29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ppod
Again, someone may want to confirm this, but unless you have a Class 6 SD card then I don't think it's advisable to do that.

How many Apps are you likely to install? If it's only one or two then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a similar problem on my phone but I don't install many apps so it's nothing to worry about to be honest.

Well,

I have 170 and more to come ... :)

Guest Fantomni
Again, someone may want to confirm this, but unless you have a Class 6 SD card then I don't think it's advisable to do that.

How many Apps are you likely to install? If it's only one or two then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a similar problem on my phone but I don't install many apps so it's nothing to worry about to be honest.

Well i'm planing to install many apps, only iGO will take more than 20MB.

I have 2GB sd card, ext2-512MB and fat32 rest.

Guest Fantomni
Well,

I have 170 and more to come ... :)

You can explain me how you menaged to do that:)

Can you tell me order of installations you used after 2.1 upgrade?

Thanks

Guest ppod
You can explain me how you menaged to do that:)

Can you tell me order of installations you used after 2.1 upgrade?

Thanks

I made a nandroid + ext backup.

I wiped data, dalvick and ext.

expanded the ext.tar on the memory card so I could later on copy all the applications I have.

Installed r7 and after reboot installed rootexplorer. (I always keep a copy of the apk on the root of my card)

With rootexplorer selected all my applications and copied in /system/sd/app.

Thats' all.

Guest kankle123

Great work guys on the 2.1 custom roms.

I am having a problem on this rom though :) When I go into Contacts and try to copy contacts from my sim card to the phone, it comes up stating that no phone numbers are found on the sim which is false as I have tried the sim card back into old phones and they're still on the sim.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JumboSlim

Just to keep this great rom near the front of the listings.

I've been running this for more than 2 weeks and except for random Voice Search FCs, it's been pretty much faultless

Guest Totyasrác

Hi there!

It would be pretty nice to have some improvements to this ROM - I mean less T-colored stuffa for example. We see many custom ROMs being created but they do not have the kitchen option...

So Paul, if you're reading this: if you don't have time to personally play around with the Pulse ROMs then there should be a way for the other guys (flibblesan's ROM is my favourite but we have - amongst others - the Oscillation ROM also)...

Adding and removing apps and/or app2sd or app2sd+ functionality easily is just such an excellent idea... Don't you think it would be a great idea to provide some sort of access to the kitchen (as cooks :D) for some guys?

Hope noone takes this as an offense :lol:

Guest Simon O
Hi there!

It would be pretty nice to have some improvements to this ROM - I mean less T-colored stuffa for example. We see many custom ROMs being created but they do not have the kitchen option...

So Paul, if you're reading this: if you don't have time to personally play around with the Pulse ROMs then there should be a way for the other guys (flibblesan's ROM is my favourite but we have - amongst others - the Oscillation ROM also)...

Adding and removing apps and/or app2sd or app2sd+ functionality easily is just such an excellent idea... Don't you think it would be a great idea to provide some sort of access to the kitchen (as cooks :D) for some guys?

Hope noone takes this as an offense :lol:

I'd love to have a rom kitchen for my rom.

Guest Totyasrác
I'd love to have a rom kitchen for my rom.

I would also be happy to have a kitchen for your ROM, that was my main purpose :lol:

Guest prostar

I am waiting for answer since 3 days (sent by email and forum message) !

Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010 10:17

An: 'WinMo @ MoDaCo'

Betreff: New Subscription Purchase ( WinMo @ MoDaCo )

Paul,

I have "baked" a Custom Rom for my T-Mobile Pulse r7 online.

Now, during installation I get an error message:

Deleting files...

E:can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/.ssh

No such file or directory

E:failure at line 363

Set_perm 0 0 0700 Data:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted

Please help.

Thanks and best regards,

F

Guest Azurren
I am waiting for answer since 3 days (sent by email and forum message) !

Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010 10:17

An: 'WinMo @ MoDaCo'

Betreff: New Subscription Purchase ( WinMo @ MoDaCo )

Paul,

I have "baked" a Custom Rom for my T-Mobile Pulse r7 online.

Now, during installation I get an error message:

Deleting files...

E:can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/.ssh

No such file or directory

E:failure at line 363

Set_perm 0 0 0700 Data:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted

Please help.

Thanks and best regards,

F

Have you already installed the official 2.1 upgrade?

This guide covers installing the original and the custom rom: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-owners-guide/

Guest prostar
Have you already installed the official 2.1 upgrade?

This guide covers installing the original and the custom rom: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-owners-guide/

Hello and thank you ! I am happy that someone answers, as Paul does not read his messages according to tracking.

Yes, I have installed this Hungarian 2.1. It brought me to message: low phone memory, after only a few installed apps.

I just read your "how to do".

My 8GB SD card has only one FAT32 partition, may it have to do with that ?

Thanks