Original HTC Desire Car Kit

Guest nerdo

Guest nerdo

HTC DESIRE CAR KIT UPGRADE CU S420

12315%20Genuine%20HTC%20Desire%20Car%20Kit%20CU%20S420.jpg

I am desperately looking for a bulk-less car mount for my Desire when I bumped into this genuine car mount from HTC which is really very attractive but unfortunately won't be available before beginning of July, a bit pricey though for £ 63.95 :(

Available for pre-order from several sites, google it interested

Overview

Perfect for holding your phone whilst in the car, the HTC Desire windscreen holder keeps your phone secure and safe in the car utilising a suction mount system to firmly attach to your cars windscreen. The fully adjustable stalk allows you to adjust the holder to virtually any position.

Attach the HTC Desire Car Upgrade Kit and your device automatically activates the "NaviPanel" interface that provides quick access to all the essential phone features while driving.

Not only does this brilliant package come with a holder, you are also supplied with a Genuine HTC Desire car charger. This is perfect for keeping your battery topped up whilst in the car, or keeping your phone going during a long journey. Simply plug in and charge, works in conjunction with your phones battery to automatically stop charging once the battery is full.

Features

* Active charging through the cradle

* Flexible ball joint and neck

* microUSB car charger is included in the pack

* New design

* Connects straight to the NaviPanel interface

* No tools required - easy to install

* Convenient, reliable and easy to use

* Holder swivels so you can view your device in either portait or landscape mode.

* Flexible pedestal shaft adjusts quickly

* Flexible arm

* Suction pad

NaviPane

Attach the HTC Desire Car Upgrade Kit and your device automatically activates the "NaviPanel" interface that provides quick access to all the essential phone features while driving.

Power

Keep your device charged and ready to go. The built in power socket lets you connect a car charger whilst driving to keep your HTC Desire powered and ready for when you arrive at your destination.

Box Contents

* HTC Desire Car Charger

* HTC Desire Gooseneck Device Holder

* HTC Micro USB Car Charger

* HTC Desire Suction Plate ( for applying on dash )

N.B. This car kit is under the development stage, specifications and the ID design of the car kit are subject to changes.

If your Desire is not unlocked and it's from any particular operators, then the phone might not come with NaviPanel' software.

Guest nollie

I picked up a generic phone grip from Halfords for £9 which works a treat with a £1.99 car adapter cable. Less bulky than this one, too. I'll post some pics up soon.

Guest mlines
Looks nice, but im mostly interested in the auto-starting of navipanel. Any more info on this?

Strange you should mention this. I don't have any form of "official" car mount. I have an adjustable "gripping" Siemens mount clipped into my heater vent and occasionally on exitting a phone call (made with the inbuilt Car bluetooth facility) the Desire comes up with......the Navigation screen!

I wonder if this is in some way a manifestation?

Martin

Guest PeteT
Looks nice, but im mostly interested in the auto-starting of navipanel. Any more info on this?

I have a brodit mount and have the navipanel execute when i put the phone into the cradle, abd close when i remove it.

To achieve this i use a program called "Setting profile" Here

Set up a rule to run the navipanel when it is connected to a mains power supply and close it when it is disconnected. The only downside it that it does it when just charging it, but can live with that.

• 2 months later...
Guest technaudio
I got this one off ebay for £10.90 with a car charger ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT ) It works well, even if it doesn't launch the car panel automatically :D

i've got one of these too, but if you look closely, you'll see its not a very snug fit, its actually designed for an iPhone, they just so happened to notice many other phones fit in it too... my nokia e63 fits aswell.

Guest Phazeshift
i've got one of these too, but if you look closely, you'll see its not a very snug fit, its actually designed for an iPhone, they just so happened to notice many other phones fit in it too... my nokia e63 fits aswell.

Odd, mine fits perfectly. Maybe you have a slightly different one? That advert doesn't say it's compatible with the iPhone.

Edited by Phazeshift