29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DanWilson
I did:

1.Install 2.1 Hungarian ROM

2. Instaled Superboot and Amon Ra Recovery

3.i did SD paritition and ext:2 to ext:3

4.Installed MoDaCo ROM

5. i again need to move SD card to turn on the phone....

Why install superboot?

Guest thisweb
I did:

4.Installed MoDaCo ROM

Hmm , I know ext3/4 doesn't work with this rom, but i believe they are backward compatible with ext2 anyway so shouldn't be an issue. However it my be worth trying just doing a ext2 partition with fat32?

Actually, superboot might also be causing a problem. You do not need superboot, that was for old 1.5 rom only. Just install AmonRA - I vaguely remember a thread saying this can cause a problem with the newer roms - ill see if I can find it

Guest Richard_Arkless
I did:

4.Installed MoDaCo ROM

ext3 is not supported so leave it at ext2

Guest gusthy
Hmm , I know ext3/4 doesn't work with this rom, but i believe they are backward compatible with ext2 anyway so shouldn't be an issue. However it my be worth trying just doing a ext2 partition with fat32?

Actually, superboot might also be causing a problem. You do not need superboot, that was for old 1.5 rom only. Just install AmonRA - I vaguely remember a thread saying this can cause a problem with the newer roms - ill see if I can find it

Yes, ext3/4 screws a2sd

Guest bounty123

Ok I probably found out the cause of the Wizard FC. I unchecked the e-mail application at the first time. Now that i included the e-mail, there is no FC any more at the wizard screen after the keyboard intro.

Guest thisweb

Does anybody else play spot the pulse user on the train to work? . I got my first point today (since xmas when I got mine!) I got so excited but stopped short of suggesting he upgrade to the the 2.1 rom. Now I worry I've given him over to apple on his next purchase. I'm such a geek!!!! Thats why I resisted.

Guest zerosignull
Theme-able?

Custom boot image-able?

I'm irritated cos I just downloaded the MCR... :(

Custom everything really. No odexing or what not. It you want a custome boot.img i guess you can push one to the device or just rebuild the boot.img. Do you have some funky ass boot logos i can rob?

Edited by zerosignull

Guest bindi

Anyone who have got this MCR installed can confirm if everything is working or are there any bugs? Also for A2SD, Is it really important to rollback to ext2 partition?

Guest flip360
Anyone who have got this MCR installed can confirm if everything is working or are there any bugs? Also for A2SD, Is it really important to rollback to ext2 partition?

Everything works even A2SD, and works really, really well :(

Edited by flip360

Guest bounty123
Everything works even A2SD, and works really, really well :(

I can confirm that everything works well. I had no FC's. A2SD is up and running!

Guest dodge-167
I can confirm that everything works well. I had no FC's. A2SD is up and running!

??? I have on begining acore and voice fc....

EDIT: Germany won in Eurovision! Congratulation!!! Its really a great song!!!! :( :( :o

Edited by dodge-167

Guest MarcusHenrique

This is no good for me =/.. I've manage to update with RMB but this rom is veryy slow for me and I get tons of FC's, android.acore ones =/

Guest bounty123
??? I have on begining acore and voice fc....

EDIT: Germany won in Eurovision! Congratulation!!! Its really a great song!!!! :( :( :o

I had an acore warning at the start also, but I just pushed WAIT. Voice search did not fc for me yet, neither anything else.

Still putting back stuff from market, it somehow feels _really_ fast.

Guest dodge-167

i cant get to work A2SD+.... Do i need to do a "ext:2 to ext:3" or not....

Edited by dodge-167

Guest ozren
i cant get to work A2SD+.... Do i need to do a "ext:2 to ext:3" or not....

I did not do that and A2SD work for me... Market has some bug where it won't start download but after a reboot it says download finished and it continues to installing successfuly!

Guest bounty123
I did not do that and A2SD work for me... Market has some bug where it won't start download but after a reboot it says download finished and it continues to installing successfuly!

I have no problems with market, it seems like 2x as fast as it was with the stock rom. I have A2SD (without +). Earlier if i had download start problems, starting google talk and then restarting the install always fixed it for me.

Guest milun

one issue

when I had installed 2.1 vanilla stripped down rom V4 or V5 had a rotation and display on your desktop and on the menu, settings, ... that is all

When I put the hungary update and paula has the usual rotation displaja that is, as to 1.5

Can anyone tell me why this is, is that the homescreen or something else

Guest MrLowHoe

Hey guys,

So to use this I must first install the OFFICIAL Hungarian 2.1 Rom then install CRI then flash this baby?

2nd question, if encounter a problem with this work-in-progress rom I would NOT be able to go back to MCR 1.7 because of this partition table difference?

Please help me out :(

P.S GO PAUL!

Guest tido

If it wasn't clear for anyone: You can format/partition the SD card under Linux, not only in recovery. I just did this and everything was moved to the SD,now I have iGO installed and i still have 74Mb free!!! :(

Guest bounty123
What is the diference between A2SD+ and A2SD???

Basically A2SD is faster, because the dalvik-cache remains on the faster phone memory. The A2SD+ is slower, because the dc is on the slower sd card, but you will have more room in the phone memory.

I recommend you to use A2SD unless you _really_ need that extra space.