allow accented characters? In other words, do I have to install some kind of hungarian pack for it? In the official release I could use these letters.

Guest tido
Is there is any way to return to 1.5? because I have some problems with touch screen, And thinking to sent it to waranty???

You don't have to, just flash the hungarian update. That's quite official and available to everyone :(

This doesn't work if your pulse isn't T-mo branded...

Guest darkdevil1

Quite a lot of FCs for me sadly, but that's to be expected with a WIP :(

Keep it up Paul!

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest alpha232
im finding the rom very buggy, slow trying to send sms is hard sometimes u cant write one and have to back out then back in. is there anyways i can got back to MCR 1.7 untill this is a little better?

Not if you applied to updata.app file

Guest ogiogi

So i switched from 3G to 2G and got bunches of acore FC's. Then i turned off data service and it got worse. Had do reboot. Anyone else noticed this.

Also whenever the phone feels lag-ish there are some services that are "restarting" but never do start.

post-656233-1275261266_thumb.png

Edited by ogiogi

Guest AlephZero

serious problem here guys...

I followed the instructions , got the hungarian update working fine

but then when i tried to install amonra recovery something went horribly wrong

When i try to reboot , i get stuck at a black screen with a blinking cursor after the android logo

i am also unable to install amonra recovery..

when i run the install-recovery-windows.bat

it gives me OK messages in the DOS window.. nothing on the screen tho

and when i try to boot into the recovery menu, like i used to on 1.5 , i just get sent to the blue Bootloader screen.

How can i fix this?

Desperately hoping for a solution - Aleph

Edit:

After using Fastboot to boot directly into the recovery

i still am no further.. i keep getting

Cant Mount Cache:recovery.log

Cant open Cache:Recovery.log

Cant find MISC:

Edit V2:

Solved by booting into recovery mode not by pressing Call end + Volume down + Power

but instead by using Menu, Call end and Power

Damn i was sweating for a moment there

Edited by AlephZero

Guest flip360
So i switched from 3G to 2G and got bunches of acore FC's. Then i turned off data service and it got worse. Had do reboot. Anyone else noticed this.

Also whenever the phone feels lag-ish there are some services that are "restarting" but never do start.

post-656233-1275261266_thumb.png

i dont have that? 3G, 2G work perfectly here

Guest Totyasrác
Edit:

After using Fastboot to boot directly into the recovery

i still am no further.. i keep getting

Cant Mount Cache:recovery.log

Cant open Cache:Recovery.log

Cant find MISC:

Edit V2:

Solved by booting into recovery mode not by pressing Call end + Volume down + Power

but instead by using Menu, Call end and Power

Damn i was sweating for a moment there

Since the way to get into Amon RA recovery is to keep red+menu pressed while pressing power button - I don't really see an issue here. Call end + VolDown starts bootloader mode (yeap, that is the blue screen) and that is exactly what you've got.

It is actually written in the CRI topic :(

Guest lemmyc
Guys just find Market Enabler from.. somewhere and enable T-Mob US market. Everything will appear. Cheers!

Hmm, tried that, but still not working here. Has this fixed the problem for anyone else?

Guest goce.nakov
Hmm, tried that, but still not working here. Has this fixed the problem for anyone else?

Yes...for me...load T-Mobile-US and I have all aps

Guest Mohit Singhal

hi everyone

first of all thnx to Paul for providing the ROM... :(

I am facing a small problem after installing this ROM, since my SD card partition was EXT3 AP2SD is not working.

Could anyone please tell me if thr is a way to convert this partition back to ext2 without formatting my card...

Cheers

Matrix

Guest goce.nakov
hi everyone

I am facing a small problem after installing this ROM, since my SD card partition was EXT3 AP2SD is not working.

Could anyone please tell me if thr is a way to convert this partition back to ext2 without formatting my card...

Cheers

Matrix

No...you need to format (best way is thru win/mac/linux)

Guest Totyasrác
hi everyone

Cheers

Matrix

If you already have the required partitioning then you don't need to repartition it therefore you won't loose any data. The only exception is your ext3 partition - that needs to be reformatted to ext2 (with any tool that's capable).

Guest Simon O

I've been running this ROM for the last 12 hours now without any problems. Firstly I installed the Hungarian T-Mobile update, then installed the CUSTOM_HU update. Then installed amon-RA recovery, wiped data and dalvik, then partitioned my 8Gb Class 6 SD card with no swap, 512mb ext2 and rest as fat32.

I get one fc/wait box on start related to android.process.acore but I click wait and everything is fine. Wi-Fi works, a2sd works and the phone is completely stable.

Guest menno2

Sames goes for me, only google maps 4.2 which came with it doesnt work

all other stuff works fine. Even google voice search doesnt bit** no more, not that i actually tried it but it runs in background constantly.

Guest mapero

I got a problem connecting to WPA Enterprise Network. Other networks work fine. Connecting ends in FC of com.android.settings.

Sometimes the phone lags for 5-10secs.

Edited by mapero