29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Evil Disco Guy

So turned off and back on again after applying a new ROM. Voice Search and Acore errors straightaway. Pressing Wait on both gets rid of the errors and Voice Search works as usual.

Guest bounty123

Is there anyone with a custom baked ROM, who could get past the setup wizard FC? If so, how do you accomplish that? :(

Guest Spooke
To all peeps that this has worked for, does it randomly reboot?

I'm just trying to determine if Sh4d0w's ROM is the better choice for me, as there's no going back...

Speed - Reboots - Vanilla-ness

If all these are better or equal to Sh4d0w's, UPGRADE!!! And by vanilla-ness I mean theming to remove pink-ness.

I havent had any reboots so far, and there shouldnt be any, its much better than the first few 2.1 roms that have been released prior to this (Even though deep down they are exactly the same apart from a new Fastboot and partition layout

Edited by Spooke

Guest zerosignull
To all peeps that this has worked for, does it randomly reboot?

I'm just trying to determine if Sh4d0w's ROM is the better choice for me, as there's no going back...

Speed - Reboots - Vanilla-ness

If all these are better or equal to Sh4d0w's, UPGRADE!!! And by vanilla-ness I mean theming to remove pink-ness.

You an try my ROM. Its a Vanilla ROM based on the released 2.1 Code. You need to upgrade your phone first by flashing the T-mob Hung ROM. Full instructions in post..

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...k-root-upgrade/

Guest ogiogi

No reboots. Just the initial acore/voice search FC on setup.

Having troubles connecting to wifi @work. Obtaining network address... and then Unsuccessful. But this happened before i flash the MCR. Maybe something went wrong with the router :(

Guest dodge-167

I again updatet to Hungarian 2.1 then put amon Ra recovery, wipe then isntall MoDaCo ROM and again nothing. It wont turn on with SD inserted!!!!

Guest Paul
I cant turn on my phone without moving my SD card, and i get acore force close on begining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :o :(

Check your SD partitions - FAT32 first, EXT2 next.

P

Guest gusthy
Someone help me please , i screwed my phone , please someone give me the original boot.iso from the hungarian 2.1 , or tell me what to do , ive tried to install superboot but i didnt realize that is only for 1.5 , now im stuck with boot.iso from 1.5 .

Help for god sake ! !

First, relax.

Second, install amon-ra recovery, then you can do anything.

Guest Hitonesw

Thanks for your time with this, and that goes to all you devs :( just went addfree (for the moment) you guys are the dogs bits....

Guest Willz

Okay, so I can't just flash this? I have to go through the whole update process with the Hungarian 2.1? The point of no return.. as in, 1.5, right?

Guest Alcarne

Please could someone quickly explain "To use A2SD, you should partition your SD card to have a FAT32 partition first, then an EXT partition second".

How big should these partitions be on a 2GB Card?

Also can I uncheck both Gallery options on the kitchen and then install the Gallery 3D update (provided a posts back) after flashing?

Guest DanWilson

I can't help but notice all the yellow and blue names at the bottom. And the the single red name. If you want Paul I could join you in the red name-ness :( :(

Guest ogiogi
I can't help but notice all the yellow and blue names at the bottom. And the the single red name. If you want Paul I could join you in the red name-ness :( :(

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE :o

Guest DanWilson
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE :o

OK, orange :o

With my group as "The Devil" :(:):(:)

Edited by DanWilson

Guest flip360

i flashed the app2sd version and all is working extremely well. i have around 80Mb free space, Thanks Paul :(

Edited by flip360

Guest biron_w
Check your SD partitions - FAT32 first, EXT2 next.

P

How do you do partition in that order?If I use recovery it always asks for ext first before FAT32. And how big should the FAT partition be?

Guest thisweb
Is there anyone with a custom baked ROM, who could get past the setup wizard FC? If so, how do you accomplish that? :(

Never had this problem. Using kitchen with a2sd not a2sd+, no roadsync, no titanium, no wavesecure, no developer apps. Everything else selected.

Upgraded wo t-mob hungarian, installed recovery, wiped phone,cache & ext before installing pauls new 2.1 rom.

Does that help?

Guest bounty123
How do you do partition in that order?If I use recovery it always asks for ext first before FAT32. And how big should the FAT partition be?

I did that on my PC (under linux).

But that freakin' wizard keeps FC-ing so I can't use my custom baked ROM :~(

Guest thisweb
Please could someone quickly explain "To use A2SD, you should partition your SD card to have a FAT32 partition first, then an EXT partition second".

How big should these partitions be on a 2GB Card?

Also can I uncheck both Gallery options on the kitchen and then install the Gallery 3D update (provided a posts back) after flashing?

yes you can flash your own gallery with the updated one no probs and Deselect others in kitchen. For ext use default 512mb (your unlikely to need more than this even with tonnes of apps!) and format rest as FAT32. By the way it doesn't matter which you do 'first', I think recovery menu does ext first then fat32. Same difference. You just need 2 partitions.

Guest thisweb
Again the same..... :(

This really doesn't matter what order you do it. I did mine with recovery, ext first then Fat32, I think paul just means that you have to have both.

Perhaps paul can cofirm this? Certainly I've only ever partitioned my sd with Amon Recovery. Ext first then FAT32, (0 mb swap of course!) never had a problem and apps still install to ext partition automatically. I also have tried this for both a2sd and a2sd+. 16gb card.

Edited by thisweb

Guest dodge-167
This really doesn't matter what order you do it. I did mine with recovery, ext first then Fat32, I think paul just means that you have to have both.

I did:

1.Install 2.1 Hungarian ROM

2. Instaled Superboot and Amon Ra Recovery

3.i did SD paritition and ext:2 to ext:3

4.Installed MoDaCo ROM

5. i again need to move SD card to turn on the phone....